Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Yummy Breakfast Sandwich (Microwaveable Series)

by Morague Posted 21st Jun 2007 at 10:29 AM - Updated 12th Jul 2007 at 10:50 PM by Morague : Reloading the file as some people are having problems.

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 10:55 AM
That's really awesome, thanks for sharing!

ON WEDNESDAYS, WE WEAR PINK
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 2:38 PM
okay i love it and im a big fan but its making my game crash. i ran the conflic program but nothing appears conflicting.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 5:11 PM
Same here--do you know if it's compatible with Seasons? I tried a LOT of times and the game kept crashing. Finally I took both the pizza & sandwich foods out and problem fixed. It's a shame, too, because it seems like a great idea
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 7:03 PM
I got the same crashing problem, but the pizza worked okay. I also have Seasons-- maybe it's that?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 8:31 PM Last edited by Morague : 21st Jun 2007 at 9:46 PM.
Hmmm,

Maybe the file got corrupted when I uploaded it or when you downloaded it. I'll check it out here & report back. It works in Seasons - that's what I'm running.

Try deleteing groups.cache from your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder - it's possible there something in there that is interfering with this. Groups.cache gets regenerated by the game at start-up if it does not exist. The first time you start after you delete it will be a little slower than normal because it has to regenerate it, but after that the game runs as normal.

Edited:

Edited:

Ok - I've tested this again & it's working fine for me. Let me know if deleteing groups.cache does not work.
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 10:39 PM
Nope i delete groups.cache and it still crashes.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 12:08 AM
My game keeps crashing too! I finally narrowed it down to the micro foods, and then finally down to this breakfast sandwich. I wonder what could be causing this. Well I hope you get this fixed soon because my sims that live in this apartment complex where there isn't enough room for a stove could really use some more microwaveable foods.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 1:39 AM
I also tried slowly putting my folders back into the game, finally ending up with this file that was definitely crashing it.

For some reason, I'm just having all around problems with this and the muffin file. Sorry about all this. Thanks for your hard work with these-- having more microwaveable foods is really very useful.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 2:42 AM
oo Now My sims can have a Dunkin' Donuts! THANK YOU!
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 2:58 AM
This makes my game crash as well. I've deleted groups.cache and plan to reload the game to see if it works. For what it's worth, I'm on a Mac and am not running Seasons.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 4:57 AM
I have all the other foods in the microwavable series and haven't encountered any problems until now. I'm also experiencing crashing to desktop on load-up.
Deleting the groups.cache did not help for me either, unfortunately.
I love these foods so hope you can find the problem soon.
Scholar
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 5:14 AM
Mmm...Yum! I love any type of breakfast muffins, and I love the fact that my sims can have the luxury too!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 6:17 AM Last edited by Morague : 22nd Jun 2007 at 7:48 AM.
Ok - for those of you who are getting crashes with this - I am really sorry - I don't know what could be causing the problem. I have reloaded the file in case there was some kind of corruption.

I have retested & looked at it again in SimPE - there just isn;t anything that I can see that is wrong - but - obviously something is! Please let me know if the new file works - if not, then i will remake this one.

Morague
Field Researcher
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 7:36 PM
I downloaded the the re-uploaded file, and am now having no problems, thank you.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 9:50 PM
YAY!!!

It looks like it's fixed Thank you for letting me know.

Morague
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 10:54 PM
Downloaded the reloaded file, and it also makes my game crash. I should mention that I have Season and are running Sims 2 on Vista.

I have had no problems with any of the other foods from the microwavable series, which I absolutely love.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 12:42 AM
I downloaded the new file and am having no problems with it. I also have Seasons and am running the Sims 2 on Windows Vista, so that is not the problem. you should take out all your other downloads and leave in just this one a make sure it is making your game crash.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 3:14 AM
Well, it's working great for me-- no crashing, and it's appearing in the menu and everything. Thanks for doing this! It's silly how little our Sims were able to prepare in the microwave before you starting doing these.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 7:01 AM
juniorvindahl,

The only thing I can think of to try would be deleteing the groups.cache again, then restarting. This was cloned from the grilled cheese, so it will work with any combination of EPs or just the base game. I checked & double checked it & I can't see anything in there that would be causing this. Is it possible you have an old version of this tucked away somewhere? Please keep me posted - I really do want to solve this problem once & for all.

Giggles - I totally agree. We use the micro all the time at home - it just seemd so silly that the sims could do so little with it

Thank you all for being so patient!
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 12:29 PM
Deleted and downloaded it yet again, and it works!!! YAAAY!!!!

Thank you so much for these great creations. Keep up the great work.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#22 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 1:58 PM
Thank goodness!

Yay!!!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 10:17 PM
Works great.
My and my YA are very thankfull. There best friend is the microwave yet. They just living of microwavable food. :D

Love dosen't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwile. - Franklin. P. Jones
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 1:02 AM
looks terrific!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 2:54 AM
Not working for me. Game closes out when it's about 80% loaded.

❌✖️❌✖️❌ Boycott SPs for TS4. EA is squeezing pennies from us without giving us content with substance. Show them you expect more! ❌✖️❌✖️❌
Page 1 of 2