Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Layered Medieval Dresses

by iamliz13 Posted 21st Jun 2007 at 9:32 PM - Updated 30th Jun 2007 at 4:19 PM by iamliz13

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 10:55 PM
That is sooo the thing I need!
I'm currently playing a medieval neighbourhood and was running out of clothes for the peasants. Plus I love that mesh. Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 11:15 PM
These are lovely and will work wonderfully for my peasant, merchant, and knoble class ladies. Thank you for sharing your work with us, I know that I enjoy it.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 11:28 PM
I hope you know my Medieval Simdom is littered with your skins, now even my peasants have a new dress to wear just about everyday. I thank you an they thank you. Now if I can only speed things up on the downloading end I'd be trying these out right now, its really really slow today lately it doesn't matter how fast your server is you're gonna wait. But its well worth the wait believe me.
Instructor
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 12:41 AM
You know, just last night I was thinking, "I hope Liz makes more clothes. I could use a bit more." I've been working on other stuff. And then of course, here you are with some more fabulous skins. Email sometime sweetie, I miss our conversations.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 1:42 AM Last edited by Wednesday17 : 22nd Jun 2007 at 1:51 AM.
I just found another great use for these dresses: they can be easily converted for the RenGal layered mesh, they align perfectly, without any fuss. See picture. I added some bumpmaps and now I can even double the number of dresses for my sims and as my main sim woman is a RenGal, I'll have even better use than for townies only. So... thanks again!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 1:53 AM
That's fantastic! I've been skinning for the ren girl like crazy, so look out for those pretty soon. I love her shape in game.
Instructor
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 3:00 AM
Oh dear! Guess I picked the wrong day to cut down on downloading! These are simply irresistable - just LOVE the teal dress (ok, I love them all!) Thank you.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 7:23 AM
Wow, considering I did the edit on rengal separately (by hand) I had no idea I am so consistant, lol. And holy cow Liz! You have been busy!

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Instructor
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 1:02 PM
These are awesome Great Job :D
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 1:37 PM Last edited by Wednesday17 : 22nd Jun 2007 at 1:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by iamliz13
That's fantastic! I've been skinning for the ren girl like crazy, so look out for those pretty soon. I love her shape in game.

So do I. And I'm glad you like the idea and will convert them yourself - now I don't have to do more than the three I already did, but just wait for your next submission and download them, hehee! :D

Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Wow, considering I did the edit on rengal separately (by hand) I had no idea I am so consistant, lol.

Well, you did a great job on both accounts and those two meshes are one of the main reasons I'm playing medieval now instead of regency (that has to wait now).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 3:49 PM
I won't be converting these particular outfits to ren girl, I have been skinning a set of different outfits for her size, using all of Tig's great meshes.

And, wow, Tig I can't beleive you didn't purposely give them the same mapping, they are almost totally identical.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 4:28 PM
Um... even better, in a way. I'll do these myself PLUS download yours - what a happy simmer I'll be! :D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 10:25 PM
omg these are beautiful thank you.

even more perfect (is that actually possible?!) is the hair on the sim on the far right of the main picture. the FA wearing the green and black dress. where is it from? it looks amazing with these dresses, and i would love it on my new sim wearing the gorgeous purple number

thank you again!

if you ask me what im thinking.... the answer is always the same.

girl with a one track mind over here.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 3:32 PM
The hair is a Peggy pay mesh.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 1:01 AM
These dresses are lovely! Thanks!
Space Pony
#17 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 11:52 PM
Exactly which mesh is needed in the link you listed above?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 2:03 AM
The meshes are all available in the 'women working' package, in the women's clothing post.
Space Pony
#19 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 2:04 PM
Thank you, I'm now in the process of downloading the file in question. I look forward to seeing your wonderful creations in my game. Keep up the good work!!
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 11:44 PM
They are gorgeous Liz, my favorite has got to be the second one hihi , thank you and congrats on the well deserved feature!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 11:46 PM
Thank you!
I'm so excited these got featured!
I work really hard on my skins and I'm really glad to know the mods here think I'm doing a good job of it=)
ETA The second one is my favorite too!
Scholar
#22 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 12:59 AM
Congrads on the feature! Wonderful work!

Please check me out at Sims Crossing Please do not upload any of my lots,clothing, or other creations to other sites!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#23 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iamliz13
I work really hard on my skins and I'm really glad to know the mods here think I'm doing a good job of it=)

Liz, you do a great job and that hard work shows! Such nice textures that aren't photoskinned and really look like they belong in the game are rare. And fabulous! Congrats on the feature. :D
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 5:55 PM
I might just have to make a medieval story now. My downloads folder can't handle much more, but these are surely going in.

The real John McCain

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
-Albert Schweitzer
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 11:35 AM
the LayeredMedieval.rar (4.45 MB, 2462 downloads) download link is broken.
Page 1 of 2