Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gourmet Baked Alaska Duo *UPDATE*

by ayshala Posted 27th Jun 2007 at 6:23 PM - Updated 2nd Jul 2007 at 7:42 PM by ayshala

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 6:53 PM
Mmmmm, They are looking very tatsy. I am hungry now:0. Tank you for sharing these wonderfull foods with us.

Visit Happy Sims Shoppe for Free Sims 2 Downloads.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 7:16 PM
This looks amazing, and your description made me want to eat it myself!
Alchemist
#4 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 11:57 PM
Both of your cakes look so delicious. I have hard time to decide to use which blueberry or cherry cakes in my game.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 3:38 AM
Ya they look delicious, even though i don't think i ever had baked alaska before in real life. i should try it. :D

Legendary 1 Petabyte Flashdrive Shall Be Mine!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 4:29 AM
You did a very good job and the cakes looks delicious :D. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 7:16 AM Last edited by whitesiren : 2nd Jul 2007 at 7:51 AM.
This could be an odd problem on my end, but I believe I found a problem with your delicious little Alaskas.
It appears at least your blue Alaska replaced the default one. I couldn't find the original in the menu (when I had just your Alaskas in my downloads folder), and when I emptied my downloads folder, and made the original alaska, saved lot, etc,, and then put your files back, (reloaded game & lot) when my sim tried to serve the original Alaska it turned into the blue one. I hope that explanation makes sense.
(I don't know if you'd need to know this, but I have all expansions up to Pets & am running on a mac, so there is a chance it's just some weird mac thing I suppose, but the games should run exactly the same.) I figured you'd want to know, especially if this problem crops up with other users too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whitesiren
This could be an odd problem on my end, but I believe I found a problem with your delicious little Alaskas.
It appears at least your blue Alaska replaced the default one. I couldn't find the original in the menu (when I had just your Alaskas in my downloads folder), and when I emptied my downloads folder, and made the original alaska, saved lot, etc,, and then put your files back, (reloaded game & lot) when my sim tried to serve the original Alaska it turned into the blue one. I hope that explanation makes sense.
(I don't know if you'd need to know this, but I have all expansions up to Pets & am running on a mac, so there is a chance it's just some weird mac thing I suppose, but the games should run exactly the same.) I figured you'd want to know, especially if this problem crops up with other users too.

Egads! That definately shouldn't be happening. Did the cherry one show up at all, as default or original? The one thing that catches my attention is that you are using Mac,....though I don't think that should matter. Thank you for posting this....please anyone else having the problem..let me know! I'm going to go look in my files and check everything over.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ayshala
Egads! That definately shouldn't be happening. Did the cherry one show up at all, as default or original? The one thing that catches my attention is that you are using Mac,....though I don't think that should matter. Thank you for posting this....please anyone else having the problem..let me know! I'm going to go look in my files and check everything over.

The cherry one still showed up along with the blueberry, and it actually does not appear to be a default replacement, seeing as with just that in game the original Alaska showed up. Hope this helps.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whitesiren
The cherry one still showed up along with the blueberry, and it actually does not appear to be a default replacement, seeing as with just that in game the original Alaska showed up. Hope this helps.

It helps alot! Thank you.........I think I discovered the problem. If you hadn't of posted I would've never known there was any problem. I am so sorry to any of you who had trouble. Please download the updated files if the blueberry was replacing the default baked alaska! It should work now!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 10:42 PM Last edited by whitesiren : 2nd Jul 2007 at 11:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ayshala
It helps alot! Thank you.........I think I discovered the problem. If you hadn't of posted I would've never known there was any problem. I am so sorry to any of you who had trouble. Please download the updated files if the blueberry was replacing the default baked alaska! It should work now!

Thank you so much for all your hard work! Again, these are simply marvelous!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 5:45 AM Last edited by jeabde : 4th Jul 2007 at 5:51 AM.
delicious ^0^
Thank you.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:26 AM
These look fantastic compared to mine
mine were created back when i was cracking into the food code and adding the missing files that were needed to make food work,
i had no time for graphics really since it was a difficult task learning the food and how it worked when there was no one to learn from Sigh lol

These are fantastic looking and i think i will keep the blueberry one that over-writes the original in my game (the original is ugly anyways)

Thank you much
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 9:54 AM
Thanks, thanks, thanks million times!!!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 3:14 PM
Thanks..
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 4:53 AM
Oh Em Gee!!! This TOTALLY made my mouth water while reading the description "chocolate ice cream treat, covered in cocoa dusted meringue, whip cream, and a mountain of glazed cherries"
/drool
I really want this IRL now!!!
/lick lips!

Great Job and thankyouthankyouthankyou for sharing with us!

Questioning a girls authenticity as a gamer only solidifies your authenticity as a virgin
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 8:30 AM
They look delicious!
But...the Chocolate Cherry Baked Alaska is overwriting my original...
Field Researcher
#18 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 7:15 AM
Wonderful work! Me and my simmians thank you!

Wow, it's beautiful outside. I should probably do something....

Like close the blinds on my window so there isn't a glare on my computer screen.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 1:40 AM
I believe originally, one set of baked alaska overwrote the original, while the others didn't. Since I only noticed this on the blueberry, she did not fix the cherry. But I know one of the cherries and I believe both blueberries don't overwrite.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 5:50 PM
These are great. I use them in my bakery. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 1:03 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 7:11 AM
thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 7:41 PM
Thank you