Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 2:38 PM
Default Barstool not moving towards counter
I think I need a little help. I'm trying to make a barstool, but when I test it in the game it doesn't move 'in' towards the counter (island). Looks completely silly when sims try to sit on it.

All I did was clone the cheapest Maxis barstool. Import new mesh, assign GUID and import texture map. Didn't touch anything else.

Any help or suggestions will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ETA: I searched the forum and someone else had a similar problem quite some time ago. However, nobody seemed to have any suggestions how to solve it at the time.
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 2:59 PM
I seem to remember that bar stools have joints, and need to be either imported with the Mesh Tool or Milkshape plugins to retain the animations. You can find tutorials for some objects in the tutorial area by JWoods on using the Mesh Tool. There is no bar stool specific tutorial, but it should be pretty easy to figure out how to apply the steps to another object .
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 6:56 PM
Thank you very much, IgnorantBliss. Your help is very much appreciated. I'll try and see how it goes.