Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 4382 times. | Locked by: Canoodle Reason: Fixed
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 5:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife
Default Black faces in create a family? O.O
I've fixed problems with the game crashing before...but this is the first time I've ever had this particular problem. Whenever I go to make a family, the face of *all* sims ( both genders, all ages) are completely black...their body, hair, even their eyes show, but their face is solid black. when I put make-up on the make-up shows like there's a face there, but it's completely black. Any ideas of how to fix this?
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 5:53 AM
It sounds like your objects.package has become corrupted. You can try this:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...Objects.package

Let us know how you get on. :)

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 8:20 AM
Phew...Well...I followed the directions about replacing the objects file...then when I re-started the game it froze and wouldn't even load create a family. So I finally got frustrated, uninstalled and then completely reinstalled the game (put my downloads safely in another folder first), and then loaded the game.

And they still had black faces O.O;;

On the verge of a nervous breakdown, I then took all my downloads out and then re-started the game.

And they had their faces back ~__~;;;;

So obviously one among my huge multitude of downloaded files has to be the culprit ^^;; I guess my only option now is to slowly add the downloaded files back until I figure out which one caused the problem.

thank you though ^__^
Coffee, anyone?
#4 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 4:08 PM
Here's a guide to help you figure out what is causing the problem:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?..._Custom_Content

I'd start with any skins and default replacements.

Let us know how you get on. :)

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 12:13 AM
solved it ^__^ I'd accidentally downloaded a set of default eyes, once I deleted them, I could put all my downloads into the download folder with nary a problem ^^ Thanks a bunch! ^_^
Coffee, anyone?
#6 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 1:27 AM
Glad to see you got it sorted out. Happy Simming.

Closed Thread

Section jump