Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Tall Fences and Gates

by crocobaura Posted 17th Jul 2007 at 9:58 AM

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 10:03 AM
Darn, downloads are down. I'll be back to get this! I love it, croco! I always thought the Maxis fences were more for a front garden fanciness than to keep anything in... or out!

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Scholar
#3 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 11:26 AM
Excellent ! These new fences will be useful. Thank you Croco.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 11:30 AM
Very much appreciated. I´ll download it another time also. And make mine all JLonier words!

Visit (site in portuguese):
http://www.thesims2elitte.kinghost.net/
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 8:31 PM
I was looking for fences like this, thanks they'll come in handy.

I take house requests! Just send me a PM.
Scholar
#6 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 8:45 PM
They look really cool but for some reason the downloads aren't working even though it says they're all back online now.
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 8:50 PM
These are nice! I'm happy to see some new colours. Another job well done!

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 8:53 PM
Very useful, Croco! Thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 9:34 PM
very nice. thank you for making our games better!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 12:09 AM
Finally, tall white picket fences. These are the ones I always saw being painted in TV shows like the Little Rascals. I was but a child when these were on TV, and that's the story I'm sticking with. ;0)

Let me know if you use any of my recolors in a story, video, etc. I'd like to see it!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 3:16 AM
Thanks for sharing your work! The fences look really great!
hexameter
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#12 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 2:09 PM
Thanks Crocobaura! These are great!

Sorry I can't take requests anymore!
And I will probably never convert my creations for TS2 to TS3.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 12:04 AM
Thank you! They're great and will be very useful!
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 6:23 AM
Thank you, thank you, a thousand times, THANK YOU!
Scholar
#15 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 8:16 PM
thanks they're great in-game, (I managed to download them eventually) :D
Field Researcher
#16 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 3:49 AM
I got the gates to show up, but not the fences.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deeme
I got the gates to show up, but not the fences.

The fences look like normal maxis fences in game, only they have the little white star on them. Also, I think you need at least an expansion pack for fences to show up, so if you only have base game, I'm not 100 % sure that they will.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 5:36 AM
Well, these worked fine for me before I installed seasons but then caused my game to crash. I removed all my hacks and downloads and tested these fences and each time when trying to place them the game crashes. I tried redownloading them with the same effect.

The client also crashed if you used a maxis fence with these fences in the downloads. After removing them (and all other userfiles still out) the fences/fence tool worked fine. Other custom fences still work. Hope this can be fixed, as they really were my favorite before hand
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skygirl22
Well, these worked fine for me before I installed seasons but then caused my game to crash. I removed all my hacks and downloads and tested these fences and each time when trying to place them the game crashes. I tried redownloading them with the same effect.

The client also crashed if you used a maxis fence with these fences in the downloads. After removing them (and all other userfiles still out) the fences/fence tool worked fine. Other custom fences still work. Hope this can be fixed, as they really were my favorite before hand

Hello, just tested them and they work fine in my game. Have no idea what could be causing your game to crash.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 8:43 AM
I don't know either, I'm starting to think though it's just because I am using mac version, oh well. Thanks !
Instructor
#21 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 10:45 AM
Thank you, Croco, for the the nice fences!
Pickles

* Pickles *
Forum Resident
#22 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 10:26 AM
Thanks so much. I'm really surprised Maxis didn't include tall fences in the game... oh well. Yours are fab!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 9:47 AM
It's not always easy to find fences AND matching gates, and the original inspiration for this taller version is a well-used one on some of my lots. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 8th May 2022 at 8:23 PM
These are lovely, can u please (if its possible) make them base game compatible?!!