Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 10:38 AM
These are great new rules, it always sucked not to be able to download something you like because the mesh was pay.

Thanks for those rules.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 10:41 AM
sounds great!i don't know why would anyone wanted to made sim stuff 4 money,cause A LOT the most TALENTED creators are HERE on MTS2 and they made awesome things for free,from love!!!regards
Mad Poster
#53 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 10:43 AM
Great new rules. Maybe something similar will be implemented on S2C as well because that's where the real advertising is really done.
Instructor
#54 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 10:44 AM
*claps*

Brilliant!
Now, if I had the time I'd so change all my pictures that contains paysite CC... that would make me a happy penguin.
But I think I'm gonna have to settle for just no more from now. Stupid RL. Maybe some other time.

But this is some of the best news ever! Thanks for showing the rest of the community how it should be done.

Hey, wanna get rid of the PaySites once and for all?

Wanna join the Animal Army?
Give me credit and you can include/default/whatever my stuff - No Paysites!
- I always use skins from Enayla
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 10:45 AM
I'm so glad ya'll are doing this. I get real tired of people posting comments on a thread just to say "Oh! Your downloads nice but where can I get that hair in the pic???" x.x Definately for the WCIF thread. I also hate downloading something, only to find that the mesh or some other part is a pay item, then having to go through my DL's and find all of it and delete it. *worships* Thank you!

Your Grandma Loves Me.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 11:20 AM
I have absolutely no problems with these rules, since I never use pay items anyway, furthermore I almost never use items beside the in-game when show-casing my content, no sense in confusing people about what's being showcased!
I've always believed that custom content should be made because we love to and not to earn an xtra buck - Get a real job if you really need the money!

These new rules are an improvement, every effort made to keep this site 100% clean from pay items will always be an improvement *All my 10 thumbs up* :D

Life's a game, so let's play!
Instructor
#57 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
The sims already on site that have a screenshot that includes pay hair but are not packaged with the hair are all safe. (I assume you did not click the 'requires pay mesh' on the upload)

New sims you submit will not be accepted with screenshots of pay hair, even if the sim is packaged without, you will have to find a suitable free hair for your screenshot. (this also goes for clothing - put free hair on your models!)

Btw, what matters on a custom sim is the facial structure and the custom skintone/facemask, if there is one. Hair can be replaced by the user afterwards, although the idea behind this is that all members can actually _have_ the sim you're showing in your pictures, even if they do have to go to a site with a free download for the particular hair.

Okay, got ya. Thanks Tig for your fast reply.

- Bre (Buckingham Alice)
Creating can take hours, days, or even weeks. Saying "thank you" only takes one click. :)
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 12:24 PM
Fantastic new policy Delphy! I've never understood how they can take free tools from EA, or the community and then use them to sell items with. In just the short time I have been here I have seen some creators learn all they can here, then open a paysite and take their goodies and leave, or take most of their goodies and leave a couple with a link to their new paysite. I for one am very glad you took this view, I am sure many have had their pockets lined by the members of MTS2. I know I have lined several pockets from links on MTS2 and EA, but no more. Especially after some of the things I have seen/heard/attacks I have witnessed lately.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 1:21 PM
Add me to the list of people in full support of this.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 1:25 PM
Thank you for the new clarification of the site rules. It answers a question that I thought I wasn't going to get a reply to and reminds me of why I'm happy here. I also think it's only fair that the biggest and best free site showcases only free items.

Again thanks!
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 1:56 PM
thank you! this is such a great idea!

***PAYSITES MUST BE DESTROYED***
Test Subject
#62 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 2:18 PM
The rules are soo evil, but really kewl.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#63 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 2:25 PM
This is great news =) Personally I now have my downloads divided (no pay items anyway - I would rather drink bleach than PAY for game items) into separate sections all by creator - 1) Items that can be included in lots 2) Items that can't be included and 3) Items that as yet I haven't identified a policy for because creators are too lazy to include the info in the item description =) Which I REALLY WISH THEY WOULD DO.

Having said that - on my own site I follow my own rules - eg: if its free it should be share-friendly. My particular faves are creators who make walls/floors/terrains and don't allow them to be shared in lots - seriously gafc!

Anyway I only foresee one problem arising - there are creators who share items on for example their own sites AND TSR free bits - but I am assuming if thats the case the creator site policy will take precedence.

I am pretty sure most of my lots on here probably contain free TSR items (oh yes I made sure I downloaded EVERY single free piece during the big rotation) but hey - Im all about the advancement of FREE GAME ITEMS and so not about wanting people to love me for my lots it doesn't matter!!

Great work and great move =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 2:58 PM
These new rules look great - thanks moderating team
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 3:01 PM
Wonderful news! This is a huge move and it will have such a positive effect, not just on this site but on the entire sims community :D

I have one quick question re tiggerypums response to fairywasteland's question. If an existing sim does have a recolour of a paymesh included, would it be possible to remove the recolour and reupload the sim with maxis hair?
Or would the screenshots also need to be redone showing a non pay or maxis hair? The sim is already marked as 'requires pay mesh'.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 3:12 PM
I knew there was a reason why there's only one sim site saved to my favorites! MTS2! I can't even begin to imagine how ya'll manage to put in so much hardwork to this site and then up the ante even more by not 'requiring' a single monetary expression of our gratitude. You teach us how to use the maxis offered tools with unbelievable well written tutorials, you seek out other tools that can be used that were created by others and then take the time to find all the quirks and tricks to write even more wonderful tutorials. You host our uploads and only ask that we submit the best we can do, while everyone in this community offers advice on how things could be improved and encouragement on the things we've gotten right. And all the while you make improvements to this site through upgrades and new rules that require much more work on your part, so that the rest of us can reap the benefits.

And while it seems that when you create the new rules that you are setting up your defenses for an attack by community members you are greeted instead with a wealth of understanding and cheers for it. This site is by far the best site ever seen for the sims 2. And this new rule only goes to show the intergrity behind this site, its perhaps easier to say "keep it free" than to enforce it, and this move only shows that it is a sincere belief as well as policy!

Kudos to you Delphy and all of the moderators and even the community, for your hardwork and understanding.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]There are those that do, those that teach and those that merely dream.[/COLOR]
Test Subject
#67 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 3:37 PM
Great news. A step towards the right direction!
Test Subject
#68 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sphinx287
thank you! this is such a great idea!

***PAYSITES MUST BE DESTROYED***

I totally agree

And When It All Goes To Hell,

Will You Be Able To Tell Me

You're Sorry With A Straight Face?
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:42 PM
I've waited so long for this to happen! Seriously, I'm sick and tired of finding an item I really want to have in-game (mostly hair), only to find that I have to pay for it. These new rules eliminate that problem for me. Thank you so much!

I've never really understood why some people charge money for their Sims 2 content. Correct me if I'm wrong (which I mostly likely am lol), but isn't that illegal?
Mad Poster
#70 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:09 PM
So, what will happen to compounded compositions like lots and sims which may contain some recolours of pay items...? Will they get tagged or moved to the archive as well?
Field Researcher
#71 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:10 PM
I think it is a brillant idea and I applaud you. thanks
Field Researcher
#72 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:15 PM
Thank you for this. I have always been bothered by the existance of recolors of pay items on MTS2. I feel better now. Thanks!

New Judfer creations at Sims2 Noir.
Live Free or Die.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:38 PM
I am in favor of this change. Thank you
Instructor
#74 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:44 PM
i am happy to see these new rules
I had the same question as niol above.
I also have another question, this may not be the right thread for it but I wasnt sure where to put it lol
you said
Quote:
What if I recoloured a pay mesh from SimChic but included the mesh because they allow that... will that count as a pay mesh recolour?

That wouldn't be counted because the user doesn't need to download anything else, since you are allowed to include the meshes with your uploads. So yes, it's allowed.

I was told I couldnt include any meshes with my sim upload, they have to be taken out before uploading (even though the mesh creator allows redistribution). So does this only apply to clothes/objects separate from sims/lots? Or are we now allowed to include meshes (free or not) in our sims/lots that are redistributable?

WickedNoukFamily -- free sims2 sites with hundreds of creations for you to fill your downloads folder with! Some sites offer sims3 content too! :D

Pay Stuff for Free -- Visit Me at My Website: Wicked Sims (sims2 & sims3)
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:50 PM
Great rules, I agree 100%.

Keep up the great work!! :D
Locked thread
Page 3 of 10