Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 5:49 AM
Default Free Animation Program
Are there any free programs that you can use to animate objects? Maybe something where I sould make the mesh in Wings3d, then animations in the other program?

the paysite anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHs-6xnMEdE
Note: The vocalist must be LyricLee
Advertisement
Fluffy
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 8:27 AM
That all depends on what you want to do.
To animate objects like wardrobes and toilets for the sims, from a mesh out of Wings3D you use the mesh tool. But that uses the ingame animations.
You can also make objects spin/move etc. by setting certain parameters in SimPE (definitely not an expert here), or give them an animated texture to give the illusion of animation.
Please elaborate on what you're trying to do.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 10:56 AM
If this for is the project I think it is, then you're trying to create new object animations. At the moment the only way to create new animations is to use Milkshape, or to edit the files manually in SimPe. I wouldn't recommend doing it in SimPE as a beginner though, it takes a really long time and a lot of math.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 5:26 PM
yeah i think echo knows what im talking about here , and are there any tutorials for doing it in SimPe, cause that may be my only option.

the paysite anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHs-6xnMEdE
Note: The vocalist must be LyricLee
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 11:57 AM
Unfortunately, no. Mostly because doing it is a real pain.
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 9:40 AM
there is a program that does animation and has bone enable feature in it.

it would be very complicated because i dont think you can import them so u would have to make your own joints. wwhich would be very very complicated.

i wouldnt recommend it but its called Gmax. its used for sim city 4. but seriously milkshape is the way to go.

plus i havnt even paid for it i jus keep reinstalling after every month.