Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*custom* Army Spouse Career

by senesi2003 Posted 4th Sep 2007 at 5:20 AM - Updated 9th Apr 2008 at 2:32 PM by senesi2003 : Updated New file: Missing work on days off

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 4:18 PM
This is adorable!!! Well done I truely love it x x x
Theorist
#3 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 5:19 PM
Great idea senesi, and from personal experience too! But I've got to ask, what does FRG stand for? A tempting answer pops into mind - which might be the way you feel about the meetings at times - but what's the official word?
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 5:39 PM
Read your personal Info. There is no such thing as "just" an army spouse My wife stuck with me for 33 years before they said I was too old and broken. Thankyou for your service.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 5:57 PM
Hey Sophie-David, I updated the post, but the official word on FRG is Family Readiness Group, although when the gossip gets bad among the wives, I have another name too, lol . And Raycee, glad to hear your wife stuck with you for 33 years. My husband has been for 13 years, I have been with him for 8 1/2 years of it and am in it for the long haul as well. I am proud of my husband and also thank you for 33 years!!!

I will play my sims today, then clean my house tomorrow...
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 6:06 PM
Rather low paying tho.
But still downloading it for fun.
Thanks.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 6:07 PM
This looks amazingly well done. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 9:23 PM
Thanks for your service! --AF Wife
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 1:58 AM Last edited by luckyemt84 : 5th Sep 2007 at 4:42 PM.
This is absolutely awesome! I'm so amazed right now! And hey, you can think of the pay as the "dependent pay" that the active duty member gets!

Is there anyway that you could do one that is Air Force Spouse? If not that's totally fine, I'm going to download this one anyways! I just thought I would ask. Thanks again for all your hard work on his! --AF Wife
#10 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 7:30 PM
Good idea!

Oh we can be Heroes, just for one day - David Bowie
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today. - James Dean
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 6:55 PM
I did notice one issue while playing the career. On the first level my sim went to work on the Tuesday with no problems. However, on Wednesday I got the message "You have the day off today" then a while after work would have normally started (on a regular working day) I got another message saying my sim missed work and that I should be careful not to miss anymore days. I haven't played it more to find out if they actually do get fired, but I thought I would mention it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 9:16 PM
Thank you, I noticed it too, with someone I am playing with. I am updating it now to fix the problem, sorry for the inconvience.

I will play my sims today, then clean my house tomorrow...
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 6:56 PM Last edited by ldustin1 : 22nd Sep 2007 at 7:04 PM.
LMAO thanks for the career. So sad but soooooo true...a few people mentioned the "little pay". lol be happy the sims got anything, cause the real wives who do this job 7 days a week get nothing lol. I cant wait to get this downloaded. It will be an awesome addition to my family.
~an Army wife
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 3:10 AM
That is so cool, and so real! I love it, and was just wondering, how did I install it?
Thank you!

-BTW, I love your signature! :D-

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 10:39 AM
This is great, I love it. It's good having careers for the husband and wife that complement each other, I wish more people would think of things like this.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 12:54 AM
i absolutely love this!! :]
i'm totally using it in my game! woohoo!!

[proud us navy wife!!]
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 1:52 AM
As solider deployed in kuwait right now i think that my wife "KALAMITY_KATE" definately agree that this awesome
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:26 PM
Thank You
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 25th Jan 2020 at 12:39 AM
How is this a career?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#20 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 10:46 PM
Thank you.