Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims Can Learn to Teleport from Non-ninja Sims

by mike_1102 Posted 10th Sep 2007 at 4:49 PM - Updated 28th Sep 2008 at 7:57 PM by mike_1102

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 7:09 PM
WooHoo! My first BV mod! Can't wait to try it out.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 9:56 PM
Fantastic now we don't have to hunt down that ninja to teach us to do it.
Shall test it and see how it goes.
Thank You
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 2:06 AM
O_O how do you get ninja sims!?

ღLiving Dead Girlღ
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by InuTGurl
O_O how do you get ninja sims!?

Ninjas are NPCs found in Far East vacation destinations, only from whom (without this hack), you can learn the secret art of teleportation if you're deemed worthy.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 4:29 AM
How do you use teleportation?

I've tried normal way and this way, but all I get are the memories.

I want to teleport! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsandwhich2
How do you use teleportation?

I've tried normal way and this way, but all I get are the memories.

I want to teleport! :D

Select a sim who knows how, and click anywhere on the ground, and then choose "Teleport Here".
Field Researcher
#8 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 7:47 PM
Thank you so much for making this. It'll make it so much easier. I was hating having everybody in a household tracking down that ninja to learn to teleport. Last night I was having trouble getting the anwer right. My guy finally learned to teleport from the ninja on his 7th question asked.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 11:13 PM
shouldn't this be marked as needing BV? (congrats on teh first BV Mod, BTW!)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 6:48 AM
Wow, this is great! I found it silly that sims couldn't learn from those who had all ready mastered it. Good job, thank you!
Theorist
#11 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 7:39 AM
awesome thanks! can yiou do this for the other skills,like fire dance and all of the other? please please please :-)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 2:24 PM
You are awesome!!! Thank you!!!! This is the best!!!

I will play my sims today, then clean my house tomorrow...
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 2:42 AM
I'm so glad someone thought of this!! It took me forever to learn it the first time around!! Thank goodness, no more of those horrid questions he asks!! It took me more than 5 times to get the questions correct phew!!

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy. (I'm one of the 2%. Never drank or done drugs before in my life.)
(()) Pass this ribbon around if you have or know someone with an illness and together, WE CAN
//\\ CONQUER IT!!!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 3:17 AM
Wait I'm confused will this mod allowesims to teleprt like ninjas do or is this editing a mod that already does this.
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 9:52 AM
Thanks for making this hack. Now the one sim I have who can teleport can teach his ninja family!
I shamelessly admit I cheated to meet the ninja. After coming home, I used the boolprop cheat, shift clicked the mail box -> NPC selecter -> ninja. He came, he taught, he teleported.
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 11:58 PM
I don't know if this was mentioned but the ninjas are exclusive to Bon Voyage. Does MTS2 not have a B.V. icon yet? o.O

I have the fury, I have no patience
I am an inspiration
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 12:49 PM
Hey, what's the big idea?! When trying to learn from another sim, no matter what I do, I always get the riddle wrong and nothing happens. Am I just having horrible luck or do I need to do something different or is something up with this hack?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Masquerade
Hey, what's the big idea?! When trying to learn from another sim, no matter what I do, I always get the riddle wrong and nothing happens. Am I just having horrible luck or do I need to do something different or is something up with this hack?

you might want to try with a more serious sim
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 7:00 PM
Does the attributes have to be up or anything??
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 8:46 PM
If this works(which it prolly will) YOU ROCK! Thank you sooo much. =D

~Open your arms and let me show you what love can be like, It is all tears and it will be till the end of your time, Come closer my love, Will you let me tear your heart apart? All hope is gone So drown in this love~ HIM
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 5:44 AM
After installing this my sims lost the vacation memento "Learned to Teleport" ... I checked with SimPE before - it was there.
After restoring the memento (in SimPe) my sims couldn't even teleport, much less teach it to, or learn it from anysim else.

As I'd installed a few other mods lately I removed everything apart from this hack and the CEP - still no teleporting or learning teleporting in my game.

I have all ExPacks inc. FT & most StuffPacks except Teenstyle and K&B.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FêteFatale
After installing this my sims lost the vacation memento "Learned to Teleport" ... I checked with SimPE before - it was there.
After restoring the memento (in SimPe) my sims couldn't even teleport, much less teach it to, or learn it from anysim else.

As I'd installed a few other mods lately I removed everything apart from this hack and the CEP - still no teleporting or learning teleporting in my game.

I have all ExPacks inc. FT & most StuffPacks except Teenstyle and K&B.

Well, first, I'm not sure if a sim's abiltiy to teleport has anything to do with that vacation memento. If they ARE in fact the same thing, the only thing this mod does really is check if the sim being asked has the ability to teleport. It doesn't really try to add or delete that memento/token. So after you installed this mod, everysim in your game suddenly lost this ability all at once?
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 10:29 PM Last edited by FêteFatale : 30th Apr 2008 at 10:49 PM. Reason: checked mod version MQ_Teleport.package
What my sims lost was the ability to teleport, then after exiting the game the ability was lost when I checked in SimPe.
I only had two sims that had learned it - both in the same family and both on vacation together.
Every other sim I sent on vacation Takemizu Village sent up to a week searching for the Ninja without success so I thought I'd give your hack a try.
I haven't taken anysim back to Takemizu Village to try learning (or re-learning) to teleport ... that is my next move.

Before I started using your mod I checked in SimPE which sims had the ability to teleport. I made some edits in SimPE (to other characters, not those with teleport abilities). When I started the game I used a 'teleport' portal object (ascdstargateSG1teleporter.package - obviously different sort of teleport) to bring a sim with the skill to the lot of one that I wanted to learn the skill so that I could establish a relationship between them. When the interaction "learn to teleport" didn't show I visited the home lot of the sim (on campus) to see if he could teleport or if his housemates could learn from him. Neither was possible.

After installing BV I had a teleport mod (MQ_Teleport.package - BV version) in my downloads, but I removed it before sending anysim on vacation - I wasn't 100% sure the two methods weren't using the same 'gothere' code but I also didn't want my sims having two teleport abilities.

I play my game with several hacks, mostly from here or MATY, and do fairly rigorous conflict testing when installing a new Pack or adding new hacks. What I didn't do this time was check that the sims could still use teleport between installing some other hacks (adult stuff from SexySims2 ) and installing your hack.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 1st May 2008 at 12:35 AM Last edited by mike_1102 : 1st May 2008 at 12:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by FêteFatale
What my sims lost was the ability to teleport, then after exiting the game the ability was lost when I checked in SimPe.
I only had two sims that had learned it - both in the same family and both on vacation together.
Every other sim I sent on vacation Takemizu Village sent up to a week searching for the Ninja without success so I thought I'd give your hack a try.
I haven't taken anysim back to Takemizu Village to try learning (or re-learning) to teleport ... that is my next move.

Before I started using your mod I checked in SimPE which sims had the ability to teleport. I made some edits in SimPE (to other characters, not those with teleport abilities). When I started the game I used a 'teleport' portal object (ascdstargateSG1teleporter.package - obviously different sort of teleport) to bring a sim with the skill to the lot of one that I wanted to learn the skill so that I could establish a relationship between them. When the interaction "learn to teleport" didn't show I visited the home lot of the sim (on campus) to see if he could teleport or if his housemates could learn from him. Neither was possible.

After installing BV I had a teleport mod (MQ_Teleport.package - BV version) in my downloads, but I removed it before sending anysim on vacation - I wasn't 100% sure the two methods weren't using the same 'gothere' code but I also didn't want my sims having two teleport abilities.

I play my game with several hacks, mostly from here or MATY, and do fairly rigorous conflict testing when installing a new Pack or adding new hacks. What I didn't do this time was check that the sims could still use teleport between installing some other hacks (adult stuff from SexySims2 ) and installing your hack.

Ok, so i checked again to see if that "learned to teleport" memento actually has anything to do with a sim's ability to teleport, and apparently it doesn't. in other words, if you just add that memento to a sim in simPE, it won't make that sim able to teleport, even tho, in the game it shows that the sim has gained that vacation memento. Instead, a sim's ability to teleport is marked by the token GUID 0x531FE710, which is what this mod actually checks (and it never touches that memento) to see if the "Learn to Teleport" pie menu should appear for a particular target sim. So now it seems even more bizarre that your sims lost both two not quite related markers (the token and the memento) simultaneously. Anyhow, i think you might want to try finding that ninja again with another preferrably serious sim and see what happens. And this time, after your sim learns the ability, you can back up your neighbourhood before installing the mod, that is if you still want to use this.

EDIT: And i want to add that according to the symptons you decribed, it's unlikely that this was caused by a hack conflict. And this MQ_Teleport.package, if it's just a custom, less fancy concept similar to the official BV teleport, there should't be any compatibility issue there either.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 4:27 AM
Yay, no more ninja hunting! Thanks!

Live. Laugh. Love. Sim.
Page 1 of 2