Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 6904 times. | Locked by: Canoodle Reason: Fixed
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 7:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Pets, Seasons, Free Time
Default "The Sims 2 Body Shop Package Installer Has Stopped Working..."
Okay, I tried this question with the EA sims help people, but the guy didn't really seem to understand or something, and gave me an answer to a problem I didn't even say I had. o_O SO, hopefully you guys can help me out. XD

I have TS2, University, Pets, Seasons, and the Happy Holiday Stuff pack installed(all of which work just fine). My problem is that when I go to install custom content(the ones labeled "filename.sims2pack") a message from Windows Vista pops up saying "The Sims 2 Body Shop Package Installer has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem..." it 'searches' for a few seconds and then says "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." And from there it just has a button that says "close program". Body Shop itself works fine as far as I can tell, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

For reference, the EA guy replied and said the following:
"Thanks for contacting EA Technical Support. I am sorry for the difficulties which you have encountered with The Sims 2 Body Shop. I understand that you are encountering crashing issues.

First, please make sure that you have closed any programs or tasks running in the background as sometimes one of the programs can conflict with the game. Background applications such as anti-virus programs are often the cause of conflicts.

• Hold down the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys at the same time
• Click the "Processes" tab.
• Click on the gray bar in the middle column that says User Name to sort by user name.
• Do NOT select anything for SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, or NETWORK SERVICE.
• Click on anything besides EXPLORER and TASKMGR for this User Name or other user names.
• Click on END PROCESS
• Repeat these steps until only explorer.exe and taskmgr.exe are open for this user profile.

Don't worry that you are permanently changing your system configuration; these applications will return when you restart your system. If you receive a warning for any of these, don't worry it is a standard warning message and is expected. Please click "yes" and continue.

Next, please make sure that you are using the latest version of the Sims 2 Body Shop. Make sure you are using the icon in the menu for the latest expansion you own.

1. Click on Start and then Programs.
2. Click on EA GAMES, then choose the latest Sims 2 expansion you have installed.
3. Click on The Sims 2 Body Shop.

This version of Body Shop is the most up to date since it was installed with the latest expansion; you should not experience any crashing issues."

This was pretty much completely useless. I'm not having crashing problems, exactly. I replied and said this:
"That doesn't solve my problem. Like I said, Body Shop ITSELF works just fine. The problem is files I download labeled "filename.sims2pack"-just like the ones you get when you download things off the Sims 2 official website's exchange. I have tried closing all the background programs, and even tried having body shop open when I tried to have the files install-it didn't work. The same little windows vista error pops up, as previously described. It's not that anything is crashing...it just says that-not ACTUAL Body Shop-Body Shop PACKAGE INSTALLER has "stopped working". Which seems ridiculous since I even tried doing it while using Body Shop and it still didn't work."

That's the best way I can figure to explain it-which is why I suddenly remembered 'Hey! MS2 has a help forum!' I hope you guys can understand what I'm talking about. I searched through all the help, the solution center, etc...but couldn't find an answer. x_x Thanks in advance, guys!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#2 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 8:54 PM
Don't worry about the EA person, he doesn't actually have any knowledge of TS2, he just pasted that reply from a database.

First off, have you tried this with more than one file? It could be that trying to open a corrupt file is causing issues. Secondly, why are you using the bodyshop installer anyways? Go grab a copy of the Sims2Pack Clean Installer and see if that works.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 9:26 PM Last edited by shinigami Akumu : 11th Sep 2007 at 9:45 PM.
Default Hmm...
I tried several files and none of them will install-it's the same error every time! x_x I installed the program you recommended. When I choose the "downloads" directory it says "There was some files which couldnt have been read". Then it goes on to list a bazillion files...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 10:26 PM
Default Hold up!
Problem solved!

See, when I opened the Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer program, the message I mentioned before DID pop up and nothing would work. But then...

I tried double clicking one of the files, intending to show my brother the error message-and the Sims 2 Clean Pack Installer popped up as the default program and it worked!

I have no clue why. o_O But it did and that's what counts! Thank you so much for that recommendation! *gives cookies*
Closed Thread

Section jump