Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Russian Viking Style Tunic-New Mesh and Four Textures

by iamliz13 Posted 16th Sep 2007 at 3:03 PM - Updated 20th Sep 2007 at 2:40 AM by iamliz13

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 4:21 PM
This is so excellent! Thank you so much for sharing this!

hugs,
Skye

When in doubt, use clean installer
Fur is protested more than leather, because it's easier to harrass old ladies than biker gangs!
Scholar
#3 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 8:01 PM
Nice job !! Thank you iamliz13 !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 11:25 PM
These are awesome, thank you! My male sims always get short changed in the historical clothing department. Thanks a ton for sharing this. :D
Forum Resident
#5 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 11:25 PM
Awesome work! These look great.

Thanx ~ Syn

DO NOT RE-UPLOAD MY WORK TO THE EXCHANGE OR ANYWHERE ELSE. Please be courteous.

Many of my latest uploads are located HERE. Go check it out for some much more improved work.
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 11:33 PM
I'm impressed you did a mesh Liz! Excellent!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 2:15 AM
YEAH! You did it. Looks great in the screenshots (I'm not having a chance to play lately, sadly) We can always use more variety in those outfits. Good accuracy.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 4:48 AM
I haven't seen ya a while, Its good to see your making great skns. These look great, thanks.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 6:01 AM
yes! yes! just what i needed, thanks
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 10:23 AM
nice, might use it in my avatar
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 10:28 AM
these are amazing, thankyou
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#12 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 5:22 PM
Ooh they're gorgeous, Liz! Beautiful textures and they look very authentic. Nice!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 6:30 PM
he-h! Russians have never been vikings, study history better... anyway, thank you a lot for sharing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 6:40 PM
Actually,Rurik, a Swedish Viking of the Rus tribe, and his descendants after him ruled Russia for 700 years beginning in about 9th century AD. They even gave Russia it's name, as you can tell (Rus) Maybe you should study history "better" (and grammar too=P)
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 9:09 PM
As a Swede myself I can verfy that Iamliz13 is correct and aqqu is wrong.
We ventured all the way down to Turky on our less violent search for trading then our more violent (so I've been told) cousins the Norse that conqured parts of the UK and France.

Thank you Iamliz13 for your creations!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 7:14 PM
As a russian i guess you both mean ancient version of 19th century that russian were vikings. actually scandinavian warriors called vikings were employed russian princes and then they were assimilated. though, really there was a trade way from Sweden to Greece running through Russia, all we know that. you aren't right
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 8:14 PM
I'm sorry, aqqu, I'm not trying to be rude but this time I do not understand what you are trying to say. I don't know what you mean 'ancient version of the 19th century'
and I don't know what you mean 'vikings were employed russian princes and than they were assimiliated' do you mean the vikings were employed ,for whatever purpose, BY russian princes and than they (the vikings employed) were assimilated into the russian culture? It is an historical fact that beginning in the 9th century AD, Russia was ruled by Swedish vikings and much of the population was Swedish, as well as Slavic, peoples.
Historians note that in around 10th-11th century AD new characteristics immerge amongst these peoples, ones they note as particular to the first Russian peoples.
These charecteristics are forged of the characteristics of both the Slavic tribes native to Russia, and, of course, of the Swedish vikings as well, who occupy this territory with them. Other ethnic groups feature in, as is always the case.
Perhaps it is simantics, and the term "Russian Viking" that we can not agree upon.
Perhaps a more historically accurate term may be "Pre Russian Viking" since these peoples to which I refer are not, strictly speaking, Russians,but rather the people whom, mixed with Swedish Rus Viking and Slavic,populated the part of the world that is now Russia,before it was Russia. So you are right about the terminology=)
I stand by the fact that these costumes are historically accurate (within the limitations of the Sims 2 game and my own time and patience)
Instructor
#18 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 2:27 AM Last edited by Rincewind010101 : 19th Sep 2007 at 2:33 AM.
Iamliz - you're costumes are fantastic! Thank you so much! :D

aqqu - Look up an encyclopedia for goodness sake!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 5:42 AM
These are great, I like the tucked in the boot and the textures look fantastic! Thanks for your hard work and sharing. I've recently gotten into themed towns and will love this new addition. I can never find enough male themed clothing. thanks again
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 8:58 AM
Unusually for the Vikings, trade rather than plunder is the main reason for their penetration deep into Russia during the 9th century AD. The rivers of eastern Europe, flowing north and south, make it surprisingly easy for goods to travel between the Baltic and the Black Sea. By the early 9th century Viking tribes known as the Rus have a base on the site of Novgorod. Although they are not Slavs, there is justice in the Rus giving Russia her name. Their development of trade, particularly down the Dnieper (a route which becomes known as Austrvegr, or the 'Great Waterway'), lays the foundation of the Russian nation. In 800 AD the first Swedish kingdom was achieved and in succeeding centuries Swedish Vikings, originally like their Norwegian counterparts penetrated deeply into Russia, founding Kiev and reaching the Caspian and Black Seas. A Viking successor of Oleg in Kiev, two generations later, describes how this first Russian city is the centre of a triangular trade between civilized Byzantium in the south, the steppe lands in the middle, and the wild forests of the north. The rulers of Kiev in the 10th century are still Vikings. But as they settle and become more prosperous they begin to seem something new and different - Russians.
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 6:11 PM
Hi- I'm trying to recreate the clothes of my country for my Sims, but I could never find the right mesh for some of the men's outfits- looks like I've found it! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 1:02 AM
That's great! It is really funny to read it! How could i doubt? Of course you, who is living in such far countries, not me, native russian, you know russian history better than me! i'm a viking, wow great!
though i really appreciate that dress, thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 1:31 AM
If this history is wrong feel free to post the correct one if you know it!
By the way, how do you know I do not live in Russia?
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 2:52 PM
Don't be afraid Aqqu...you're not a viking.
Once, half of the Netherlands was under Roman rulership. But that doesn't make me genetically a Roman (aka Italian) descendant. Roughly spoken, often a "handful" of verry powerful conquers were able to dominate large area's...including the native inhabitants.
In most cases, their culture & dominance could spread because of joined/forced alliance with local tribes.
In this case...we only speak about the Vikings building "powerful foundations" in some area's of this huge land. 100's years ago....
Ofcourse this has little to do with today's Russia & her inhabitants. You are not...by culture or genetically....a Viking

Iamliz13...your creations are outstanding! Beautiful textures! I'm so glad you spoil us with all these realistic medieval clothing. Can't stop downloading your content :P
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 11:48 AM
Thank you so much for this mesh! I was looking for something like this for so long! I'm Russian and wanted to recreate traditional russian costumes of 8th-12th century, but didn't have a right shape! You solved my problem! You will be able to see some recolors soon.

It would be awesome if you could try to make the same thing but with long wide sleeves also...

Thanks again!
Page 1 of 2