Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hotel room service fix.

by Alexx58 Posted 22nd Sep 2007 at 2:58 AM - Updated 30th May 2008 at 12:58 AM by Alexx58

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 6:17 AM
I noticed that... and was like -where did my beakfast go??? Thanks for fixing it.

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 7:28 AM
I have not encountered that - but Id like Janitors to repair things and wash dishes in sinks instead of throwing them into the trashcan.

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 10:20 AM
Hi- Thanks for this download. I haven't encountered this yet as I have the dreaded "crashing bug" at the moment but I am sure it will fix the problem when I get the patch.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 11:01 AM
that never happen me
Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 3:08 PM
I had the food delivered that disappeared. The delivery person place the new order on top of an empty plate and the food just disappeared. Thanks for creating and sharing this mod.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 6:44 PM
I started thinking this may be intentional as the chambermaid hadn't cleaned the dirty dishes up and they were pulsating green when roomservice arrived and I was quite happy to see them disappear I didn't realize good food was disappearing too! Thanks for fixing this :D

Mene Sakkhet Urseveh
Live Long, and Prosper
Theorist
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 1:22 AM
awesome!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 6:22 PM
This did not work for me at all. I usually had the room service problem at Twikkii Beach Hotel and after the bellhop picks the tray up from under the desk the tray would then disappear. This time, the tray stays but the bellhop proceeds to set it down right at the desk as if he was in the hotel room's dining table.
I'm curious to see other people's experience with this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 2:59 AM
It work without any problems for me,and I've checked it for Twikkii Beach Hotel too.
All goes fine.Are you checked your hacks installed with HCDU,maybe possible coflicts?
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 9:35 AM
I'll try it at once! thanks so much for fixing it!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 3:03 AM
I have been testing this all afternoon. I started a clean game and the hotel clerk would take the tray out from under the desk and it would disappear. Then I put this mod in the game and he delivered it to the room. But I did reload after reload and the fix is not consistent.

Sometimes the clerk takes the food to the room, and other times he takes it out and serves it right there on the desk. If he serves it ask the checkout desk, usually the food disappears. Other times the food appears on the floor next to the desk, but if a Sim attempts to eat it, it drops from queue.

So what I am saying, is that in a clean game with only this mod in the Downloads folder, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 4:59 AM Last edited by Alexx58 : 3rd Oct 2007 at 10:44 AM.
I think that clerk still may not serve food in cases if route to your sims room is blocked,or table or other surface in your sims room occupied.Roomservice procedure contain break point line-it means that current action will may be interrupted by any other incoming instruction any time if you have'nt mod installed.
EDIT:I've removed all possible breakpoints from this procedure and post updated version,redownload.
By the way,why MATY members trying to use non-awesome hacks/mods/fixes and
then complain about it on MATY?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 12:25 AM
I will download the new version. Thank you.

In the tests, I saved the game with a Sim standing next to the phone. Each reload went back to the same point for the next test. There was a clear path from the desk to the room in all tests.

Please do not be upset that I made a request at MATY. That was NOT to say anything bad about your or any of your mods. It was because this was a FIX rather than a mod, and JMP usually does his own fixes to make sure that they work with his mods. It was just a request to make sure that what I use in my game all works together.

I think you have done some excellent mods and am using quite a few of them in my game, even though MATY doesn't support outside mods. I apologize if I hurt your feelings. It was not my intention.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 5:50 AM
Do not need apologize Magicmoon,it's ok.But I'm really think that sometimes we must be more correct and more loyal to each other.Good luck!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 11:29 AM
I'm sorry it took so long to report back. I've been trying out the latest version over the last couple of days.

I put the fix in a clean game with no other custom content, and took a family on vacation. Room service worked. I took them to every hotel in the 3 Lakes hood, and room service worked every time. I then took them home and chose a different family to go on vacation.

When the 2nd family went on vacation. Room service didn't work again. I took them to a different hotel, and it didn't work there either. I took them to every hotel in the Oriental hood and it didn't work for any of them. Remember, this is still the clean game and still the same game load, I didn't restart my game after testing the first family.

So frustrated, I left the fix in and put all of my other hacks back in the game. It's working almost every time now.

So EA has done something weird, because this fix should work every time, not just most of the time. I'm wondering if Maxis broke the code in 2 different places or something. Perhaps something doesn't load in correctly when the vacation hood loads, because that one family couldn't get the room service to work for their entire vacation, where the family before them had it working the entire time, and since I didn't reload the game in between vacations, it should have worked exactly the same.

I want to thank you for the work you have put into this, especially since EA already announced what they plan to put in the patch, and this isn't on the list.

*When I say 'didn't work' I mean that the bellhop served the food on the check-in desk instead of taking it to the room.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 6:44 PM
Ok.Thank you very much Magicmoon for testing it.I think the bug is not in this procedure only and may be linked to sub procedures of this BHAV and maybe need to check it too.And I think also you right about vacation hoods.Something not work properly on vacation lots.
I had jump reset issues with double beds in diff. hotels.Interesting also to know something about bugs on custom vacation lots.(have not yet)
About EAxis patches - since OFB I have not any patches installed and even don't want try to install any patches in future.I"m prefer to use fixes and mods instead.
Instructor
#18 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 12:50 PM
Hmm... I think the roomservice doesn't work because every door is locked from the start. If you unlock the door the roomservice works. But the problem is then that alot of other sims will occupy your room, bathroom, etc..
Another problemis that the maids can't come into rooms for service, just standig outside yelling...

/Lisen
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 1:32 AM
Thank you! This also keeps happening with my restaurant business. My customers get angry at me. It's some sort of hat-trick I guess. lol

Space Pony
#20 Old 10th May 2008 at 11:45 PM
I'm having the same problem as magicmoon. Absolutely zero custom content & room Service works as it should. Adding in some mods & it breaks. I have searched & searched for the problem & I believe it must be some sub-routine from another mod that changes the state of the door. If I unlock the door, Room Service works, but then I have to fight off the nonplayables. Lock the door & the tray simply disappears as soon as it's pulled out from under the desk. I've got all Eps & SPs 7 patches installed up to & including FT & the FT patch (the one that was removed).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 4:09 PM
could you make a mod so that the cleaning lady acctuallyy cleans and not just make the bed? maby even repair?