Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Larger Households -- up to 50 family members *UPD 04oct2008*

by 5th LMNt Posted 28th Sep 2007 at 2:21 AM - Updated 11th Dec 2009 at 10:52 PM by 5th LMNt : Sims 3

471 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 402 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 19
#2 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 2:35 AM
This is WONDERFUL!!!!
Thanks!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 2:49 AM
WoW!!! Many thanks! I very much waited it! I am impatient to look how it works with Bon Voyage (Some time will be necessary probably for me. Lol )

«Kindness - quality, which surplus does not harm».
John Golsuorsi.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
Dorothea Lange
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 2:59 AM
Yes, I love this and all but I have cheated to tried this and it slows down your game ALOT. So yea but it could work for movies and stories. I just think I will take it slow since I can't play my game till the patch comes out. Thanks.

Crazzy for The Sims 2!!! Woo Haa Hee!!! Told you...
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 3:04 AM
The reason the game slows is 'cause of the amount of sims. I'm hoping this works better than Jordi's with Seasons and beyond (once I get BV that is), although the reason I liked the unlimited option was for summoning/making selectable large amounts of sims for stories and contests, for things like big wedding parties, although I'm pretty sure 30 would cover it - Squinge's certainly wouldn't

I'll give this a go, thanks

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 3:33 AM
Now thats just nifty. Although I'm fairly sure my compy would try and kill me for having that large of a family, its a spiffy option ^^
Scholar
#7 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 3:38 AM
Wow That Will Be Good For My Zombie Hood Thanks!!
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 3:48 AM
Thank you so much. In the days to come, I'll try to tell you if I have any problems.

Cheers in three.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sadie79
The reason the game slows is 'cause of the amount of sims.

Yes, this game is a major resource hog. Although since I upgraded my computer, I don't have any problems with a lot of sims anymore :D

I'm also very interested to know how it does in Seasons and Bon Voyage, so anybody who's able to test it out, please let me know how it goes.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 5:24 AM
That is awesome. Insane, but awesome. When I get my computer so that it doesn't have a problem with a family of eight, I might try this, because it would be so much easier for some of my families, if I didn't have to wait until the kids went off to college to have more kids. In my little neighborhood that I don't have to share with my sister, I have two families with maxed out kids, and one that will soon enough. I have several others that willand I have a couple families in the main neighborhood that my sister and I share, that keep having to put expansion on hold until someone ages. I have one sim who really wants her puppy, but can't adopt him until her older sister moves out. And then I have to get her puppy on the lot. I look foward to the chance to test this. But first memory expansions.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 5:27 AM
Thank You, I was so lost with out Jordis and can now be happy again.
Alchemist
#12 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 6:37 AM
Wow. This is so amazing. I hope nobody will go crazy trying to play with 50 sims and pets in one household in their games.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 7:52 AM
This is great! Ill try it once Ive got a new computer, or else itll implode :P

Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am whole again.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 8:23 AM
Great! Anyone know if it works for BV?
Scholar
#15 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 8:43 AM
Oh, I'd love to try this out but my computer really can't handle more than 13 sims.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 9:08 AM
Thanks it's great !
but where I put the file ? In downloads folder ?
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 12:23 PM
Just to let you know, i have tried this in my game which has all ep upto and including BV and the hack doesn't work, it just throws up a lot of error messages.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dentedtrain
Just to let you know, i have tried this in my game which has all ep upto and including BV and the hack doesn't work, it just throws up a lot of error messages.

I had to take out my old "More Family Members" when I installed BV because it made my Simmies fly through the air when they were going to woohoo. (I thought it was a new craze-lol) After doing a lot of testing, I found it was the more family members. I noticed there is not a BV icon on this one, so I would reckon, it would also create problems.

Thank you for your effort though and I am sure all those without BV will love this.

Kindest Regards,
TickleYu :lovestruc

CRUNCH*A*TIZE ME CAP'N!
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 1:09 PM
Merci boque, It had been boring to me (can't make lots of relatives) It'll fix it But I wonder, is it making game slower? And what about Family Snapshots? :D
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 1:13 PM
Yesssssssssss!!! thanks:*

*Make some noise people* *SchranZ and t3cHno*
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 2:17 PM
I had to ask :
In CAS can we create more than 8 sims and 4 pets and how will that look when we accept the family and as we go to the neighborhood,there's the family picture with the blue background and the squares, will it be glitchy,and if there are more sims will they not show up in the picture?No doubt about being able to have more SELECTABLE sims on the lot,but actually having them in your family as fully controlable sims that belong to the family,isn't that gonna create a crazy glitch?!
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 2:40 PM
Could it possibly be made BV- compatible? Being limited to 8 sucks.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 3:09 PM
Would love to have this made BV-compatible to. It sounds awsome.

:)
Field Researcher
#24 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 3:18 PM Last edited by Silky-M : 28th Sep 2007 at 3:18 PM. Reason: adding a bit more information
Here's a serious question. What kind of system (minimum) do I need to hold out for when I start my serious Bambi-Eye campaign to upgrade what I have now? I'm not hardware-wise. What I have now slows way down with the big houses & big families. Obviously, once you're a good player and you know what you're doing with your preferred cheats ;-) you need the bigger families and 'hoods to keep things interesting and keep your genetic programs going.

Also if I'm going to have the big families I'd love to just get rid of all the stupid Maxis NPCs. Get rid of them. Have my own people fill those jobs. I'd rather have a Lord Woot as the maid anyway. He's the best Sweeper I know. I don't just want to substitute prettier faces--I want MY Sims in those positions, across the board.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 3:48 PM
I really can use this Hack. I love to have allot of pets arround me in the Sims game. thank you for sharing :D

Visit Happy Sims Shoppe for Free Sims 2 Downloads.
Page 1 of 19