Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 10:27 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets
Default Erasing sims (I don't want them anymore!)
First, thanks for all those wonderful creations you simmers do and the help you've given me
Now, onto my problem: I've created A LOT of sims. Now, I have no more room for them and I don't feel like making a neighborhood for them, I made 1 or 2 and its hard enough managing those sims lives, let alone my self-sim. Anyway, was wondering is there a fast way to erase them all. NOT DELETE. You can delete them from the game, however, a copy of them will remain somewhere (I think its C:\myDocuments\EAgames\Sims and the neighborhood that particular sim is in).
The only way I found to truly erase sims is to go through your recently modfied folders in C:\MyDocs\EAgames\Sims and the neighborhood you put new sims in (i.e. 001: Pleasantville, 002: Strangetown, etc.), find the .jpg of sim you created, and delete.
With me so far?...Okay, as I mentioned, I did a lot of creating. Problem: Forgot to erase the sims after they were accepted. Now I have at least 50-100 in a file somewhere wasting space. I have space and lots of it. But I want to get rid of the lot 'em because A) there wasting space, B) don't plan on using them and C) its driving the neat-freak side of me nuts.
I can do a search and find them individually, but is there a faster way to delete them all, barring the reinstall my entire Sims2 collection scenario?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 6:13 PM
If you only have a few sims you want to keep, you could recreate the neighbourhood and move them over according to this FAQ: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...elp:Moving_Sims
Then delete the old neighbourhood altogether.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 7:13 PM
'kay, thanks! I'll give it a shot.
Theorist
#4 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 7:37 PM
What whiterider suggests is the best way, because completely erasing Sims is not easy.
You have to use SimPE, because the Neighborhood has memories and character files for every Sim, even when you create one in CAS and delete it from the bin immediately without ever having put them in a house.

The only way to completely erase the Sim is to use SimPE, go to Neighborhood memories and delete ALL their memories and any memory that involves them from other Sims. Then go to Sim Description and make note of the filename of the character file. Then delete their Sim Description record. Finally, you can delete the character file. It's a lot of trouble if you have more than a couple.

Resident wet blanket.