Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

2 newspaper delivery hacks *No more & Realism*

by smithycpl Posted 25th Oct 2007 at 12:31 AM - Updated 27th Oct 2007 at 2:54 PM by smithycpl : added cheaper version

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 12:42 AM
Thank so much for creating these hacks Smithy! I will use the no delivery one as I hate all those darn newspapers laying around. I also hardly ever use them because the computer is so much handier. Thanks for creating and sharing your hard work.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 12:51 AM
What a neat hack!

Of course for even more realism you should have to hunt for your newspaper, and the paper carrier should lose your payment and then blame you, and the paper should regularly become unusuable from being soaked in puddles or doggy-doo. Soemtimes it should even be on the roof.

Then when they read it, the Sims should have at least a 50% chance of become enraged by the contents, especially when elections are coming up. XD Oh well, maybe there is such a thing as too much realism. ;-)

Good job Smithy!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 12:51 AM
yay, finally -- i've wanted this for a while, the newspaper delivering is ANNOYING
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 1:31 AM
Cool Hack! I Like The Pay One! Very Realistic! Thanks Smithy!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 1:51 AM
Very useful! What happens if the playable sims have no money when the newspaper is delivered?
Scholar
#7 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 2:10 AM
Thank you smithy! This is soo cool! Can never have too much realism in a game.

Keep up the amazing work! Thankies =]
Scholar
#8 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 4:05 AM
No delivery beats recycling any day! My sims never read it anyway!

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 5:22 AM
This is awesome, my sims never really read the news paper so they just become annoying to recycle. now... if only there was a way to get ride of bills. Thanks so much for this!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 7:43 AM
Can you make a hack that make nanny no longer required when there are baby or toddler in the household too? Nanny is completely useless; they always mess up my house. And I have other hacks to fulfill needs for my children anyway.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Timin2101
Can you make a hack that make nanny no longer required when there are baby or toddler in the household too? Nanny is completely useless; they always mess up my house. And I have other hacks to fulfill needs for my children anyway.

Just don't hire the nanny. If you have already hired her, then cancel it via the phone.

Anyhow, on to the hack-§6 for a newspaper? Seems pretty expensive to me. I like the idea of paying for the paper but think §2 would be more realistic. I like the paper being delivered, my sims use it for compost.

Quote: Originally posted by Gen0va
What happens if the playable sims have no money when the newspaper is delivered?

I'd also like to know this.
Instructor
#12 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 8:53 AM
Thanks, it is very good to have several alternatives. I change my game-play very often.
Do you know if there's already a hack to stop the maildelivery? I mean, I want the bills but not the npc. The bills could be simply teleported to the mailbox (or computer).
I use Simwardrobe bills payer.
Thanks.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 11:20 AM
That's really useful, thanks, thanks, thanks!!!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 11:34 AM
thanks for this I've never had the paper delivered in RL so it annoys me having to take care of the paper when I don't use it in my game - good job!
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 11:59 AM
i like to get the newspaper...but i also like the idea that my simmies have to pay for it. great hack! thank u!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#16 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 12:11 PM
I wish real life *was* like this hack. We get about 4 huge fat free newspapers a week, and there is no way of stopping them. No wonder we have a problem with waste disposal and the environment in this country!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#17 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 12:31 PM
As I live in the country where you pay for everything, and I do mean *everything*, so should my sims. Bwaha.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 2:29 PM
Thank you all, enjoy your games!

Quote: Originally posted by Gen0va
Very useful! What happens if the playable sims have no money when the newspaper is delivered?

Very good question!
I didn't test this yet, but i think the newspaper will just be delivered but you will get that one for free.
I didn't include the part where it would say not enough funds for this one.
I will test it after this post, to be sure!

Quote: Originally posted by Timin2101

So basically you want a hack where your sims could leave house without having to call the nanny service at all, is that it?

Quote: Originally posted by MadSimAddict
Anyhow, on to the hack-§6 for a newspaper? Seems pretty expensive to me. I like the idea of paying for the paper but think §2 would be more realistic. I like the paper being delivered, my sims use it for compost.

That is not so hard to alter, i can add one for §2.

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I wish real life *was* like this hack. We get about 4 huge fat free newspapers a week, and there is no way of stopping them. No wonder we have a problem with waste disposal and the environment in this country!

Oh Inge i know just what you mean, it's so anoying.
We get also so many useless commercial papers, we have to buy a sticker to stick to our mailbox to stop them from beying delivered. Does that stop them? No!
We even get a paper here to support the homeless in our country and guess what you find the most in the commercials part... Yeah real estate! :D

Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
As I live in the country where you pay for everything, and I do mean *everything*, so should my sims. Bwaha.

So you live on planet Earth? LOL
Everything costs money, even things that are so called free.

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 3:15 PM Last edited by Haunt : 25th Oct 2007 at 3:16 PM. Reason: I can't write today
Thank-you I was so sick of my medeval(sp) sims haveing a weirdo in a yellow outfit deliver a papper that 90% of them can't read.
Alchemist
#20 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 3:57 PM
You got the point once more! Good job, thank you and ciao (and ... waiting for some pics with the llama man advertising your stuff!)
Field Researcher
#21 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 4:39 PM
It's too easy to earn money in this game as it is, so hacks that makes living more expensive for my sims are always welcome! Thank you, I will defenitely try this one!

My 100% free site Carnaby Sims
Instructor
#22 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 5:18 PM
That'S such a great hack!
Even if I like to torture the mailman... Erm, To reet him lol!
Thanks!

Visit Sims 2 World sometimes if you like.
Test Subject
#23 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 7:13 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! Everytime that blasted newspaper is delivered a little part of me dies inside. I'm so glad I don't have to put up with this anymore!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 8:03 PM
Thank you so much for this. I hate that time of day when the paperboy came around because it always lags my game. I also hated how random people that walked by the house would just pick up the newspaper, read it, then put it down & walk away. I mean, who does that in real life?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smithycpl
So basically you want a hack where your sims could leave house without having to call the nanny service at all, is that it?

Yes, that's what I want.
Page 1 of 2