Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Mix and Match Defaults!- 15 'Keen Eye' Binned and Townie Friendly Eyes! Set#2

by Phaenoh Posted 25th Oct 2007 at 5:47 AM - Updated 1st Jan 2012 at 7:35 PM by Phaenoh

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 8:07 PM
Just commented on your last set to find that you've uploaded a new one! Argh! Now there's too many choices. I love the mulberry one, and hunter. I think I'll use the blues from the first set with them. Love your work, as always. xxx
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 8:16 PM
You could put them into groups and rotate them every week or so, that way you get to take advantage of all your favorite colors!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 9:17 PM
Cool very

More Power !!!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 9:35 PM
:O:O Olive is so close to my boyfriend's eye colour that I love you!
Oh boy I'm so excited *wiggle*

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 9:38 PM
PS-> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...Me/aug18010.jpg

retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 10:17 PM
Snap, dont give me pictures of real eyes, thats so hard to work from! (My eye sets dont have all the fleckles of different colors, MUCH harder to do.) That looks like a very gray blue, am I right? I'll try it.

Countdown: 1 request in, 14 still open
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 10:29 PM
Yes, very grey blue. It was just a colour request, nothing fancy, cuz I don't like realisitc eyes on my sims anyway. It's just hard for me to find anything that looks like my eyes, that's all.

retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 10:40 PM
I understood, my point was there are so many different colors in eyes, which one was I supposed to try to match? Thats why I was hoping I'd get clipart or squares done in paint saying the color of the frogs leg, or something. Blatantly obvious colors. Yours is fine though, I'll try as best I can to pick a blue gray in there.
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 12:04 AM
yay the amethyst! it's my birthstone _and_ my favorite color :D

you're the best!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 9:26 AM
Verdigris is my eye colour! =O Well close to it. *downloads the set* Sorry I can't get the defaults I already have some eyes but i'll get them as custom eye colours. Thank yew! Now I can make a sim me. :P

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 6:18 PM Last edited by cannabeans : 26th Oct 2007 at 6:31 PM.
This is complete awesomesauce! I love it.
Can I make a few requests? I have two, tell me what you think of them.

First I need a green/gray/brown eye for one of my sims. Would it be possible to make a blend of "Cocoa" and "Pine" as a new eye-color?

And secondly there's this lyransims eye-color that I really like, but since I like the concept of your eyes better, I was wondering if you can make a new eye-color based off of this one? (the far left eye)
http://www.lyran.net/ts2/genimages/softgreenmulti.jpg

Thanks!!!

EDIT: Oooh! Maybe you could make a Pink eye and a Red eye for our abnormal sims!
And maybe a pair of eyes that are two different colors, like a green eye and a blue eye! I don't think anyone has done that before. Just some ideas. ^_^
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 8:01 PM
About eyes being two different colors, its not possible, there is one image and the game duplicates it for the second eye.

Countdown: 5 requests in, 10 open
Blue-gray, Green-Gray-Brown, Light Gold, Pink, and Red

Keep the request colors coming people!
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 5:05 AM
Lol, I didn't know that. ^_^

Hey, maybe you can make a light gray blue eye too to go with the dark one, that would be like my little brothers eye. Okay, I'll stop requesting now so others can have a chance. :P
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 5:40 AM
No one else seems to be requesting, if I don't hit 15 I might not make another set. You'd do better just to spam me with requests, its not first-come-first-serve, so others can still get their colors requested, but I do need to get to at least 15.

I think I already did a light gray blue, go check on my first set. If that wasn't what you meant, get me a link to a picture.
Instructor
#16 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 9:21 AM
Can I request for a green-light blue mix, and a black color
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 1:54 PM
Countdown: 7 requests in, 8 open
Blue-gray, Green-Gray-Brown, Light Gold, Pink, Red, Green-Light Blue, and Black.

Almost halfway there people! Let's get there!
Instructor
#18 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 1:48 AM Last edited by samantha45455 : 1st Nov 2007 at 6:30 AM.
I would like:

http://i7.tinypic.com/67y7imw.jpg

Something like "sophomore", "meadow" and "Honey"

http://www.lyran.net/ts2/genimages/purplemultieyes.jpg

the one on the right
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 12:33 AM
Can I still make a request?

If so, I'd like something greenish-blue with a sort of...transparency to them.

Thanks!

I have done plenty of stupid things in the past. I have the scars -physical and emotional- to prove it. Do I have regrets? No. If anything, I'm proud to have these scars, as trophies of life experience I've gained, and to say, 'Hey, I survived. You can too.'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 1:17 AM
Samantha, are you asking for three separate eyes in those colors, or one eye that blends them all (not even sure what color that would be)

Pickles, YES! I'm still taking requests! I'll post when I've stopped taking them. If Samantha's requests are three separate ones, we are only at 12. Still need 3 more!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 2:21 AM
Yay!

BTW, I LOVE your eye colors!

I have done plenty of stupid things in the past. I have the scars -physical and emotional- to prove it. Do I have regrets? No. If anything, I'm proud to have these scars, as trophies of life experience I've gained, and to say, 'Hey, I survived. You can too.'
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 2:43 AM
Would you happen to have any tips on making more ‘real’ eyes for an ameteur creator?

See, at first I was just using Photoshop, but the results always looked…fake, like this:

Then I downloaded Gimp and used that AND Photoshop, and the results came out much better:

But I can’t get them to look ‘really real’! Any suggestions?

retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 3:54 AM
Well, I only use photoshop, it just depends on how you use it. Shh, don't tell anyone, but all of these eyes are shooped from the Maxis eyes, I shrank them, grabbed the shine off them, played with the colors, sharpened them, then put the shine back on them! Its all in how you use your tools! Your eyes look like marbles, or doll eyes. They are too shiny, sadly, try making them flatter and more pixelated, actually. You have the problem of making it look TOO smooth, too good. Real eyes, or eyes that look good in game, aren't that perfect, making them look wonderful! Keep trying, you'll get there!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 6:13 PM
Thank you!

Instructor
#25 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 8:01 AM
i must say i love your eyes...sadly i like the "big" eyes of maxis but one has to choose the lesser evil right
its wonderful that you havent overlooked the BROWN colouring, most custom i have tried before gives a ton of blues a couple of green and grey and a maximum of two (!) brown. R e a l l y ?? Thank you! for being creative and sane.
on a side note..what compelled you to set blue and green as a dominant???(set 1) not fair..i had to take them out sob sob
keep up the great work
and by the way..u dont think u might do some bigger ones?? and also more browns? (yes i like brown eyes) maybee? some like runs in my family (genetic flaw i think) light blue bottom (like cerulean or maybee azure, but a little greyer) and dark brown speckles (rather big dotty things) in them, and yes they are brown cause they produced an completely browneyed son (copy of the father otherwise no mistake there) in combination with a blue blue mother. i know you said you dont do mixes and maybee it would look completely nutty in the game, im not an artist i wouldnt know.
by the way. my favorite is chestnut but i think i would like a lighter version, sort of ember? Not yellow or orange,,,but a more lighter, orangeish brown?
Page 1 of 2