Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Surfer Career Track (EP Ready) *UPDATED 10/05/08*

by scorfula Posted 4th Nov 2007 at 9:57 AM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 5:50 PM by whiterider

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 12:50 PM
Thank you very much for working out this sportive lifestyle job.
It seems to be very interesting and funny.
I will try it in my game, but I need a bit time for playing the whole career.
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 12:52 PM
This is absolutely gorgeous - I've never downloaded a custom career but I think I'll make an exception with this one. Very nice, and it'll fit in gorgeously with my new Bon Voyage + Teen style surfer sims!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 1:29 PM Last edited by psychosim0 : 5th Nov 2007 at 1:52 PM.
Great, a big THANK YOU! Finally the perfect career for my beach boys. I think they will keep with their band, but well, they're not that successful yet... A little extra money won't do any harm so they can pay the bills for their beach house.

It's also possible to make your sims go to work in their everyday cloth, or even swim wear? SassyTeffie did this here stay-at-home-career

I already have Blakes surfboard and don't want it twice... If I just download the career, will the game use the original surfboard as reward, will there be just no reward or will the game crash?
Scholar
#5 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 1:39 PM
Wow....I never used custom careers before, but this one is too good. Thank you so much for creating and sharing!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 2:09 PM Last edited by scorfula : 5th Nov 2007 at 6:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by psychosim0
Great, a big THANK YOU! Finally the perfect career for my beach boys. I think they will keep with their band, but well, they're not that successful yet... A little extra money won't do any harm so they can pay the bills for their beach house.

It's also possible to make your sims go to work in their everyday cloth, or even swim wear? SassyTeffie did this here stay-at-home-career

I already have Blakes surfboard and don't want it twice... If I just download the career, will the game use the original surfboard as reward, will there be just no reward or will the game crash?

Your sims will go to work in everyday clothing until they reach the beginner surfer level, every level after that uses the captain hero outfit. It's not ideal I know.

As for the career reward, the surfboard is included in the zip with the added tag 'careerreward' it's modified so it won't show up in the catalogue and is linked as the career reward. You will need to place it in your downloads folder with the career package for the reward to show up. I don't know what the result will be if you do not include it. I assume the career reward will fail to show up and that would be all.

Thanks for the thanks everyone
Forum Resident
#7 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 2:13 PM
thats a good job for xigbar from KH2

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Instructor
#8 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 3:24 PM
Wow! What a fun career! It looks like you put lots of time and creativity into designing it. Can't wait to try it out!
Alchemist
#9 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 3:49 PM
Thank you so much for this lovely and "happy life" style new career!
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 9:42 PM
really cool career!!!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 12:49 AM
I'm a surfer and I have to say for the first time ever I think I might stay home for a full day to play the sims and teach them all the tricks of the trade lol. Nice job!
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 2:58 AM
Great career! Thanks for coming up with something new for our Sims to work at! :D

You can find my lots and other creations on TSR.
Proud member of TSRAA and S2HBAA. :)
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 1:05 AM
A great Mod, I'm really enjoying this one, but I think I've discovered a glitch in one of the chance cards. It's the pro-surfer level and the card rewarded me $3000 for going with the small company, except that my bank account jumped $3,000,000. Whoops!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 3:23 AM
At first glance "Surfer Career" didn't seem very promising, but after reading it over I like it a lot! Very well thought out and written.
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 10:46 PM
You effin' rock...& premium on the career descriptions.thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by laughingnome
A great Mod, I'm really enjoying this one, but I think I've discovered a glitch in one of the chance cards. It's the pro-surfer level and the card rewarded me $3000 for going with the small company, except that my bank account jumped $3,000,000. Whoops!

Regarding this error, I'm afraid I still have no idea how to fix it. It definitely reads as 3000 in SimPE, and since this is my first time using SimPE...Well I'm baffled. If anyone knows how to fix it, I'd be glad to remedy the error and re-upload the career.

I apologise to you, and anyone else who has experienced this error.
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 8:58 PM
can u lose your job from the chance cards?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simplayaj
can u lose your job from the chance cards?

Yes, but only at the second level.
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 6:27 PM
will it replace any careers?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by creekerxcore
will it replace any careers?

It shouldn't. It certainly won't replace maxis careers.

There is a chance that it will replace the career I used as a base (I can't remember if it will, or what the career was, I think Social Worker.) If this happens, simply remove it and let me know.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scorfula
...Well I'm baffled. If anyone knows how to fix it, I'd be glad to remedy the error and re-upload the career.

I can't remember the Exact solution to this problem, but I do recall that it was related to decimal points...so, if it is working out that 3000 entered pays out at 3,000,000 logic serves that if you replace the "3000" with "3" in SimPE it should work out correctly.

Btw...really nicely made career!

T

~It takes a village to raise an idiot...~
Inventor
#22 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 11:54 PM
Wow! A surfer career! Now that's something I can really use. Thanks.

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th May 2008 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Talismana
I can't remember the Exact solution to this problem, but I do recall that it was related to decimal points...so, if it is working out that 3000 entered pays out at 3,000,000 logic serves that if you replace the "3000" with "3" in SimPE it should work out correctly.

Btw...really nicely made career!

Heeeeey thanks! I finally got back into the Sims and thought it was about time I figured out how to fix this up...Well thanks to you, I've managed it!
Scholar
#24 Old 11th May 2008 at 8:22 AM
A needful update! I think one more update (with cool surfer suits) will follow?!?

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th May 2008 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by larsson1970
A needful update! I think one more update (with cool surfer suits) will follow?!?

I would love to include custom outfits, if only someone who knew what they were doing would volunteer to create some, or modify the Maxis wetsuit to make it look more realistic. I have no idea how to go about that myself and would probably only make a mess of it.

If I could do that, I would consider this career well and truly finished and move on to my next one
Page 1 of 2