Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vacation jewelry made available in CAS

by Atreya Posted 12th Nov 2007 at 10:22 PM - Updated 14th Dec 2007 at 4:58 PM by Atreya : added warning for collectible jewelry

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 10:28 PM
so great! THANkS! ;D

Visit Sims 2 World sometimes if you like.
Instructor
#3 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 11:36 PM
Couldn't wait for this to be done,thank you so much!!!

Also keep paysites free by supporting PSMBD!
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 12:05 AM
Cool! Thanks so much.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 1:01 AM
Bravo!

I've been looking for something like this forever.

Thankyou!

++ I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad++
+++ The dreams in which im dying are the best I've ever had +++
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 3:03 AM
I think you only find jewelry when you are beach combing, shell earrings and colored glass necklaces, in all my digging I have never discovered jewelry, just sifting sand

Thanks for this by the by
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 5:20 PM
Wow, just these last few days I've been really wanting this, perfect timing lol

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Field Researcher
#8 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheCrymsonWolf
I think you only find jewelry when you are beach combing, shell earrings and colored glass necklaces, in all my digging I have never discovered jewelry, just sifting sand

Thanks for this by the by

I think you're right Wolf...you only find jewelry at the beach, (on the special beach portion of a beach lot), not digging for treasure (on regular soil). I have discovered jewelry at the beach & it's pretty cool. While digging for treasure, on the other hand, I mostly get rocks & bones...I have yet to get the treasure chest!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Theorist
#9 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 2:06 AM
Thank you thank you thank you Ive wanted this for so long!!
Now does the collectible file also include all the other bon voyage vacation jewelry or do I need to download both files?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 5:38 PM
the collectible file only includes the collectible jewelry and the other file only includes the vacation jewelry. So if you want both in your game you need both files.
Instructor
#11 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 11:48 AM
Thanks! However, there is a problem with the collectible jewelry file. With this file on, my game crashes everytime my sims find something when they comb for seashells. What could be the problem?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 7:21 PM
The game is trying to find jewelry that can by found on the beach. But i changed that jewelry so it's available in CAS. So the game is looking for something that isn't there anymore. I'm afraid you have to take it out to make the comb for seashells work again. Thanks for testing this.
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 2:18 PM
I'm sorry for asking this, but if you can, please, take a small request ... I've been trying hard to create this and still with no results ... maybe I'm just that dumb ... will you please try and create a hack to increase the value of tips given to instrument players (up to 1000)? Believe me, I've given up after four weeks, and this is my last option ... Please help me! I will be extremely greatful to you, from now on!!!

"Mommy, mommy, mommy !!!
Look at your son ... You might have loved me,
But now I've got a gun ... You better stay out ...
Of my way!!
Oh, mommy I think I've had a bad day!!!"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cliff_the_bass_master
I'm sorry for asking this, but if you can, please, take a small request ... I've been trying hard to create this and still with no results ... maybe I'm just that dumb ... will you please try and create a hack to increase the value of tips given to instrument players (up to 1000)? Believe me, I've given up after four weeks, and this is my last option ... Please help me! I will be extremely greatful to you, from now on!!!

I'm sorry but i have no idea how to do that. The only 'hacks' I've made hide clothing, hair, accesories or make them visible. I suggest you make your request to someone who already made a hack that modifies game behaviour.
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 7:56 PM
Ok ... thanks anyway!

"Mommy, mommy, mommy !!!
Look at your son ... You might have loved me,
But now I've got a gun ... You better stay out ...
Of my way!!
Oh, mommy I think I've had a bad day!!!"
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by samantha45455
Thanks! However, there is a problem with the collectible jewelry file. With this file on, my game crashes everytime my sims find something when they comb for seashells. What could be the problem?

The exact same thing happens to me too!

Party hard
Rock n' Roll
We're the class you can't control
Sexy ladies
Pimpin' men
We're the class of 20-10
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 4:49 PM
i'm afraid it's a problem with the collectible jewelryfile. the game is trying to use collectible jewelry but since it's now available in CAS, it's not collectible anymore. And because there are no collectibles to be found, the game crashes.
Unfortunately i don't know how to fix this. I'm afraid you have to take out the collectible file to make it work again.

I'll update the first post to let people know. Thanks for the feedback and sorry i can't offer a proper solution.
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Atreya
i'm afraid it's a problem with the collectible jewelryfile. the game is trying to use collectible jewelry but since it's now available in CAS, it's not collectible anymore. And because there are no collectibles to be found, the game crashes.
Unfortunately i don't know how to fix this. I'm afraid you have to take out the collectible file to make it work again.

I'll update the first post to let people know. Thanks for the feedback and sorry i can't offer a proper solution.

I tried buying all of the jewlery for my Adult sims, and all that
they found were sea shells! But then, I tried making the children shift through the sand, and my game crashed. I'm really sorry that I have to take the collectable file out, as it stopped my game from lagging when my Adult sims found only shells.
Isn't there any way to stop my game from being such a Searching Fruitloop?
Curse you EAxis!

Great mod, by the way, Atreya!

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey. ~Kenji Miyazawa
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimi52861
I think you're right Wolf...you only find jewelry at the beach, (on the special beach portion of a beach lot), not digging for treasure (on regular soil). I have discovered jewelry at the beach & it's pretty cool. While digging for treasure, on the other hand, I mostly get rocks & bones...I have yet to get the treasure chest!

I hope you haven't run into the water pipe that your sims can burst!!!

Printed Notice:
NOTICE: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice isn't actually worth noticing
Red Sign:
SIGN NOT IN USE
Field Researcher
#20 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 8:49 PM
Thank you very much! I had always wondered why they only made like 4 of them available in CAS.
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 12:40 PM
Thanks for this! I was disappointed by the normal jewellery available on CAS ><

NYANYANYANYANYANYANYANYAN.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 9:58 AM
Great! Thank you very much!

Alia vel Margierytka
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 31st May 2011 at 1:11 AM
im not a very sim hack savvy but cant u copy the files so you can put them in both cas and the place that the game is searching?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 2:00 PM
Thanks for this!
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 12:15 PM
I downloaded this awhile ago, but it made my game crash when my sims tries to comb for seashells. I deleted it from my folder, but the vacation jewellery still shows up in CAS and my game still crashes. Can anyone help?
Page 1 of 2