Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Mix and Match Defaults!- 15 'Keen Eye' Binned and Townie Friendly Eyes! Set#3

by Phaenoh Posted 17th Nov 2007 at 5:11 PM - Updated 1st Jan 2012 at 7:33 PM by Phaenoh

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 6:22 PM
Wonderful. I'm glad they're townie-friendly, too. And the colours! Something for everyone.

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Instructor
#3 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 11:06 PM Last edited by samantha45455 : 21st Nov 2007 at 10:45 AM.
Gee, thanks for these eyes. I loved how you did Oynx and Wheatgrass, but everything is stunning.

BTW, Yes, you got the colors I requested right, and you did it well.
Instructor
#4 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 6:40 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 1st Mar 2008 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
whoever asked for "varnish" yay!b e a u t i f u l.
Phae, i love amber...its better then i imagined actually...my fear is ill fill my neighbourhood with amber eyes, and maybee varnish...but i will try to use the other wonderful eyes. kelp and wheatgrass are some good contestants along with waterfowl and (oh my god! a blue! eye...me?!) cornflower!

These sets are marvellous, thank you for the work you put in! :D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 2:56 PM
OMG!!!! These look really nice! Now I don't have to stick with basic colours. Would be good for my beast sims, or enchanted ones. Thank yew very much! :D

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 8:52 PM
Wow, these are so gorgeous! I love how you did the blended ones.

Now I have all three sets. Yay!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 5:37 AM
When you said 'Townie Friendly', I didn't know that meant 'Townie Takeover' - every Townie that has been generated since installing these eyes has had them. And mostly the colours I didn't like, like Crystal. I realised after I installed them that they were a little too small for my taste, as are most custom eyes, but by that time they were already rampant in Townie genes. Please tell me, if I delete them, will the Townies adopt original Maxis eye colours?

PS: These are very lovely, and I love the colours, but they're not for me. I might use BodyShop to use the colours for recolours of the Maxis size (without uploading them of course).

I have the right to act my shoe size.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 6:06 AM
Well, they are set just like the maxis eyes, so assuming you installed all three sets, you just rigged your odds for new townies eyes to be 45 mine to 5 Maxis. So, yes, its more than likely that they will 'takeover' your game. About the colors you don't like, thats ... odd. I set the genetics so that it shouldn't happen like that, all the weird colors are super-recessive. At any rate, the 'bad' colors WILL breed out. I'm very surprised that the game chose the least dominant colors to fill your game with. I'm sorry you didn't like the size of them, but that is my favorite part of them, so we are just at a difference in base opinion. From what I've read about sim genetics, each townie should have another 'recessive' eye color on which they can fall back on should you take custom ones out. If not, I don't think the game would let them walk around without eyeballs, and should supply them with some. I think you will be alright to remove them. Better luck next time!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 12:11 PM
Thank-you for the reply - I took them out and all the Townies reverted to brown eyes. It doesn't matter too much though, because this was all in my Movie-Making neighbourhood, which kind of acts as my downloads testing neighbourhood, so they weren't Townies I actually wanted or anything. These are good eyes though, and I really like the colours, but they're simply not what I'm looking for. Thank-you for being so understanding.

I have the right to act my shoe size.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 10:24 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 1st Mar 2008 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
THANK YOU! These colors are SO beautiful! Thanks for taking my request! I love these colors!!!!!!!! :lovestruc

I have done plenty of stupid things in the past. I have the scars -physical and emotional- to prove it. Do I have regrets? No. If anything, I'm proud to have these scars, as trophies of life experience I've gained, and to say, 'Hey, I survived. You can too.'
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd Dec 2007 at 2:44 AM
Wow, I love these! I don't like it when the eyes look too realistic or "shiny" (for lack of a better word) so these are great! Thank you for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 1:53 PM
I love these eyes too! I'm not a fan of realistic eyes or skin.These eyes are just perfect. Awesome colors! Thanks a bunch!
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 10:41 PM
I think your eyes looks very good, but there are 8 choices for brown deafalts and 7 for grey, but only a purple for dark blue. I havn't seen anyone with purple eyes...
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Suddipennan
I think your eyes looks very good, but there are 8 choices for brown deafalts and 7 for grey, but only a purple for dark blue. I havn't seen anyone with purple eyes...
You are very observant. Set #3 (this thread) was made to fill out the brown and gray options. It is meant to work in conjunction with Set #1 (blues) and Set #2 (greens). Look in those threads for more color options. Also, the purple as a default is for people who wanted purple as a default color. As they are all mix and match, you use the colors you want and don't use the colors that don't make sense to you. Thanks for checking them out!
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 3:39 PM
Oh, I missed the other eyes. I got another set of deufalts, but I will absolutly use some off your eyes. I actully liked these eyes set better than your other ones.
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 8:52 PM
Do you think that you could do eyes colored lavender or silver? I love your meshes! And these eyes are perfect! All three sets fit my characters perfectly!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 1:10 AM
LOVE these defaults!! First ones I've found that don't make me feel like my Sims are really staring at me through the computer (and these don't make me jealous that my Sims have prettier eyes than I do)