Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Matching Maxis Textures for the Ornate Chess Set

by SunnyMonster Posted 27th Nov 2007 at 10:15 PM - Updated 8th Dec 2008 at 9:33 PM by -Maylin-

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 9:56 AM
Thanks, its good to have something that'll at least match with the chairs now.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 11:23 AM
I don't know about "brooding" but it is good to have furniture that matches ITSELF--how hard should that be? So thanks for that! I like a black and white house, 75/25 or 25/75, with splashes of bright color here and there, and this will definitely help with that!
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 5:44 PM
Thank you for this! I don't understand Maxis' interior decorating sense /at all/... they made this and didn't include it?? ::brain ache::
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 7:21 PM
Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!

*waves hi*
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 7:30 PM
Wow, thanks so much! I always hated the mismatch...now it will be so nice!
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 7:42 PM
Thank you,

I don´t understand Maxis too. I have in my game textures for grovy dresser from university they are hidden too.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 8:31 PM
Big thankyou, this has been a pet peeve of mine from the beginning

Quote: Originally posted by Heli
Thank you,

I don´t understand Maxis too. I have in my game textures for grovy dresser from university they are hidden too.

Are they posted Heli? I'm completely inept at SimPE so I can never figure it out for myself

Mene Sakkhet Urseveh
Live Long, and Prosper
Field Researcher
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 6:49 AM
That's because Maxis enabled recolors only for body part, not for the chessboard part. (The chessboard was made recolorable by CEP.) Which is stupid. Maxis should have made chessboard part recolorable in the first place.

In fact, you don't even have to include actual texture images in recolor package, as they are already included in base game. All you need to do is linking MMAT to the texture image included in the game.

1. Open each recolor package in SimPE.

2. Delete Material Definition(TXMT) and Texture Image(TXTR).

3. Change name entries in MMAT like this:

Black: chessboardornate_surfaces_blackmarble
Red: chessboardornate_surfaces_redwood
White: chessboardornate_surfaces_whitestone

Thanks for doing works that Maxis should have done in the first place, like your goth bedding.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
In fact, you don't even have to include actual texture images in recolor package, as they are already included in base game. All you need to do is linking MMAT to the texture image included in the game.

1. Open each recolor package in SimPE.

2. Delete Material Definition(TXMT) and Texture Image(TXTR).

3. Change name entries in MMAT like this:

Thanks for posting this! I've redone and re-uploaded the packages this way to allow for a smaller file size. I'm trying to do the hidden groovy dresser files the same way, but this technique doesn't seem to work for them. I'm probably just doing it wrong, of course. Anyway, I hope to get them up soon.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 1:44 AM
very nice indeed
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 9:57 AM
Dang it the Sims are perfect...they should have matching stuff and yet they can't have a matching chess table....I always just told myself that it was sitting on top of a table to calm myself. This is much better.... thanks!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 10:41 AM
This fix and Unlocked Maxis Textures for the Groovy Dresser are now part of the latest version of CEP.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Field Researcher
#14 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 6:13 PM
What a relief! That drove me NUTS! Someone on the Maxis graphics staff must be on crack. XD

~Sarah~
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 7:32 PM
Thanks for relieving me of one of my pet peeves!
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 4:29 PM
Thanks for doing this, even thought its now included in CEP.

Quote: Originally posted by iamabub
Someone on the Maxis graphics staff must be on crack. XD
LOL I totally agree.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 8:00 AM
I glad someone thought of this. It always did look weird to me. Thanks.