Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Middleground -- Neighbourhood with lots; base game compatible

by plasticbox Posted 2nd Dec 2007 at 12:49 AM - Updated 13th Jan 2015 at 4:18 AM by plasticbox

202 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 193 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:48 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:23 PM.
Lot 01 -- 04 Forest Lane

1BR 1BA, with basement

Price: 44.317§
Lot size: 3x2

Tiny cottage in the woods, with a porch in the garden and a fireplace. This is a typical "grandmother's cottage", very quaint and oldfashioned. On the top floor is a double bedroom and a living area with a piano, on the ground floor the living room, dining room, kitchen and bath. The basement has outside access from underneath the porch. Garden left and right of the house, room for driveways in front.

--
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:49 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:23 PM.
Lot 02 -- 03 Forest Lane

Starter house, 2BR 1BA

Price: 19.970§
Lot size: 2x2

Starter house, furnished for 1-2 sims with a spare bedroom. Open kitchen/dining/living room, small fenced-in garden with terrace, room for two driveways next to the house. Comes with a stereo, TV, chess board, mirror, and stove on top of the usual basics.

--
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:49 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:23 PM.
Lot 03 -- 02 Forest Lane

Starter house, 2BR 1BA

Price: 19.951§

Starter house, furnished for 2-3 sims. Open kitchen/dining/living room, small fenced-in garden with terrace, room for two driveways next to the house. Comes with a barbecue, outside dining, mirror, stove, and a swing on top of the usual basics. The trashcan underneath the side table is playtested and works fine.

--
Screenshots

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:49 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:25 PM.
Lot 04 -- 01 Forest Lane

Starter house, 2BR 1BA, with pool

Price: 19.966§

Starter house, furnished for 1-2 sims with a spare bedroom. Open kitchen/dining/living room, small fenced-in garden with terrace and pool, room for two driveways next to the house. Comes with a stereo, extra comfy dining chairs, a stove and a small swimmingpool on top of the usual basics.

--
Screenshots

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:50 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:25 PM.
Lot 05 -- 02 Dieffenbach Boulevard

2BR 2BA

Price: 48.996§
Lot size: 2x4

Small country house, furnished for 1-2 sims, with room for more on the top floor. Living room with fireplace and study corner, small pond and sitting area in the garden, room for two driveways in front of the house.

--
Screenshots

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:50 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:25 PM.
Lot 06 -- 12 Riverside Drive

Starter house, 2BR 2BA

Price: 19.678§
Lot size: 2x4

City-ish house across the park, with room for up to three driveways in front and a relatively large garden. The living room has a nice view towards the main square and the museum, the kitchen has a back door that leads out to a small porch in the garden. Furnished for 1-2 sims with spare room, equipped with TV, stove and coffee machine on top of the usual basics.

--
Screenshots

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:50 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:25 PM.
Lot 07 -- 10 Riverside Drive: Mini Market

Price: N/A

Small grocery store. It has a small back room and a bathroom accessible from there, as well as a lockable behind-the-counter area, so it should work fine as an owned lot if you have OfB.

--
Screenshots

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:51 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:26 PM.
Lot 08 -- 08 Riverside Drive

2BR 2BA, with garden and workshop/garage/storeroom

Price: 51.772§
Lot size: 2x3

Country house with a large storeroom on the gound floor that can be used as a garage (it's exactly garage-sized with additional space in the back). Room for another driveway in front, traditional fenced-in "farmer gardens" in front and back. Open living/dining/kitchen and main bathroom on the ground floor, living area and two double bedrooms on the top floor, one of which has a small private bath.

--

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:51 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:26 PM.
Lot 09 -- Middleground Cemetery

Lot size: 3x3

A place for your dead sims to go: a park-like little cemetery, with some benches to sit on, room for prominent sims' graves in the flowerbeds alongside the main path, and a public loo as usual. Currently there's room for 56 graves, but you can convert the empty space with the willow trees to make room for more (I didn't do that because it looked a bit barren with so many empty graves).

--
Screenshots

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:51 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:22 PM.
Lot 10 -- 01 Main Street: Museum for Asian Arts and Crafts

Lot size: 3x3

This is the center of Middleground: a museum in a beautiful villa, probably donated by someone with a tic for Asian art and too much money. There is a small park around the building and the main square in front; on the ground floor is an unofficial clothing store camouflaged as a cloakroom (but maybe they sell kimonos there?). One room with a modern art exhibition as well as bathrooms on the ground floor (those could be converted into a staff area if you run this as an owned business), the Asian arts department as well as a tiny portrait gallery are on the top floor, stairs lead up from a back room to a small attic that's currently used as storage space. Additional bathrooms in the basement.

--

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:51 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:26 PM.
Lot 11 -- Middleground Central Park

Small park across the museum, at the corner of Riverside Drive and Main Street. It has a grill, sitting area, swings and a chess board, and public toilets in that little white hut.

--
Screenshots

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:52 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:31 PM.
Lot 12 -- 09 Riverside Drive

2BR 2BA, with garden and pool

Price: 47.165§
Lot size: 2x3

One of the nicest homes in Middleground: a small family house with garden and pool, room for two driveways next to the house. Livingroom with fireplace, kitchen/dining with access to the garden, study/family room on the top floor.
Screenshots

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:52 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:33 PM.
Lot 13 -- 01 Riverside Drive

3BR 2BA + spare rooms, with garden and covered porch

Price: 33.772§

Lots of room for the money: three bedrooms (two of them large enough for a double), plus a nursery next to the kitchen and two spare rooms on the top floor. Covered porch with a beautiful view over the river (the roof of which could be converted into a balcony with an even more excellent view), room for driveways in front of the house, small garden area next to the porch. The porch is equipped with a barbecue and an outside dining table.

--
Screenshots

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:52 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:35 PM.
Lot 14 -- 02 Main Street

2BR 2BA

Price: 54.080§
Lot size: 1x3

Small but very nicely furnished townhouse, situated right next to the park: this is kind of the "first address" in Middleground, and could be the home of the person who founded the Arts and Crafts museum. Living room with sitting area, TV and chessboard, kitchen/dining with access to the garden, two bedrooms and a bath on the top floor.

--
Screenshots

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:52 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:39 PM.
Lot 15 -- 03 Main Street

Starter house, 2BR 2BA

Price: 19.832§

Starter house on Main Street, with covered porch and a garden. Access is via the porch through the kitchen/dining room, a small living room in the back leads up to the top floor. Room for one driveway in front of the house.

--
Screenshots

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:53 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 8th Dec 2007 at 5:50 PM.
Lot 16 -- 04 Main Street: Newsstand

Lot size: 3x1

Newsstand with a small sort-of-park (read a bit of green lawn) behind it. Sims can buy magazines and computer games, use the bathroom, and hang out on the park benches and watch the passers-by.

--
Screenshots

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:54 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:43 PM.
Lot 17 -- 02 Langerak Drive

2BR 2BA, with garden and pool

Price: 27.001§

Sort of a beach house, with covered porches, balcony, and a small garden with pool. Furnished for three sims, room for a driveway in front, comes with a few skilling items on top of the usual basics.

--
Screenshots

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:54 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:46 PM.
Lot 18 -- 01 Langerak Drive

Starter house, 1BR 2BA with spare room

Price: 19.964§

Starter house, very much like a beach/holiday house, with basement and balcony. Furnished for 1-2 sims, additional room in the basement, with a stereo, mirror, stove and coffee machine on top of the usual starter equipment. I believe there is no burglar alarm on the back door, so watch out =).

--
Screenshots

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 2:54 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:47 PM.
Lot 19 -- Willow Square

Lot size: 1x1

Tiny square with a big willow tree and some benches to sit on. I mainly put this in because it looks nice, but it's probably useful for sims to get out of the house and meet people (this lot loads lightning fast), or for a romantic tête-à-tête on the park bench (there's not going to be a lot of traffic on this lot, which might be good for dates).

--
Screenshots

Instructor
#21 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:02 PM
Thanks Pb I <3 you and your lots, these are awesome so thanks very much! ^-^;
Forum Resident
#22 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:20 PM
You really can read minds! Yay! I really like your first neighbourhood, and has hoping and praying that you would do another. It looks very nice. My simmies are suitable impressed!

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Field Researcher
#23 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:22 PM
okay, because I'm *ZOMGTEHBRAINDEDED* at this time of night lol, I'm assuming by this being totally cleaned of townies etc that it means if you want townies, you have to create your own households of them with Inge or Jordi's hacks?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 3:30 PM
lasciel,

no, you just plunk it into your neighbourhoods folder and start playing -- the game autogenerates random townies as needed. (You need to make your own if you want *your own customised* townies, but that's an entirely different matter)

Instructor
#25 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 4:30 PM
it looks great!!! im makeing a neboor hood with lots at the min!
Page 1 of 9