Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 1:55 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets
Default Crashing when using premade suspender clothing
Hi, I am having a problem where my game crashes whenever I load a Sim wearing one of the pre-made suspender shirts for Elder Males in CAS or the neighborhood (Patrizio Monty, Victor Molyneux in the Riverside download, etc.) as well as their non-suspender counterparts (so not only the yellow suspender shirt, but the same shirt without the suspenders, same with the blue shirt etc.). So, sometimes in CAS the game will crash when it randomly generates a Sim before I go into the Sim Bin (or whatever the "bin" is called in CAS). I have Windows Vista with an nVidia 8600. Is there any reason that anyone knows why this crash is occuring? Does anyone know of any CC that conflicts with the suspenders that I could have possibly downloaded? Help is appreciated. Thanks!

~~Mike
Advertisement
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 2:16 AM
Please do the steps in the Game Problems faq and then let us know how it goes.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 2:16 AM
I have already tried removing just my downloads, and that didn't help, but I am trying again.

~~Mike
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 2:20 AM
This time around where I also removed my SavedSims folder it worked.

~~Mike
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 3:15 AM
All you have to do now is figure out which file in that folder is causing the problems with your game. The sorting method in that faq is pretty quick. I recommend removing your Downloads folder temporarily while you sort the files to make loading your game faster.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects