Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 5:59 PM
Change the fish swimming place
I was wondering if there was a possibility to make the fish from the aquarium swim lower.
Advertisement
Fluffy
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 6:38 PM
TimSimser,

from what i recall, the fish are a 'special effect' and as such aren't very well documented in modding.
a good place to start might be here, : http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...ghlight=effects
a word of warning, however, this is certainly not beginner stuff
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 9:03 AM
Yep, definitely a special effect. If you just want to move all the fish at once, and don't want to do anything tricky like adding more fish or moving individual fish, then you should be able to get away with just moving the slot the effect is played in though.

Open the clone and then go into its CRES file, and in the blocklist select the line called "slot_aquarium_fishnbubbles_fx". The panel underneath will change. At the bottom left is a section called "Translation". If you change the values in there, it should move the position where the fish are created.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 6:39 PM
thanks for you help, but it doesn't seem to work for me yet , I changed it just like you said but the fish are still swimming at the same place (height, I would like to have them swim lower)
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 3:43 AM
Did you commit and save the changes, then buy a new fishtank in game? (Changes won't affect fishtanks which are already placed)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 2:34 PM
Yes I did and there actualy changed something, the bubbles moved over the Z-axis (and I changed the Y axis' angle) and at that place the animation of putting fish in the water takes place but the fish are actualy placed in the aquarium.

I changed more than only the "slot_aquarium_fishnbubbles_fx", but if I change only that line there happens nothing.
Screenshots
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 11:30 PM
Sims uses a slightly different vertex system to other programs like Milkshape. From memory, z is y, y is z, and x is -x. Or something very much like that. I'm a bit surprised that the bubbles moved but the fish didn't... Out of curiosity, try letting the fish die and restock them, see if they're still in the wrong spot?

Also, it might be worth posting your package so I can prod at it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 2:14 PM
I have let the fish die, but after restocking they were still at the wrong spot,

I've enclosed the package, but I think I messed it a bit up cause I changed more than only the line fishnbubbles.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  aquarium 1.rar (247.4 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content