Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 11684 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:51 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Original, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default Custom Content in Castaway
Does the custom content* for the Sims 2 work on The Sims 2 Castaway Stories for the PC? And if so what do I have to do to make it work?

P.S. This is for windows Vista.

*(Not just the stuff on this site)
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: administrator
#2 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 8:18 AM
Sort of. The Stories series games are not really meant for custom content - they're meant to run light on laptops, so it's really best not to load them full of custom content.

However, you -can- use basic custom content.

I would not use any hacks, hacked objects, or custom objects of any sort - it's a different game with different coding and I could not predict what would happen if you ran into a conflict or something an object needed that Castaway didn't have.

In addition, I think custom accessories (glasses) do not show up in Castaway. Most clothes apparently do show up (I'm assuming ones on custom meshes, or meshes included in Castaway) and I can confirm personally that default replacement skintones, eyes, eyebrows, and hair textures work as well. I've used just those last types and found that was all I needed. Since Castaway is so wildly different from the actual game, custom content of other types would clash with the style anyway.

Downloads for Castaway are placed in:

My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims™ Castaway Stories\Downloads

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
YOUR BUTTHURT SUSTAINS ME.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 9:45 AM
As HP has said above not all work; some items came up under other category. In order to show custom content; you have to enabled custom content under game option.

This is similar to Sims 2
Enable Custom Content!

Section jump