Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Lupine" Anthropomorph face archetype (non-replacement!)

by kingtorrid Posted 14th Mar 2008 at 10:15 AM - Updated 1st Jun 2008 at 1:23 PM by kingtorrid

99 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 9:35 PM
They're all really cute. You did an excellent job. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 10:27 PM
These are really cool! Thanks!

Hanging upside down to sleep does not make you cool or alternative - I know, because I've tried it...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 10:46 PM
great job! It's so wolf like!
#5 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 11:12 PM
I am so glad these were accepted. The are so cute! I can't wait to sniff 'em *Inside joke at CF* I am glad to help in anyway possible! Thank you again!

Bites and Kisses
Vampire
Forum Resident
#6 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 11:19 PM
Now this is interesting! Thanks for posting these.
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 11:34 PM
These are extremely wonderful! What's next? Perhaps feline? Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

Ooh, just read that you are doing felines.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 1:46 AM
Wow this is so cute. I had some idea like this too, to create pixies.

Have you used Argons tutorial to make them non-replacement? Because I have tried this tutorial too, but dont understand "Updating references".

oepusims.tumblr.com. I don't take request. I have 2 children and few freetime. Use my creations as you wish. You don't have to ask.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 2:06 AM
I did use Argon's tutorial. It could have used some (a lot) more illustrations. (someone should do an ilustrated tutorial)
Instructor
#10 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 10:27 AM
Wow, thats amazing--never seen anything like it

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 6:05 AM
I really like this, but I'm disappointed that those textures aren't included. They fit the face very well, and look just perfect.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 2:07 PM
I'll have to check out the policies on the genensims.com website, and see what kind of credits I'd have to include (and if I can post them here)

If not, I can make some textures of my own to post instead (they might not look as natural, but they would be custom-made as the characters I had in mind when I did the display sims.

If I go through the trouble of those custom skins, I'll be posting the Lupe sim (I have a set of sims planned )

Exciting fun fact #52: Costco also sells coffins, also known as "Costkets". Costkets are not sold in bulk, even though Costo is a bulk warehouse (it would make a good story if they were).
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 1:48 AM
Well, I hope you can get the permissions to post them, to save you the time of texturing them. Either way, they're going to fit very well in any Sims Community!

(Pleasantview has gone to the dogs!)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 3:11 PM
I checked the Genensims site for their

Quote:
Policy
Items created by me may be redistributed on other FREE web sites, as long as credit is given. If you wish to modify, cut, splice, or otherwise recreate anything on this web site, please do so. Again, I apreciate credit if you distribute any creations that are based predominantly on my work. I would prefer that none of my creations are posted to pay sites. I created them to be free, and do not want to see anyone charged for them.

It looks like I can post these skintones, I'll take care of it soon.

Exciting fun fact #52: Costco also sells coffins, also known as "Costkets". Costkets are not sold in bulk, even though Costo is a bulk warehouse (it would make a good story if they were).
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 4:49 PM
This looks really great, kingtorrid, but at the risk of looking like a noob, what is it?

Is it a skin? Sim? How do I use it?

Thank You, whatever it is - it looks really cool
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 6:42 PM
This is a "non-replacement" archetype (it doesn't replace any existing archetypes (aka face templates), it has its own slot). When you create a sim, you get a selection of faces to choose from. If you haven't installed any other non-replacement archetypes, it will be the very last one (after the elf template)

In CAS (Create a Sim, the in-game sim builder), you can only choose the whole face. In Bodyshop, you can choose face parts.

PM (personal message) me if you're still having trouble with this

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 4:09 AM
OMG sooooooooooooooooooooo cute. So glad you were able to upload them. Been waiting forever to try these out on my kitties and wolfie sims. ^^ Fantastic job. Lol Vampire.

Wish ants would stop dying in my computer screen.
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 5:28 AM
wow so sool thank you for sharing I have sooo been hopeing some one could do this. Thanks again
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 1:51 AM Last edited by Solloby : 22nd Mar 2008 at 1:52 AM. Reason: spelling
... ILU <3
Thanks so much for this, it's beautiful! I want to create a whole town of furries. I can't wait until you get the skintones up. I've downloaded the black and white one from Genensims anyway until I can use your ones =)
Instructor
#20 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 7:42 AM
Awesome. I've got a 28th face in my set at my site, but it's just a rebuild of Argon's example face and no doubt uses the same slot. (Tried to make it a unique template, but I failed miserably.) ><
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 4:23 AM
This is downright amazing! It must have been really hard, because the muzzle is perfect! I can't wait to see what else you are able to do, because you are just incredibly talented!

Also, I can't wait to see the skintones up. I'm glad that Genensims is so free with their skintones!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 2:05 AM
impressive xD
Test Subject
#23 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 1:31 AM
where can i get these skin tones!!!! HELP! ive looked everywhere
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 9:20 AM
Genensims for example.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zbobhigh
where can i get these skin tones!!!! HELP! ive looked everywhere

Quote: Originally posted by Mynnia
Genensims for example.

If you're asking about the "no-ear" skintones (in gray/ash and brown/white), I haven't uploaded them yet. I've been really busy, and I have a few final-touches to make. They should be up by Wednesday.

Sorry about being so slow with this...

As for "furry" skintones in general, there are quite a few here: http://www.genensims.com

Page 1 of 4