Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(Testers Wanted) Megahood: All Maxis Neighborhoods in One

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 18th Mar 2008 at 2:49 PM - Updated 29th May 2015 at 2:34 PM by Nysha

401 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 395 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 17
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 4:46 PM
Awesome! Does this also include all the for sale houses in each neighborhood?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 4:54 PM
ChaoKuang - Yes, it does. My text may have been a bit ambiguous on that point - this includes -all- lots in the included neighborhoods - inhabited lots, houses for sale, and community lots.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
The Anti-Social Extrovert
#4 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 5:08 PM
I'm definitely trying this out I never asked for it because I didn't think it was possible...I have been proven wrong and am -extremely- grateful >^.^<

and THANK YOU!!!!!

...· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- (( °º ° ..° "(¨`v´¨)::" °..··..*.. ·· ..° *..·|<aTa?+|cA| |<@
°-:¦:- `v´* *-:¦:- °·..* * °..·· ..*.. ·· ..° * -:¦:- * °.. ·· ..*.. ·· .:.° * -:¦:-
#5 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 5:09 PM
This is a very wonderful download. I have always wanted something like this but I didn't know it was possible. One question, just out of curiosity, why does it cause the neighborhood to self-destruct if you make a new shopping district, or it just a thing that you came across and haven't an idea why? Anyways, thank you again, this is fabulous.

Bites and Kisses
Vampire
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 5:19 PM
VoD - Basically, in the process of creating the new 'hoods as shopping districts, you have to trick the game into thinking they are shopping district templates (i.e. you make it think that Strangetown is Bluewater Village, etc.) and add each one individually, then once you have them all done, fix the neighborhood IDs so that you can use them all together. Adding a new shopping district won't give you a proper ID for the newly-added district, which results in two districts overlapping each other - lots will appear empty, placed wrong in the neighborhood (some not connected to roads), etc., and it will effectively be completely borked. That's why I've gone ahead and added Bluewater Village, so you don't have any need to add it yourself. If for some reason you desperately wanted to add your own custom shopping district (or to make everything shopping districts of Strangetown, or a custom neighborhood, downtowns rather than shopping districts, or whatever), you could do this yourself following SaraMK's tutorial linked in my first post.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 5:58 PM
OMG You Rock!

I did this once myself (by uprooting, and copying the file) and it took so damn long, I didn't have the heart to do it again once I had a new computer, so I can appreciate just how long this must have took you.

Thank you very much.

/e steals your shoes and asks for it in .zip form...

Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has died, or is living with cancer.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#8 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 6:11 PM
I've been promising myself I would use SaraMK's tute to do this, so I could introduce the Riverblossom folk to their Pleasantview counterparts. And now I don't have to! I look forward to testing this tonight. (*crosses fingers so as not to jinx megadownload*)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 6:27 PM
*goes for the big rar* Thank god I have broadband :D

Thanks a lot for this, I've read the tuts on it but it always seemed too hard, usually the first thing I do is delete maxis hoods so it will be different to actually play with maxis sims.
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 6:38 PM
Thank you,now i have troubles game wise no mind wise yes I can not get my mind around this,I'LL try it thanks again
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 6:46 PM
wow ,i am speechless, (bows down in gratitude).cant wait to try
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#12 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 7:03 PM
Congrats! Glad you got it to work!

:: goes off to debate if its worth it now to upload my Desiderata/Bluewater/Riverblossom combined hood... ::
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 7:16 PM
Genius.

Field Researcher
#14 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 7:38 PM
This is probably going to be awesome! I've always wanted to play in Strangetown, but for some reason I've never been able to get it to show up on the neighborhood selection screen ::shrug::. So now I can play all the neighborhoods at once? That means Don will walk past the Dreamer's household and the Capps can party with the Goths downtown?

I'm going to watch this, because you said it's busted, and wait for when it works properly for people downloading it, but thanks for putting this together!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 7:50 PM
Whoa.. nice job. Thank x 100000

God loved the birds and created trees. Man loved the birds and created cages -Jaques Duvall
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 8:00 PM
chibspan - Yes, you'll see sims from the other 'hoods as walkbys, they can come over, be friends, get married, etc... and I didn't say it was busted, but that nothing appeared to be busted in my testing. I have loaded lots from every 'hood and nothing seems to be broken but it's always possible there's something I've missed. It should work just fine, but with anything that's kind of bashed together, there's always the potential for issues, so that was more butt-covering than actually saying it's messed up.

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 8:07 PM
You made it. Congrats on a job well done!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 8:07 PM
What did you do with dead sims and Bella Goth?
Are the gravestones atill in the graveyard etc. the Trcoolou family, or whatever they are called..

Thank you a million by the way, i will be downloading as soon as i get home!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 8:18 PM
saladoor - You'll technically have two Bellas, as the Pleasantview Bella has been restored in the cleaned up templates. That really wasn't my doing, just a matter of using the cleaned up templates. Gravestones and all that are still present. If you want exact details on all that, see the links in my post for the cleaned-up templates - I didn't modify any of that, just combined the cleaned-up templates into a single 'hood.

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 8:20 PM Last edited by charleeheart : 18th Mar 2008 at 9:54 PM.
Wow! This is great for everyone who wants to get Strangetown Bella back with the Pleasantville Goth family. Very cool!

>>>valasia - Both Bellas are there, and the real Pleasantview Bella is a proper playable sim - in my testing, the real Bella phoned up to talk to Alexander and when I had Mortimer call her up and invite her over, they shared a rather passionate kiss in greeting. So you'll have two Bellas, as I mentioned above in reply to saladoor. <<<

Even better!!! Reunited, without SimPE!! You're a hero!

| Bookworm | Family-Oriented | Good | Hopeless Romantic | Loner |
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 8:31 PM
Ok, I'm going to ask the question I'm sure others are wondering.

Bella... or the fake-Bella, is she there, can she be introduced to Mortimer?

Thank you so much for this anyway, downloading it regardless of the answer.

I am simply a mass hallucination that a majority of the population chooses to believe in.
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 8:38 PM
thank you, I just barely got mine finished following the tutorials, and then they added Desiderata on me and I played that a little and wanted to add it, but didn't want to go through everything all over again.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 8:50 PM
valasia - Both Bellas are there, and the real Pleasantview Bella is a proper playable sim - in my testing, the real Bella phoned up to talk to Alexander and when I had Mortimer call her up and invite her over, they shared a rather passionate kiss in greeting. So you'll have two Bellas, as I mentioned above in reply to saladoor.

Forum Resident
#24 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 8:51 PM
how did you do that I try and try to do that but I missed it up. but you beat me to it must fav this. and going add you as my friend if its okay

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 9:05 PM
Okay I downloaded and un-rared it and looked at it and it seems to have 7 suburbs. With what you listed I thought it was supposed to be only 5. The pics for #1 & #6 both show Riverblossom and I have no idea where #2 is from the pic. Can you clarify this for me?
Page 1 of 17