Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Borg Sphere

by jasonduskey Posted 3rd Apr 2008 at 5:15 AM

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 11:56 AM
Impressive! Of course I despise being the first poster for your lots, BUT I had to comment on this one. When I was coloring the texture map, I was thinking "Borg Sphere"?...hmmm. That screenshot immediately captured my attention though. I love the way you can take a 2-D image and bring it to life in 3-D. A sphere no less!
Hail to you :cylon: ! Has anyone created the Borg Queen yet? This is definitely worthy of her!

Absolutely LUV it! :lovestruc
Take care bro!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 1:37 PM
O,O'' that's a HUUUUGE sphere...wow how do you do it??
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 1:49 PM
Awsome, and there is a borg queen on TSR but it looks nothing like her.

Honor, Loyalty, and Sacrifice
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 12:11 AM
Thank You!!

Resistance is Futile
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 12:15 AM
Steph: There's a decent borg queen here:http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=192175 There used to be another one over at Insiminator, but I can't find the link. MooreSpino would be the one to ask. And a sphere is no huge modding feat after some of the wonky-shaped hulls I've done.
Regardless, the texture map really brought it to life. I used the shiny one. Thank you, sister.

Laura: Step 1- Make a big sphere. Step 2- build walls inside it

Thanks for the feedback, all.

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 12:44 AM
Well, gee whiz, J! Thanks for the referal, nice to be known for my useless knowledge. :D

Here's the one at InSIM: http://www.insimenator.net/showthre...light=Star+Trek

I also like this one: http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim...&user_id=224994

Bascially I used the best of all the Queens found, added a bit of puppetfish's Borg set, and made my own upgraded Borg Queen. But that's me...

And nice rounded job on the sphere. The shiny texture really looks nice and your meshing is getting more awesome with every one of these ships.

It might look I'm doing nothing, but at the molecular level I'm really quite busy.
~Anonymous
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 1:06 AM Last edited by StephSim : 4th Apr 2008 at 1:16 AM.
Ok :cylon: Just what I was looking for. :cylon:

The Queen by sgoobysnacks29 is my favorite, but I love the idea of putting together the best aspects of all 3. That's how I usually create my own Sims when I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the links everyone! :

Jason - It's not the fact that you had to create the sphere, but the very idea of a boring sphere didn't spark my imagination much. Maybe it did! That particular borg texture was not my favorite, but it was the only one that showed the ship at a front profile and with raised and lowered levels. Not a difficult TM really as my biggest problem with it was getting it to fit the circular shape on the TM!

Oh...forgot to take a look at the TSR Borg Queen!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#9 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 3:24 PM
jason, I supposed you made it that way... I just thought that making such a big sphere may be tricky
Alchemist
#10 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 5:02 PM
The big ohhhhh on my face is a very big one, Jason! I missed some of the building features, I suppose hehe. You're so creative, bravo! (and brava Steph) Thank you kiss and ciao
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 9:46 PM Last edited by jasonduskey : 5th Apr 2008 at 7:25 AM.
Laura: Fue broma, mi'ja

Tricky is relative. After a bit of experimentation with wraparound meshes, you learn what you can do and what you can't. Each new lot has a different mesh, and so I spend a bit of time drawing and erasing walls to find out how much space I can create inside the mesh. In the case of the sphere, everything is completely symetrical. So on each level, whatever I draw on the port side, I mirror it on the starboard. Once I knew the dimensions of the top 2 levels, the bottom 2 levels were a given. If you look at some of the other wraparound meshes I've done (the Hammerhead comes to mind), a sphere is child's play.

Regardless, thank you all for the feedback. Much more to come, stay tuned.

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 10:51 AM
It looks completely awesome. From the inside and outside. I... cannot find words for this one, it's far too perfect.
So maybe just... a million, million thanks!!

My medieval legacy: Rowena's Sims
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 1:47 PM
WOW!
...drools ...must assimilate

It is imperative that we be given preference over these mendicants...
Field Researcher
#14 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 8:46 AM Last edited by puppetfish : 25th Apr 2008 at 10:47 PM. Reason: update!
What can I say? This is awesome! (Of course, since I had so much trouble with Bon Voyage on my new computer, I am currently not able to download it, and my poor Borg Sims are rambling around in a large totally modern house. - sigh)

But one day I WILL download this!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

4-25 >a quick update!

I went ahead and tried to download this (My Borg were decidedly NOT happy when I informed them of their need to remain in their current non-trekkie home ) I was amazed and overcome with happy thoughts when the lot actually loaded and played perfectly, even though I do not have Bon Voyage!!

Thank you again! My Borg have given up their planned take over and there is peace in The Goompah Galaxy again!

Want to see all my Sims 2 creations, including my Star Trek items? Follow the link below to check out my Blog!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Looking for Franny Sims Meshes? They can be found HERE!