Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Service Taxi Replacements (incl. Basegame version)

by hexameter Posted 3rd May 2008 at 5:39 AM - Updated 24th Feb 2009 at 5:46 PM by hexameter : added remarks for downloads; changed the link to the sound package

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 4th May 2008 at 7:56 AM
WOW sums it up, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th May 2008 at 8:14 AM
I waited a very long time for replacements like this. Thank you, hexameter.

-DANKE-

Too old to learn better english.but too young to have no wishes (for my sims)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th May 2008 at 9:02 AM
yay! i love these replacements it adds soooo much to my medieval sims!! literally thank you x 1,000,000!!! XDXD

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.

Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th May 2008 at 12:01 PM
For Clarification: If I have all 3 expansions, I need all 3 files, or just the one for the newest expansion (Bon Voyage)?

Would it be possible to have a milk cart for the Delivery NPCs?

Either way , and I look forward to other wonderful creations you make.

~Corsetcrush
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th May 2008 at 12:03 PM
thanks for sharing,,
very nice =]
Scholar
#7 Old 4th May 2008 at 12:56 PM
Exceptional work as always Hexameter! Thanks for sharing with us.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th May 2008 at 1:57 PM
Default Clarification
Quote: Originally posted by Corsetcrush
For Clarification: If I have all 3 expansions, I need all 3 files, or just the one for the newest expansion (Bon Voyage)?

You'll need only the one for the newest expansion.
The basegame version was made to complete the set and to work with EPs up to OFB.
Maybe some day I'll make basegame versions of the other NPC vehicles, too, as far as they are included there.

Quote: Originally posted by Corsetcrush
Would it be possible to have a milk cart for the Delivery NPCs?

The delivery vehicle is one of the next carts in my list of vehicles I want to have for my game though I don't know how long this will take.
It's a good idea to make it as a milk cart, thanks.

hexameter
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th May 2008 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hexameter
You'll need only the one for the newest expansion.
The basegame version was made to complete the set and to work with EPs up to OFB.
Maybe some day I'll make basegame versions of the other NPC vehicles, too, as far as they are included there.

Maybe you could update your original post, as it's a bit unclear. I too was not certain if I needed all the files or just the BV one.

The delivery vehicle is one of the next carts in my list of vehicles I want to have for my game though I don't know how long this will take.
It's a good idea to make it as a milk cart, thanks.

Yay! Great! I'm looking forward to the other versions, as well.

This is a great idea and the cart is beautiful! Thank you!

Ever wanted a pay item you could not afford?
Get it for free here!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 4th May 2008 at 2:34 PM
today 2 new ''cars'' from Hexameter! YAY!!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th May 2008 at 3:17 PM
Awesome! Thank you.

[
Field Researcher
#12 Old 4th May 2008 at 4:03 PM
Terrific looking! Thank you!
Theorist
#13 Old 4th May 2008 at 4:50 PM
Wonderful! There was nothing worse than having an authentically dressed medieval family moving into their new castle or hovel from the doors of a yellow minivan!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th May 2008 at 5:18 PM
Default Moving to a new home
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
Wonderful! There was nothing worse than having an authentically dressed medieval family moving into their new castle or hovel from the doors of a yellow minivan!

Thanks for your nice comment, but, sorry to disappoint you:
EA has an extra vehicle to move sims to their new home. In fact there are 7 (seven!) different meshes to handle all taxi services.
Unfortunately I didn't provide the version you talk of. I wonder if all the work was worth making that replacement because it's not very often used. Simply let me know your opinion.
hexameter
Forum Resident
#15 Old 4th May 2008 at 5:31 PM
omg!!this look classic!!Thank you so much for sharing.
Theorist
#16 Old 4th May 2008 at 5:36 PM
Thanks for your nice comment, but, sorry to disappoint you:
EA has an extra vehicle to move sims to their new home. In fact there are 7 (seven!) different meshes to handle all taxi services.
Unfortunately I didn't provide the version you talk of. I wonder if all the work was worth making that replacement because it's not very often used. Simply let me know your opinion.
hexameter
Oh dear! How typical of EA's lack of organization and efficiency that shows up throughout their coding. It is disappointing, but as you say the move-in taxi is not often used.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 4th May 2008 at 5:44 PM
*Bowing*...Thank You!!!
*I bow to you* and say...THANK YOU... my medieval village will forever be grateful!

Let me know if you use any of my recolors in a story, video, etc. I'd like to see it!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#18 Old 4th May 2008 at 6:11 PM
Would it be quick and painless just to take the taxi that you have done here and used it also for the move-in taxi? I don't see why we would really *need* a different taxi for it, so using the beautiful one you have already made seems to make sense, unless it isn't that simple, in that case, never mind!

Also, as a special favor, could you refrain from putting text on the vehicles? Half the simmers prefer Simlish and half perfer English and a lot don't even speak English. By not putting text on the vehicle it works for everyone.

And as I know I haven't said it enough, THANK YOU. Veronaville is really shaping up thanks to all your stunning creations. It just wouldn't be quite medieval enough without your work. THANKS!
Forum Resident
#19 Old 4th May 2008 at 7:26 PM
Thanks so much for these! Little by little I am nearing my dream of a complete fantasy/medieval hood. I appreciate greatly what you've done so far and look forward to more.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 4th May 2008 at 9:02 PM Last edited by DoomAngelsc : 4th May 2008 at 9:08 PM.
It seems I am not alone in the gratitude for making our medieval hoods more realistic with your wonderful creations. Its been a real challenge maintaining an all Medieval hood, changing all the sims/townies/Npc's into medieval clothing and such. So again I THANK YOU it wouldn't be complete without all your replacements for vehicles in this game. I'm also requesting the grocery delivery truck, that would just be awesome.

Oh an its awesome to see I'm not alone as an all Medieval/fantasy player, hats off to ya all!! maybe EA should notice us and make an expansion pak truly Medieval... haha I know dream on.... What I fear is now that I've got my game just the way I like it, they will come out with Sims3 and I'll have to start all over.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 4th May 2008 at 9:48 PM
The habitants of all Windle thank you :D
Forum Resident
#22 Old 5th May 2008 at 12:07 AM
thanks a lot hex, they look great... my only issue is that when I am playing a modern neighborhood, my Sims get picked up in medieval carts lol... and I know theres no way around this lol. I'll keep them in a folder for when I want to play a medieval lot lol. Awesome work btw!!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#23 Old 5th May 2008 at 3:52 AM
Make yourself an AnyGame for your medieval neighborhood. It will create a separate downloads folder and you won't have to keep moving things around. It will also load the game faster because it won't have to load the medieval stuff when you are playing modern or the modern stuff when you are playing medieval. It also lets you pick which EPs and SPs to include, now I don't have to worry about all my medieval teens wanting to go to University. It really is the best way to go, check it out.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 5th May 2008 at 4:38 AM
Yesssssssssssssssss, Thank You seems like two very small words and that we should be screaming at the top of our lungs to express our thanks.
It seems a typical EA mess up with that many different taxis.
I appreciate each and every thing you share with us and cant wait to see what else you bring to us.
Thanks again.
When I want to have different Hoods with different styles I have 3 users on my PC, so one users game has the Victorian Hood, normal and then without custom creations is the last one. Its easy for me that way.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 5th May 2008 at 11:16 PM
This is so awesome! Like others have said above me, these car replacements are making my medieval neighborhood a joy to play. Thanks so much for all your hard work!
Page 1 of 3