Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2008 at 7:58 AM
Swapping meshes???
Hello,

I want to clone and replace a Dino Dig with my own design, to make other Dino Digs. After this I wanted to find out if there is a way to take the mesh and replace a cloned ManHole as a landmark. I want this for a future video project, Is this possible? Can anyone direct me to the right tutorial? What do I need to do to replace ManHole mesh with a Dino Dig mesh? I tried to change the texture but all it did was replace the manhole itself so this is why I understand I need to swap the mesh as well.

Thankyou
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th May 2008 at 9:18 AM
ok, from that lot of words i have some idea of what you want to do. If you wish to replace it, just import the new mesh , and don't get a GUID for the new one. If you dont wish to replace it, get a new GUID aswell.
Hop i helped

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Fluffy
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th May 2008 at 8:07 PM
Gothika,

i'm having trouble understanding why you'd want to replace an object, rather than make a new one.
But the general idea for neighbourhood objects is the same as normal ones. So you can follow the Start to Finish object tutorial to a large degree, making your mesh and texture, and importing them.
The biggest difference is that instead of an Object Data tab, you have a Neighborhood Object XML file.

In that file, you'll have to make sure that the 'modelname' is correct, it should be the cres (i think), minus the _cres at the end, and plus ##0x1c050000! at the front
You can change the name and description if you want, and the guid.
What i do is clone some random maxis object in a test package and register a guid for that, then copy/past the newly registered guid in the xml file.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th May 2008 at 9:27 PM Last edited by G0TH1KA : 15th May 2008 at 3:40 AM.
pokedude9777 & Lethes, thankyou for the input.

I got a good start on some very new things now, if I feel these items will do good, I may uploaded them in the future, Thanks again guys you rock!!!