Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recolors for BibloFile and CinderBook books (and bookcase recolours too)

by plasticbox Posted 7th May 2008 at 12:14 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2009 at 3:31 AM by plasticbox

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 68 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th May 2008 at 8:09 PM
Terrific! I've always wanted more book recolors!
Inventor
#3 Old 7th May 2008 at 8:13 PM
Ooh, these are very nice!! Thank you so much, plasticbox! *big hugs*
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th May 2008 at 8:15 PM
Thank you! this looks way better and make my library more realisitic Thanks for sharing!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th May 2008 at 8:21 PM
Oh my gosh plasticbox, they're so cute! And crisp! And Simlish! And ....eeee!!

*downloaddownloaddownload*
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 7th May 2008 at 8:22 PM
Yay for books pulled out being in the bookcase. Yay for Simlish and sharp images! Thank you.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th May 2008 at 8:56 PM
what an awesome idea, can't wait to see it in game.
thank you!
Scholar
#8 Old 7th May 2008 at 9:15 PM
Now my Sims want to read books (before your release they prefered to watch tv ). Thank you

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th May 2008 at 9:26 PM
I...I just love you. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th May 2008 at 9:41 PM
i love the harry potter-esque 'lightning' book cover. everything looks fanastic...you should be proud thanks for sharing it!

swimming and simming and my puppy...the things that make me :)
love stefii
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 7th May 2008 at 10:48 PM
Oooh! Books! Simlish! Cute!!

Thanks, plasticbox.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th May 2008 at 10:54 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 7th May 2008 at 11:19 PM.
I've just updated the OP with a 4th retexture and also tweaked the other ones a little bit more (nothing major, just a few pixels here and there. This mesh is driving me nuts -- everything that fits on one side comes off on the other side and vice versa. And wtf is up with the err .. tops warped around the outside of the covers in the upper row?).

The new texture is probably best suited for very single-minded fortune sims, or perhaps for an office environment. Screenshot below =) you'll need to redownload the whole thing if you want only that, I've included it in the zips.
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 7th May 2008 at 11:26 PM
more book recolours were so much needed! thanks a lot!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#14 Old 7th May 2008 at 11:32 PM
Oh Yay! *Throws Confetti* This is so, so..erm, fabulous. Thank you for making an item that I always cringed at into something I will look forward to using. And Simlish...can't get enough of that in my game either.

*grabs the loot and runs away giggling*

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 7th May 2008 at 11:50 PM
you ROck! i love it. now my sims can have a bookcase like mine...cause thats what it looks like. (how'd you know?)

thank you bunches. i feel a new film/literature sim coming on!

Stewie (after tripping Peter): Ha ha ha, oh my God! I almost didn't do it, I almost didn't do it! I thought, is this in bad taste? But you know what, I went for it. I went for it and I'm so glad I did! Ooooh, worth it, totally worth it.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th May 2008 at 12:14 AM
Wonderful, I always thought the old books were washed out and dull too. These are a great alternative. I only wish I could use them for all my bookcases!
Scholar
#17 Old 8th May 2008 at 12:30 AM
Its a gorgeous work.Finally beautiful books with new textures.You have spoiled us.This creation is greatly appreciated.Thanks so much for sharing it.Big hugs.
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th May 2008 at 2:42 AM
Thank you for such a detailed set! Finally I don't have to look at those fug books anymore ^__^
Field Researcher
#19 Old 8th May 2008 at 2:46 AM
Thank you! Amazing!
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th May 2008 at 2:55 AM
This is fantastic - do you happen to know of any book-recoloring tutorials?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 8th May 2008 at 4:06 AM
This is awesome!!! Thank you so much for making this!
#22 Old 8th May 2008 at 4:43 AM
This is soooo fantabulous! This is so wonderful, thank you sooooo much! This makes me want to play the game, just to see how wonderful!!

Bites and Kisses
Vampire
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th May 2008 at 6:41 AM
most excellent dude, thanks v much :D

Money can't buy you happiness ...... but it CAN buy you lots and lots of chocolate !!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 8th May 2008 at 6:43 AM
Wow, these are awesome. Thanks bunches!
Alchemist
#25 Old 8th May 2008 at 7:18 AM
Great! Looks like it was meant to look. Why doesn´t an ingenius creation like this replace all the imperfection of how it was before?
Thank you very much!
Page 1 of 4