Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Multi-PT hack - with unique PTs! *now with default skin/eyes version*

by swampcandy Posted 19th May 2008 at 3:07 AM - Updated 31st Oct 2008 at 2:18 AM by swampcandy : added file; added prfile pictures of PTs

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th May 2008 at 1:53 PM
Nice. I never had aliens in my game before. I think it's time to change!
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th May 2008 at 3:21 PM
Will these "pretty" aliens play together with the other aliens made using Fwiffo's hack or will there be a possible conflict?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th May 2008 at 3:34 PM
Silent Defender: There will be a conflict between the hacks since the game will try to access them both at once. Sorry, but you will need to choose between the two.

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th May 2008 at 3:47 PM
Thanks for clarifying this.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th May 2008 at 3:54 PM
How difficult would it be for someone with absolutely no modding experience to edit this for their own personal use? I would love to make my own default aliens or at least add one more alien with the normal green skin and black eyes to your four here. Advice would be greatly appreciated. Or maybe if you're bored possibly just adding the regular alien toned and eyed pollinator?

--This signature has been tested on lab sims--
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th May 2008 at 5:27 PM
amy_su88, ti's not hard to change the aliens in the file already, but not even fwiffo could tell you how to add an extra. There is a picture-heavy post here that will tell you how to edit the file using SimPE. It took me half an hour to edit plus sim creation time.
I'm actually just about to edit the post to contain default-only versions of the same aliens for those who don't want the fantasy skins.

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th May 2008 at 5:54 PM
Lol, this is awesome. A few months back I had this EXACT idea, with the same skins and everything. I just didn't have the time to finish it. Thanks!
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th May 2008 at 5:51 PM
I'm saving this for my next neighbourhood. Thank you! I have a question, though: are the enayla skins geneticised? If not, is there a way for me to change that?
Not actually evil.
#10 Old 25th May 2008 at 6:29 PM
Sweet! Thanks for making the aliens not conform to human beauty norms. I want my aliens to look alien!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th May 2008 at 6:43 PM
Woo, Robyn, you're all famous and stuff! Nice job on these. I think I'm going to try them.

(simmiesworld)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th May 2008 at 7:37 PM
Oooh I LOVE #8! I may well download these once I start my new legacy!

Just a question, and pardon me for being a doofus, but can I have your replacement PT's (with the Enayla skins) in my game, and still keep my alien defaults for aliens from my old multi-pt hack? And my second question, to kind of add on to alya's, is: I assume the skins are geneticized, but are they townified? Because I'd love the genetics, but don't want the skins to randomly show up on townies/non-alien babies.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the dumb questions. :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th May 2008 at 7:51 PM
To Katuchan and alya: The hack does not allow for geneticised skins on the PTs, just a fact of its construction. No one really knows why yet (that I know of, anyway). If you geneticise the referenced skins, alien babies will show as S2 every time. I'm going to experiment with it a little more to give you both a better answer.
To just Katu: you will need to keep the skins/alien defaults the your old hack was using so that your aliens will show the genetics they always have
Thanks to everyone else for the love!

Field Researcher
#14 Old 25th May 2008 at 10:28 PM
@swampcandy: I presume these guys are easy enough to edit just to change the skins and eyes? I have geneticised versions of those same skins, and would love to use these instead - maybe use another alien skin (default?) for the last one.

Thanks for these though, they're great

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th May 2008 at 11:24 PM
Sadie79: You can ungeneticise the skins if you want to use the hack. If you want to edit the skins, though, you need to edit the PTs: the files with their numbers. It's really easy and that's how I made the defaults set. I figure if you're asking, you may know enough about SimPE to do it. If not, Google 'change sim skintone simpe' and you should easily find a tutorial.

Test Subject
#16 Old 26th May 2008 at 1:07 AM
Sadie79: Also, if you go to the link swampcandy listed for the tutorial, the girl who made it actually made a PT set with three of the aliens having those skins and the fourth using your default.

Edit: Oh nevermind... you want to use swampcandy's aliens with those skins. Forgive me. But, changing the skins out is easy. She taught me to do it, and if I can do it, anyone can.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th May 2008 at 2:39 AM
I'm so glad your Multi-PT set is working just fine!

Good job ^^
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th May 2008 at 2:53 AM
Simgaroop, thank you so much for your help with my set! If LJ had a Thanks button, I would click yours

Field Researcher
#19 Old 26th May 2008 at 3:27 AM
I still love cauliflower face. :3
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th May 2008 at 6:30 AM
...... *cries*
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th May 2008 at 3:36 PM
Thank you very much for your help. I'm definitely going to look into playing around with this. Thank you!

--This signature has been tested on lab sims--
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th May 2008 at 9:49 PM
I have a question. Are these PTs supposed to show up in family trees? Because I remember when I used Fwiffo's version they did, but with this version they aren't... :S

Other than that, I have to say I LOVE this! And PT-18 makes such cute kiddies!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 28th May 2008 at 2:00 AM
@SC: Yeah, I do know enough about SimPE to have a go myself, that's why I was asking Thanks, I'll have a play around

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 28th May 2008 at 12:03 PM
Sadie79: I meant to type in that post that you will need to test it with ungeneticsed skins. I was told that it won't work, so slight typo in my original comment to you.
Elaena: They should show up in family trees and did everytime when I tested :S Try deleting your cache files ad thumbnails and see what happens. I haven't heard of that problem :O But thanks!

Test Subject
#25 Old 28th May 2008 at 10:27 PM
I just tried that and it didn't make a difference. Oh well, it doesnt really matter to me, I still adore this hack!
(Though if anyone else has any suggestion on how I can fix the problem I'd love to hear them...)
Page 1 of 2