Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 926 times.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 5:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Original, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time
Default Why does my Sim's baby have a darker skintone than the parents?
Hi guys, I'm kinda hoping that if I ask for help here I'll get my problem fixed; the past two times my issue has not been solved.

Anyway, take a look at this picture.

The two adult Sims have just become parents to twin babies. My question is, why does the baby the Sims are holding have a darker skintone than their parents? It's not even the same colour as the other twin. And no, the mother never had an affair and I do have default replacements; they are HystericalParoxysm's Idoltary of flesh skintones.
Advertisement
Life is a lemon and I want my money back!
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 5:45 PM
Maybe he/she inherited it from a grand parent?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 5:53 PM
No, the parents were both made in CAS.
'Death, death, death' Until the sun cries morning
staff: retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 6:02 PM
Do you have custom skintones in game? Maybe there is a glitch of some kind and the baby is picking up the wrong skintone. A good test would be to backup the game and then remove all of your default replacement skintones and other custom skintones. Does the baby then display the same skintone as the parents?

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH Headlong Flight Performing Arts Award Star Rush OC
Please check out my profile policies before PMing me! Thanks.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 6:04 PM
I do have default replacements, they are HP's. I heard that they work by blending the skintones of the parents so the child could be inbetween; could there be a problem with that? :confused: I will have a go at removing the skintones though.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: administrator
#6 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 6:13 PM
It's possible I screwed up in geneticizing the skins - if you want to disable that, open the skins in SimPE, look at the Skintone XML resource, and change the line that says "genetic" to 0 (it'll be some number less than 1, like .1 or .5 or .9), then click Commit, and save - that will stop any blending. If the parents are using the defaults, though, that wouldn't be the issue, but if they're the non-defaults, sometimes things are a bit unexpected.

Y'sure the mailman isn't darker?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
YOUR BUTTHURT SUSTAINS ME.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 6:35 PM
I don't have SimPE and I can't download it just yet - my computer is shared and not mine to download stuff from the internet (except in-game downloads) without asking. So I'll have to get back to you regarding SimPE.

After removing your defaults, this is what the babies look like now (minus the adult male, he went to sleep).

And I'll have to investigate the mailman! Who knows what those darn Simmies do when I go and get a drink...

[On a serious note, I did check the family tree. The babies are definatly not related to the mailman :P]

Section jump