Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 4:43 AM Last edited by Rapsheba555 : 22nd Mar 2009 at 5:06 AM.
Fancy Arches in 8 Simple steps
First, what you'll need are these items:

invisible tile by frillen: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=253468

numenor's wallwindow arch: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=70222

Any arch of your choice, but I use the hobbit hole double arch(it should NOT be the round one, it looks like a normal arch): http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=84670

And it's white recolor: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=84706

Step 1.
Depending on your arch, this step can vary. But for this arch, raise a point of the terrain a few tiles away from where your arch will be 4 clicks

Step 2.
Draw a foundation around where your arch will be, making sure it starts on the raised point. Make sure to leave a 2 tile-wide walkway on either side of your arch!

Step 3.
Open the cheat window and enter "boolProp constrainFloorElevation false" press enter. Where your arch will be draw a wall on the foundation level, distorting the foundation. In some cases, this may not raise the floor tiles in front of and behind the wall. If this happens just draw a few walls under the floortiles you need raised, then delete the excess walls. Don't delete the ones where the arch will be, though!

Step 4.
Place 2 of numenor's arches (invisible color) on this wall, so it looks like it isn't there.

Step 5.
Draw a wall across the top of the foundation wall. Be sure not to flatten the bottom wall!! Place the hobbit hole arch (in white for this arch)
on the top wall.

Step 6.
To cover up those nasty floor tiles, place the invisible floor tiles on the 4 that must be removed.

Step 7.
Flatten the top of the foundation, including the wall with the arch in it.

Step 8.
SAVE! you don't want to loose this work. Open the cheat window and enter "boolProp constrainFloorElevation true" press enter. Open the window again and enter "move_objects on" press enter. Open the window once more and type in "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false" and press enter. Now, using the rustic column in white with stone inset (the tapered one with the stone inset at the bottom) place these at the corners of the arch, covering up the gap and completing the arch!

This is only one way to do this, so experiment, and try new arches. I just sort of threw this together one day, and it turned out pretty cool, so I though that I'd share it! There are pictures on this post to help you, and I labeled them so you can tell what step they are. And it IS fully functional if you do it right. Happy simming!

Last edited:Aug. 5: added pictures into the text
Aug. 4: added info to step 3

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 11:05 AM
I was trying to build a town hall with arches like this, and just couldn't figure it out. Not sure if I can bear to rebuild it now, but thanks for showing me that is IS possible.
Wiki Wizard
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 9:43 AM
Good tutorial Well thought out and explained

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Zombie Socks
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 12:53 AM
Oh man, I am so totally going to be overusing this tutorial from now on. Thank you!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Typical
#5 Old 5th May 2009 at 5:37 PM
Shubidee!!! It's brilliant!!!Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th May 2009 at 7:09 AM
wow, cool!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 2:32 AM
Hmmm, Anyone know if this works in TS3?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:40 PM
should work just fine.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 8:10 PM
Thank you! I 'm gonna make so really pretty houses with this!
Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 10:49 AM
Default Help!
I can't place a wall on top of the first wall, does anyone know how to fix this!