Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 8:59 PM
Default Bed for kids only
I have been trying to make a short bed that can only be used by kids.

The bed workes fine untill I try to have it for kids only.
Just unticking the boxes for adults in the TTAB gets me an error when testing. I also tried to leave the TTAB as is and try to have it check "am I a kid" in the BHAV but it still gives me the error.

Here is the error log:

Object id: 136
name: N001_User00276 - Sonja
Stack size: 12
Error: Motive number out of range or not an acceptable value.
Iterations: 1
Frame 11:
Stack Object id: 174
Stack Object name: Bed - Single - Expensive - E - Head
Node: 2
Tree: id 8219 name 'Bed Rel. - Adjust Ads - Sleep' version 6
from BedGlobals
Prim state: 0
Params: Locals:
Frame 10:
Node: 3
Tree: id 8193 name 'Interaction - Sleep - User Directed - TEST' version 19
from BedGlobals
Params: 0 Locals:
Frame 9:
Stack Object id: 0
Node: 0
Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0
from
Prim state: 1
Frame 8:
Node: 5
Tree: id 8201 name 'Routing - Goto Head of Bed' version 31
from BedGlobals
Params: 1 Locals:
Frame 7:
Node: 1
Tree: id 8202 name 'Sleep - Get In' version 37
from BedGlobals
Params: 1 5 Locals: 0
Frame 6:
Node: 11
Tree: id 8192 name 'Interaction - Sleep' version 48
from BedGlobals
Params: 5 Locals: 174
Frame 5:
Node: 0
Tree: id 8343 name 'Interaction - Sleep - User Directed' version -32759
from BedGlobals
Params: 5 Locals:
Frame 4:
Stack Object id: 136
Stack Object name: N001_User00276 - Sonja
Tree: id 281 name 'Wait For Notify' version 7
from global
Params: 0 1 Locals:
Frame 3:
Tree: id 8282 name 'Function - Main - Check Queue' version 45
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: 174
Frame 2:
Node: 2
Tree: id 8283 name 'Function - Main - Loop' version 90
from PersonGlobals
Params: -53 20 1 Locals: 0
Frame 1:
Tree: id 8193 name 'Function - Main' version 69
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: -53 20
Frame 0:
Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 2
from N001_User00276
Attached files:
File Type: rar  SolfalRetroKidBed0806.rar (225.6 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 11:26 PM
I have edited the TTAB, just like you mentioned, and then I tried your bed in my game (clean game with all EPs): no errors.

The fact that you get the same error both when modifying the TTAB and when editing the BHAV proves that the problem is external to the bed: I suspect a global mod related to sims or sleeping or beds (do you use the Insimenator or the Inteenimater?).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 8:37 AM
Hi Numenor!

Strange. I tried it out with an empty downloads folder and at first it seemed to work, but when I made the child use the bed again I got the error.
After some testing I tried to clone a new single bed, made the changes in the TTAB to get the adult not to be able to sleep in it and nothing more - I got the same error.

(I have only the base game at this computer)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 12:35 PM Last edited by Inge Jones : 6th Jul 2008 at 12:47 PM.
How does the bed behave when you have just cloned it (give it new GUIDs) but *before* editing any TTAB entries or BHAVs?

The line that is erroring *should* be referring to energy motive, which has been the same numbered motive in all EPs. It it's erroring, then I can only think you have that BHAV overridden by some custom content whose author has done something very strange indeed. Or who has added a motive adjustment for a motive only used in later games - though that shouldn't actually error, only be useless in basegame, as the data space has been reserved all along.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 1:00 PM
I was going to say it workes because I had my bed work before I made the changes but to be sure I recloned the bed and then I got another error "Too many iterations" ?
#6 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 1:11 PM
Well whatever is going wrong it's going wrong in the semi-globals - not in your bed. Have you tried a normal uncloned Maxis bed lately?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by solfal
I was going to say it workes because I had my bed work before I made the changes but to be sure I recloned the bed and then I got another error "Too many iterations" ?

Well I was a little too fast. I reused the same guid number twice in the recloned bed, thats why I got that error.

I made a new bed, tested in game in an empty downloads folder - it workes great.

Then I made the TTAB changes (Unticking adult, teen and elder) and tested again in an empty downloads folder. The kid could get to sleep, but when I did X the icon to stop the interaction, the kid got out of bed and I got the same error as above(Motive number out of....) . Strange isnĀ“t it?
#8 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 6:23 PM
It is very peculiar. The things going through my head don't apply - things like SimPE is writing back the TTAB wrong etc etc - because I looked at the semiglobal that's erroring and it's a line that should be running no matter what you did to the TTAB.

Did you do ALL the exact same things in the game with the unedited bed as the edited bed? Exactly the same sim and same situation?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 7:19 PM
Yes, I did exactly the same with the same sim
#10 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 9:04 AM
I have to admit defeat! I have no idea what the problem could be

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 4:23 PM
Well, thank you so much for taking your time to look at it!