Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Razor Wire Fence- for pixelhate

by jasonduskey Posted 6th Jul 2008 at 1:20 AM - Updated 18th Jul 2008 at 3:11 PM by jasonduskey

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 8:36 PM
Yay! First to post!
Great idea! I have been waiting to see if I could find one of these somewere!
Thank you
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 8:56 PM
Beautiful work! However, instead of making the razorwire mesh slinky shaped, like the actual wire, why not make it a tube? Then paint the razorwire on it (inside and outside), and have most of the texture be transparent? The poly count would go WAY down.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 9:44 PM
Cool beans, Jason! You know I'm going to be using this in my machinima comic book fan fic series.

I'm happy because there's a Sim of Sandrine Holt for The Sims 2.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 10:12 PM
Cat: Do you mean like Maxis does with deco plant shapes? I suppose it would work, but I'd have to learn the technique.

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 11:00 PM
wow thank you just what i needed

ChEeKyChArLiEm13 - New Owner Of CCM13 (Name Coming)
Scholar
#7 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 12:05 AM Last edited by pixelhate : 26th Jul 2008 at 7:11 PM.
I'm great full and honoured Oh yes, I was waiting for years to have razor wire in my game. It is exactly how I've pictured it. And now, thanks to you Jason, it's enjoyable by many.
You rock, Bro !

Cat: Nice idea. I'm ready to give a try to texture it, although, I fear distortion problems.
But we need a mesh...

More razor wire screenshots are visible here

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Not actually evil.
#8 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 12:25 AM
jason and pixelhate Yes, kind of like Maxis does plants. The mesh would not be complex at all, for the wire part. Just a cylinder, same radius as the razorwire coil, same length as a piece of fencing. The endcaps would be totally transparent. I bet pixelhate would draw a totally rockin' razor texture.

If fences can use bumpmaps, you could make textured pokey wire bits look more realistic, like your original mesh, not flat like a texture. And if not, pixelhate does amazing things with shading. Gosh, pokey wire bits doesn't sound hardcore at all. Nasty, razorsharp edges! Grrr. Argh!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Scholar
#9 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 9:44 AM
Isn't basegame + 1 Ep (any o f them) needed for a new fence to show ?

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 10:50 AM
This is great. Thank you so much for sharing.
Also, in view of that CatofEvilGenious said, I belive there is some razor wire mesh in the military career reward, maybe you could use that or just see how it's made.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 11:26 AM
thanks from the depths of my evil soul for this creation and all of your hard work

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 11:02 AM
I am sad to say that no fences, cloned from basegame fences or not, will require one expansion minimum.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 7:22 AM
Another way to model this is with planes (4-vertex polygons) that form a /\/\/\/\ or XXXXX pattern to greatly reduce the poly count from an actual modelled wire (which, by itself, can just be a single plane vs. a 3- or 4-sided+ "tube").
Instructor
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 10:11 PM
I love your advatar.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 3:14 PM
I got a bad feeling about my sims runing into it good work jasonduskey

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 11:10 PM
thanks pixelhate1 i need a yard for b ball, and some other stuff for my prison

i have a potential problem: being a demi god can cause headaches.
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 12:08 PM
Its great for construction sites...
dats all
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 12:53 PM
Now I can create my school, seriously
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 6:28 AM
could you upload this as a zip file please
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 8:47 PM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 3:53 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 17th May 2020 at 4:15 PM
how can I add the razor wire fence on top of existing fence? Is it even possible
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 4:26 AM
Perfect for defending my ceramic roosters from being stolen. 10/10