Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 9176 times. | Locked by: callistra Reason: Solved
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 11:31 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Original, Nightlife
Default Adding new family member
Using the base game with no extensions how might I add a new member to an existing family?

Robert
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: administrator
#2 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 12:52 PM
Create them in Create a Sim.

Move them into their own lot.

Strike up a friendship with them and someone on the lot you want them to move to.

Once the relationship is high enough, you should be able to invite them to move in.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 4:27 PM
Thanks for the reply but I have no idea how to strike up a friendship between 2 sims, nor how to even get them together in one place, invite one over or anything else, let alone how to invite them to move in.

In order to make the movie I want to make I just want to get all the song & dance over with and have 2 sims living in the same house right away. I'm not interested in playing the game, only in creating characters to film

Please assist in more detail.

Robert
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: administrator
#4 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 4:56 PM
Well with just the base game I don't think there is a much easier way. I know Uni will let you easily combine households, so you can just plop a sim into the existing inhabited house.

You might try Inge's teleporters: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 5:57 PM
My son did the same thing for a school project. Used sims people to act out a page from history. (Come out pretty cool too.)

You can have up to eight members in a house. Why not make eight family members right from the start? You don't have to set them to be "family" if you don't want to either.

Or... use that teleporter posted. (I use that ALL the time.)
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 1:35 PM
Ok, I have a problem...
Made a family. One of the daughters got married and moved out. Later I decided that I wanted to save the house I build for her and her husband. So I moved the house to the houseplace in the neighbourhood, you know? Anyway. The game asked me if it's alright that the family would lose any contact blablabla, I thought, ok, friendships are easy to make, so that's allright. But I didn't realize that she would not be part of the parental family anymore. So Her mom isn't her mom anymore and so aren't her daddy, brothers and sisters. I tried to get them back as a family by the tombstone (cheat-thing), trying add neighbor to family and than also let her do make me familychild, but that didnt work. Doesnt want to familykiss her parents, only the romantic thing and that's not good xD.
Can anyone help me repair the damage? Please! So once more, the problem:
Want the daughter to be part of the family again...
Help me...
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 6:37 AM
I don't understand how she no longer is part of her original family since she got married.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 10:22 PM
This question was resolved by using hysterical paroxysm's suggestion.

Problem solved.

Roberte
Closed Thread

Section jump