Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Four Sets Of Multi Pollination Technicians To Suit Every Taste

by Simgaroop Posted 9th Jul 2008 at 6:26 PM

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 12:40 PM
You did a great job on these!! I really like the all green set. Contemplating replacing my own PT set with it. I'll probably mix and match Anywho thanks for this!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 2:35 PM
Wow! This is awesome. If I ever get my laptop working again this is something I'd love to try. Great work!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 4:39 PM
Very well down! I'm going to go take a look at the tutorials now!

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Not actually evil.
#5 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 4:50 PM
Sweet! If you could get your journal entry w/ pictures put in the tutorials section, that would be great. Email the mods, they need to do it, we can't do it ourselves.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 9:11 PM
I downloaded the Graslaxian version a while ago but I haven't had an abduction yet. I really want to use it soon because Cosmo = sexpot. Thanks so much for sharing! I also can't wait for the next Broke update. (I'm simonym on lj if it means anything!)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 9:15 PM Last edited by silo pixel & bean : 10th Jul 2008 at 9:20 PM. Reason: wee typo
So cool! I didn't realize you'd made so many sets!

I think I'll grab them all (well, I already have the set you made for me). I'll swap out when I want something new. I could definitely see the Polychromatic set for my space station. And I love that you put Cosmo in the Graslaxian set. You rock!

Going to go check out your tutorial now...

coming to you directly from the mothership/make my funk the p.funk
Field Researcher
#8 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 12:41 AM
Wow, you uploaded them all here! I want to thank you again on your own post for helping me with my Multi-PT hack's issues. I really appreciated it!

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Scholar
#9 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 2:08 AM
Could You Tell Me What Skin Did You Use On Your Graslaxian Set's Picture's?

Yes My Avatar Is Of Two Guy's Kissing!What Are You Gonna Do About It?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChihoSan
You did a great job on these!! I really like the all green set. Contemplating replacing my own PT set with it. I'll probably mix and match Anywho thanks for this!

I knew I forgot something in my post!

Here are the converted GUIDS of all the PTs for those who'd like to mix them and create their own Multi PT set:

PT Ripp 004: 07 CA 48 00
PT Nervous007: 08 CA 48 00
PT Lilith005: 0A CA 48 00
Agent John Smith: 09 CA 48 00

Strelka black hair 0C CA 48 00
Blond Pushok 0D CA 48 00
Brown Dymka 0E CA 48 00
Red Ryzhik 0F CA 48 00

I also made a new version of the original Maxis PT, because for some reason if you add his GUID to the original hack it doesn't work in game. I'll attach him to this post in case someone wants to use him. He has no custom content and has the same face template.

Original Maxis PT: 0B CA 48 00

@ CatofEvilGenius: I'd love to share the illustrated tutorial in this site. I'll contact a mod and see if it's possible, although I should try to contact fwiffo too. It's his hack and his instructions and I only took some pics. It's a pity he seems to be retired, though.

@ TaylorGuy: I included that in my credits, but here's the link to my default alien skin:

http://hideki.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=103275

Everyone else: Thanks for the kind comments!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Maxis PT.rar (133.5 KB, 15 downloads)
Field Researcher
#11 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 7:18 PM
Funny, all this time I wanted a set just like some of these, because I loved all the wild Enayla skins and wanted variety of colors for my aliens. Now I've decided I like Maxis default. LOL
Well, I will be using your lovely Graslaxian set. I love the Broke legacy, and they are so unique and interesting.

My sims gaming journal. Not very informative.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
Scholar
#12 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 5:29 AM
Yay!Thank's For The Link And This May Make Look Stupid But What Eye's Did You Use For The Graslaxian Set Cause You Have To Eye Links??

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TaylorGuy
Yay!Thank's For The Link And This May Make Look Stupid But What Eye's Did You Use For The Graslaxian Set Cause You Have To Eye Links??

Looks like Rensim's Confutatis eyes, here: http://www.rensim.com/details.php?file=70 :D

coming to you directly from the mothership/make my funk the p.funk
Scholar
#14 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 9:01 AM
Thanks SiloI Was Confused Cause There Is Two Eye Links Up There And I Could'nt Figure Out Whice It Was!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TaylorGuy
Thanks SiloI Was Confused Cause There Is Two Eye Links Up There And I Could'nt Figure Out Whice It Was!

I'm sorry if the description was confusing. Yup, there are three eye links in there.

For the Maxian set, you need the violet, orange and yellow confutatis eyes from RenSim and the Jack's alien eyes by Silo Pixel and Bean.

You don't need to download eyes for the other alien sets, because they use whatever you have installed in your PC. Silo (thanks!) already gave you the link to the default eyes I use for my alien sims (the ones in the Graslaxian pics), so if you want your aliens to look like mine, yup, those are you need to download.

I hope that was clear now :S
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 4:25 AM
Ahh it's you! You helped me make my set, thanks again for that I love how different my Alien babies come out now!

For ramblings and rants of a bisexual chic with a odd sense of humor check out my "Myspace" http://www.myspace.com/bound_immortality

My Pet Peeve regarding some Simmers/Sites
Mad Poster
#17 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 10:56 PM
Add another Graslaxian downloader to your list! While Insim does a lovely job of fixing truly fugly aliens, I really would prefer to avert the problem in the first place, and was looking for aliens that would fit in with my default alien skin and eyes. So far, initial testing has been great, though unfortunately, it seems that if the Sim is already pregnant with the alien baby, this fix doesn't "take", so I will have to use Inism and do some extensive facial surgery just a little while longer.

No problem there.

Anyway, thanks for these defaults!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 1:09 AM
Oh, it's you with the Maxian Invasion story! I found it through someone else, and had a good laugh reading it - that "story" is awesome :D

I'm so glad you did a version with those different skins, too - I'll be downloading those immediately! Thankies! :D

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 10:01 AM
I must say, I love the choices. Thanks~

A winner is you.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 7:05 PM
I downloaded Multi_PT Polychromatic Edition and the corresponding mod Theo made for the alien eyes to show up correctly. But now newly made NPCs and townies are sometimes receiving alien eyes instead of normal eyes.

I want those who inherit the alien eye gene to receive the alien eyes, but otherwise I would prefer that they receive default eyes.

I know that this would be more properly addressed to Theo since that is his mod, but I saw no way to post on his site.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 6:31 PM
He said on his site that a package called Alien_Skins (or something like that) would unlock the skins in this way. Get rid of it if you don't want it.

Sadly Theo's mod doesn't work, as I've found out before. To properly make sure the eyes work with other skins, you have to edit the default eye replacement yourself. I actually made such a replacement using an eye I liked, which you can find here.

In addition, I came across a fix for the teen eye bug that hopefully will render contacts unnecessary for the teen years - you can find that here

Field Researcher
#22 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 5:12 AM
In Theo's fix, if you leave in the alien_skins file, then random townies would show up with alien SKIN. I made that mistake the first time because he changed the name of the file in the download from the one listed on the site and so I left it in. Then I removed that file, and made a new hood and now townies randomly show up with alien EYES, with regular default skins.

So yeah, the fix isn't what I hoped it would be. Thanks for posting the other fixes instead.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 4:45 PM
Yikes! I had no idea it would do that! No wonder it didn't seem to work - I'm glad I pulled it when I did.

You're welcome

Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 5:43 AM
i was wondering if the Maxian Invasion set will be updated 2 work with Apartment Life! I would love 2 use it in my game
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by krayzietc
i was wondering if the Maxian Invasion set will be updated 2 work with Apartment Life! I would love 2 use it in my game

As far as I know, it should work with Apartment Life, because I *think* the Maxoids didn't mess with the Alien code in this EP.

I haven't had an abduction in my game yet, but as soon as I get one, I'll let you know if there's any problems with it.
Page 1 of 2