Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

1948 Tucker Torpedo

by Fresh-Prince Posted 9th Jul 2008 at 10:12 PM - Updated 28th Dec 2008 at 6:37 PM by Fresh-Prince

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 1:29 PM
Wonderful classic car

But this design was a revolution at those days, or not? (same tragic story as the NSU Ro80 in europe!)

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 2:07 PM
I've played this car just a few minutes ago, its wonderfull!!!! Thanks for making it so quickly (I've requested it at thesims2carssource.com) It looks sooo cool!!!!

Musjes4
The Netherlands

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
(I'm one of the 2%, I don't smoke at all)

The only thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return. (Gaby, my sister)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 2:11 PM
It looks so pretty!!! Thank you so much for sharing.
Scholar
#5 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 2:45 PM
Beautiful - you did a wonderful job! thank you!
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 3:50 PM
Wonderful F-P, classics are your niche. keep up the good work

Mr. Simpson, we don't play god here.

What? you do nothing but. Just ask your Octoparrot.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 6:27 PM
wow, now THIS is different! Good job!

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 7:34 PM
Oh my GOSH! I LOVE this car!! Thanks so much for making it! Your the best!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 9:01 PM
Awesome! I don't usually download cars, but this is just too cool to pass up. Thanks so much!
Instructor
#10 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 9:23 PM
Cool car. Thanks!

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 9:36 PM
I'll need a 10 car garage if I want to be able to use th range of awesome cars you create, hmm with a big enough lot..
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 12:31 AM
how did you do suicide doors? you should teach Tre Zillah how to do it so the Rolls Royce Phantom will have suicide doors. this is just too cool. 20/10

My You tube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ferrariguy1000
Enjoy (Note: if you want to see the video log correctly, look at the bottom of the channel).
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 1:43 AM
Ooo, the Torpedo!

Any chance of some other vintage models in the future?

*Member most in need of spellcheck, period.
Zspace - An Animorphs Forum
Forum Resident
#14 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 5:12 AM
Superb!
WooW!
I'm amazed!
Now you are talking...
Screenshots

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vie
Ooo, the Torpedo!

Any chance of some other vintage models in the future?

There are hundreds of vintage models. BMW, Mercedes, Chevrolet, Packard, Delage, VolksWagen.... Name it and it must be out there. Most cars are modern, but have a good look and you should be able to finde older cars. Here at MTS2 there are several vintage cars, not just only this Tucker. At F-P's own site there are several older models. This link is to the Vehicles section: Vehicles

Musjes4
The Netherlands

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
(I'm one of the 2%, I don't smoke at all)

The only thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return. (Gaby, my sister)
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 1:11 PM Last edited by Rustavius : 12th Jul 2008 at 1:16 PM.
Hey, F-P, great job. Only 51 of these were made, and I believe 46 of them are still accounted for. We all know the story of the fraud case against Tucker, who claimed that this was "the safest car in the world." The truth was that the Hudsons were safer vehicles. Hudson was experimenting with seatbelts at this time, plus they had phased out the "suicide doors" featured on the Tucker. But the big difference in Hudson over other car makers for safety was "body-in-frame" construction. Everyone reading this knows how when you get into a car you step inside of the frame, which surrounds the passenger cage. Hudson invented this in 1947, brought to market in 1948. This allows the frame to protect drivers and passengers in accidents. Other makers were using "body on frame" where the body of the car was mounted above the frame. That's why other cars from this period had straight, flat floorboards without the indentation that modern car riders are familiar with.

This lesson in automotive history has been brought to you by a man who has way too much knowledge of useless facts (me).

P.S., since I brought up the Hudsons, any chance you might try a hand at making a 1953 Hudson Hornet (shameless plug)?

Putting the "fun" into "dysfunctional" since 1969!
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 10:46 PM
OMG! You are the KING of CC!

A soda a day keeps all the girls away.
Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 2:43 AM
WOAH! suicide doors? thats wierd and is kind of a Ugly looking car.......In a cool kind of way. Btw i am very impressed on how you are doing on the interior of cars. you are getting better by the minute. Thank you :-)

Holy Cow! Fry My Hide!

(\__/) (())
(=’.’=)//\\
(“)-(“)
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 9:35 PM
A Million Thanks!!!

The Tucker Torpedo has been my all time favorite car and now you've created it for my all time favorite game.

This car is going to look so sweet next to the vintage home that I'll be creating to go with it.

Thanks again!
Inventor
#20 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 2:45 PM
Thank you for this piece of Automotive history!

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#21 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 2:45 AM
I think about this car for a long time ago, because of his creation history. David against Goliath, but in this case the bad guys win.
Thanks a lot! you put a smile on my face FP.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 11:56 PM
I just ADORE when you (re)create these antique cars! They are SO beautiful! And our Sims still can use them, once that in the Sim World there isn't any fuel crisis!

Thanks, thanks, thanks a lot!!!! Please, keep (re(creating wonderful car from wonderful eras.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. (Oscar Wilde)
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 2:52 AM
you continue doing such wondrous creations, F-P!!! i just wish that my life was kind of simmish - like i want to have that in the real life!!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 5:19 AM
Wow, you just went from Fresh Prince to Fresh King in my books! Now you just have to make Christine (58 Plymouth Fury) and I will be overcome with joy!!!!!
Awesome job! My favorite sims have, like, four driveways on some lots because I can't pick just one of your vehicles!

Never burn bridges, you may need to cross them again! - Kalamity_Katie
Test Subject
#25 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 5:28 AM
nice classic car i have been trying to make a classic family so this is great

rememember there is no red in my world
these must be my tears.......
Page 1 of 2