Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wallet Token Controller

by christianlov Posted 12th Jul 2008 at 10:51 PM - Updated 25th Jul 2011 at 4:07 PM by christianlov : re-uploaded files

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 6:13 PM
"Give simoleons" -- wow =) you have no idea how much I wanted this! I won't be able to check it out in-game, unfortunately, but it sounds most awesome. Bookmarked. Thank you!

(From your screenshots, I take it that it "Give" uses the telephone dialogue to select a "target" .. is that so? If yes, have you ever thought about making it work just by clicking on another sim? I have no idea how feasible that would be, but it stikes me as the most intuitive way, given that you say it only works with sims that are on the lot. I don't mean to bug you with an unwelcome request here -- feel free to ignore me =) -- it's just that I've thought about this before, and that was the way I imagined it should ideally work. Perhaps with the waiter-tipping animation from NL as a cherry on top?)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 6:15 PM
Oh this is so great! Now when my rich sims break up, one doesn't have to be reduced to poverty while the other keeps the family fortune!! Thanks!!
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 7:10 PM
what a great idea! that's no surprize: ALL of your hacks are "da' bomb"!!
thanks

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Alchemist
#5 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 7:17 PM
OK! Thanks for this!! My sims will be throwing around with simoleons everywhere!
I´m so happy! Thanks,
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 8:59 PM
Fabulous, just like everything you make.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Field Researcher
#7 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 10:12 PM
Another great one - Thanks!

Question: this doesn't make the receiving sim think he's "earned" the money, right? (Like satisfying the want to earn $100, etc.).

You can never have too much yarn, fabric, or books.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 12:02 AM
Hey, this is a great Idea, Christianlov! Sometimes sims can use a little help from other sims. I love your ideas. I still use the period hack!

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Field Researcher
#9 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 1:28 AM
You rule! Thanks.
Instructor
#10 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 1:49 AM
Does this mean that parents can send money to Uni students? Sounds good to me!
Thank you - you have wonderful ideas for the game. :D
Instructor
#11 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 1:56 AM
How is this one different from the money order from J. M. Pescado?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 2:34 AM
Fantastic idea-I've got some overly wealthy sims who don't need all that money-there's gonna be a lot of depositing going on!
Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 6:13 AM
Another fine mod you have created and shared with us.
Thank You
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 9:46 AM
question: does this effect or interfere with monique's pc or pescado's checkbook in any way?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starrling
Another great one - Thanks!

Question: this doesn't make the receiving sim think he's "earned" the money, right? (Like satisfying the want to earn $100, etc.).

That's correct, it will not make the receiving sim think he's "earned" the money.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jjamaesmith
question: does this effect or interfere with monique's pc or pescado's checkbook in any way?

This will not affect or interefere with them (as far as I know).
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 9:58 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm glad somebody's thought to make this!- there's some sims I have that need to share the wealth with the rest of the neighborhood, if you know what I mean. I love you for this, seriously.
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 12:10 AM
Big thanks! It was driving me crazy that my grown kids of wealthy parents were out there in hovels. Like ol' Consort would let his little girls live in squalor..surely not! I could cheat them funds, but it's not the same...thanks so much.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 2:08 AM
Thank u Christian
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 4:58 PM
this is a great way to insure that my sims can refurbish there homes with the deposit :D, this is such a great mod christianlove <3, plus my college sims can deposit there hard earned moneyzzz
Scholar
#21 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 5:57 AM
Does this lose info of deposits on reset?
Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 1:44 AM
Christianlov, is there a way to have this mod withdraw in increments like the deposits do? I have a sim that I would like to withdraw small amounts at a time, but the way it is now it withdraws all of it.

Thanks for all the great hacks!
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 12:33 PM
Sounds nice, but i think i won't use it, because i would only need the "send money" feteaure and therefore i've got a better thing.
It's a checkbook by http://www.simwardrobe.com
Sorry if i destroy all your work, but in my opinion a checkbook that really creates checks is much bettter than a plant that is used as token.
That's my opinion, SimSanta1992

If I was able to use img-tags here, you would see my personal 275px × 42px signature...
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 9:52 PM
Thanks sound like another of your great mods. I just cannot find it in my game what object controls it?

If GOD is your Co-Pilot you are in the wrong seat.
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 5:58 AM
I just wanted to make a quick comment, this item looks great, but you should consider making the "wallet item" an ATM machine, then it could be used on Community Bank Lots.

Thanks, the item is great.

Life is too short to drink cheap wine
Page 1 of 2