Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 3:12 AM
Default Repository Counter Problems
I am trying to make a set of counters use the repository method. It's a pay set that I'm doing for personal use (several counters with 14 recolors apiece... NO), the set can be found at:
http://simplan-x.com/pages/themes/s...y/kitchen1.html

Anyway, I've successfully made other objects use the repository technique in the past, though this is my first time with counters.

I've gotten the counters to the point where the slave counters pull the default color and show the recolors appropriately. Here's the weird part though... when I use the design tool, the preview of the slave counter shows correctly, but when I actually place the counter, only the countertop changes color. And, even more strangely, it only changes color when I select a new counterfinish color. The countertop becomes the color that the doors should be, while the bottom of the counter doesn't change at all. Obviously I've got my wires crossed somewhere, but I can't find it, despite repeating the process a couple of times. I have an e-mail in to the original creator, hoping she'll let me share my modified files for help, but in the meantime, does anyone have any thoughts? I'd appreciate any input.