Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim's Globetrotter

by hexameter Posted 16th Jul 2008 at 1:10 PM - Updated 5th Jan 2009 at 11:51 PM by hexameter : Added some hints of explanation

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 11:39 AM
Wow, this looks fantastic. I'll definitely check it in game when I get home. Form your despription it appears that sims can drive within a lot as well, am I understanding this right?
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 12:08 PM
Hi. If I download the Globetrotter-campingarea.rar, will my Sims be able to drive it from city to city, or is just used as a tent, putting the van inside a lot? Can I put both "campingarea.rar" and "drivableBV.rar" in my game?
Loved this idea, congrats, your work is beautiful!
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 1:47 PM
Most excellent idea, Hex! Looks great!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:09 PM
Thank you so much! It looks great, I'm going to go try these out right now!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:53 PM
Wow this is simply amazing! Thank you !
Scholar
#7 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:22 PM
You always come up with really great and different vehiles. Super job on this Hexameter! Thanks so much for sharing you hard work with us.
Instructor
#8 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lempika
Hi. If I download the Globetrotter-campingarea.rar, will my Sims be able to drive it from city to city, or is just used as a tent, putting the van inside a lot? Can I put both "campingarea.rar" and "drivableBV.rar" in my game?
Loved this idea, congrats, your work is beautiful!

I think what the creator means is, you can basically use it as a prop and make it seem (in a story) that they drove to whatever place you sent them to go on vacation.

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 5:22 PM
~You freakin rock,thankyou~
Not actually evil.
#10 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 5:58 PM
Thanks for the added functionality of the tent, that's very nifty and appropriate.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Alchemist
#11 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 6:59 PM
Looks very comfortable and fun! Thanks,
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 7:48 PM
Fantastic!...Thank You!!!
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 8:14 PM
*Enters Adam from Mythbusters mode*... WOW, that is AWESOME!!!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 6:08 AM Last edited by caddy_lincoln : 19th Jul 2008 at 5:56 PM. Reason: remove image link
Woow!

Now every sim in my game can be a happy camper!

Thanks for sharing!

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 11:26 AM
yay, thats awesome, hexameter!!! always wanted something like that! thanks so much!!!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 2:40 PM
Thank you for your creation, and congratulations. The detail inside the vehicle is amazing. To improve the camper (the tent clone), I tried something: using the moveObjects cheat, I placed a public toilet and a communal shower inside the camper, facing back, and also put an invisible fence to stop the sims from walking across it but leaving a one-tile access from the back. That way their use of it as a real camper is more complete, I think. The view of the interior is not altered too much. Basically, the sims use the facilities when they have to, but they can also be accessed from beneath the camper.
Now, maybe some talented modder might add the menu options of using the toilet and having a shower to the vehicle itself, because it is definitely worth it.
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 5:24 AM
this mod is one of the better ideas i've seen, and i like it. now my sims can drive around and still have part of their house with them. U should make another one with more upgades and a new body style!!!!! THANKS !!!!!!!!
Scholar
#18 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 1:16 AM
I Have Been Looking for One of These! Awesome! Here, Many now Go Camping in Campers, so This Will Add Much Realism to My Game! ThankYou Very Much!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Instructor
#19 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 7:37 AM
I've wanted something like this ofr a long time. Thanks!
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 12:27 PM
WOW hex, what a nice summer surprise and what a perfect opload just as we go on vacations Now my simmers can go Autocamping too.. woohoo! Can't wait to see it in game ..hehe ..A nice touch with the numberplate Great work hexameter, and many thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#21 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 11:27 PM
Mein lieber Schwan, das hast du dich aber selbst übertroffen... !!
Gruss Ribot

Visit now the RibotLABS inc.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 1:09 PM
Brilliant idea!, and nicely rendered too! - very useful!...

Thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share with us!.

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 1:45 AM
Road Trip! XD

Thanks for sharing, I love it. My aunt's friend loves to camp, and has her own trailer.

Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 1:48 PM
I love it! Now I can camp everywhere and that's great! thank you for such a great idea!
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 10:40 PM
realy coool

I can do anything for anybody but i can only go to a great exstent
Page 1 of 2