Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

4 Fledgling Flats (modern base-game no-CC starter)

by Mootilda Posted 26th Jul 2008 at 10:27 PM - Updated 29th Aug 2008 at 12:26 AM by Mootilda : updated with new search parameters

7 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts
Site Helper
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 6:23 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 27th Jul 2008 at 7:59 PM.
Default Carpet in bathroom
Quote: Originally posted by MTS2 Staff
Sorry if I'm nit-picking, but could you try and use tiles or something for the bathroom floors in the future (perhaps in the kitchen as well)? The rooms are small, so it shouldn't cost a lot more -- and in my eyes it would make the lots look much more realistic. I have never seen a carpeted bathroom in RL .. but perhaps I'm wrong and it does exist, then feel free to ignore me =)
Believe it or not, I've actually lived in two different houses in the U.S. that had carpet in the bathroom. They weren't even "starter homes", but fairly large nice new homes in good neighborhoods.

I suspect that the builders were trying to save money whereever they could, and in these particular areas, people let them get away with it. Possibly because house prices were high and people wanted to keep house prices down, too.

Mind, I absolutely hated having carpeting in the bathroom. But, when I asked friends who had lived in the area much longer, they told me that carpeted bathrooms were just fine with them. I suppose that you can get used to anything, and carpet does have the advantage of being much warmer than tile. Luckily, my poor sims seem to have the same attitude as my friends.

If people really hate this, they can use some of the money left out of the $20K starter money to upgrade the flooring. Or, let me know what you think by posting here and I'll change the flooring in the bathroom and / or kitchen if enough people want it. Be sure to let me know where you'd prefer to save money.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 8:57 PM
Carpeting in bathrooms is not that unusual in the U.S. I have 2 bathrooms in my very own house that were once carpeted (before my kids ruined them, LOL). My in-laws also have carpeted bathrooms. Heck, even their kitchen is carpeted with a low pile carpeting.

See my blog for my very latest lots, including some that are not available on MTS2: Twoflower's Sims 2 Lots. Also, see what's happening in Apple Grove, my Prosperity Challenge neighborhood.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 10:19 PM
I've never seen carpets in bathrooms or kitchens in Canada. I was surprised when we moved to the States and they seemed fairly common.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 3:38 AM
I love carpeted bathrooms, and my sims bathrooms are always carpeted as well.

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
Site Helper
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 8:00 PM
It's decided. The carpeting stays. Thanks for the opinions.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 4:26 AM
Same here, I lived in a place that had the same carpet in the master bathroom as was throughout the rest of the house (less the kitchen and hall bathroom)

I hated it, to be honest, because I had a garden tub that saw plenty of splashing, and I kept using towels to soak it up.. I'm rambling, nice place, and it doesn't matter because flooring can easily be replaced.

Thanks, Mootilda!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 11:23 PM
Another garage--makes me happy!