Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Seasons conversion meshes, made to blend with Maxis.

by Layana Posted 18th Aug 2008 at 1:32 AM - Updated 24th Apr 2009 at 4:58 AM by Layana

9 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 2:16 AM
oh thank you for these *-* i really like this age conversions that blend with maxis! thank you so much!

hi!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 5:28 AM
These are amazing!!

Are you planning on converting the rest of the melodie9 meshes too? I think you've done most of the girls except a few but I'd love to see the male meshes "familiefied" too.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 8:02 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news again since I really love what you're doing, but I found a few errors in the linking with this batch.

Ponytailbanks:
Transitioning from Toddler or Teen to Child with the red recolor causes it to choose a Maxis hair instead, although the child version is an option and transitions correctly to both Toddler and Teen if you start by selecting the style as a child. It will also switch back to the correct hairstyle on the teen if you age from Toddler to Child to Teen (or vice versa), even though it shows incorrectly during the Child age.

Sweep:
The red recolor has the same problem with the Toddler and Teen transitioning to Child, but also has the same issue when transitioning from Child or Adult to Teen.

Updoo:
All four colors resort to a Maxis style when transitioning to Teen from either Child or Adult. The black recolor also has the same problem when transitioning from Toddler or Teen to the Child age.

I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining, just thought you'd want to know! Is there a tutorial somewhere for how to link them? If not, maybe you could write one so that other people can help with it so you don't have to do so many yourself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 8:53 PM
Miss Puff I'm not having any of those problems in my game. If you can tell me what games you have installed, and which hair they're switching to, that will help me find the problem. If the hairs aren't switching to the same one every time, please tell me that too.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 9:59 PM
Weird, I went back to check and some of them seemed to have stopped reverting to Maxis style, but then I came back after looking at some other stuff (other hairs and clothes) and they started reverting again, but sometimes in different places this time. The ponytailbanks goes to the "bun" style and the other two both go to "meg". Both of these are ones you mentioned had the family group problem in the other thread - could that be part of the problem? I double checked and I definately do have the new family fixes installed, they're in the same folder as the meshes and recolors in downloads. Also, I'm checking them in game, not in bodyshop, and I have all expansions and stuff packs.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 11:17 PM Last edited by Layana : 18th Aug 2008 at 11:32 PM.
Thank you for your help, I found the problem and now fixed it. Please redownload.

Edit: Whoops! Skipped an important step, now redownload.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 2:57 AM
Just got around to checking the update and they all work fine now, except for the red updoo recolor. The toddler to teen hairs don't link at all with the the adult and elder ones, or to the other 3 recolors of that style.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 6:33 AM
What would I do without you, Miss Puff? Thank for your help, fixed it now.
You might want to download the Uni ones again too, if you have those. They had the same problem.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 8:20 PM
Yes! Thank you for these!