Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 9:09 AM
Default what makes this spin??
this light spins on its own even if you clone it and change it will still spin. i have yet to figure out what is making it spin. i'm trying to transport the spin into other objects like a 1 tiled floor lamp but have yet to succeed. as far as i can tell the parts LIGHT and INLIGHT make it spin. looked at the txtmt didint find anything there to explain why it spins. any help?

http://momupload.com/files/105733/rotatelight.zip.html
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 11:47 AM
It keeps telling me that I've been given the wrong link. Can you attach the file directly to this thread?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 4:06 AM
odd it worked for me?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  rotatelight.zip (95.2 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 1:21 PM
It's this line in Function Main that's doing it:

[prim 0x0069] Animate Object (My object id, "o-lightingCeilingBall-spin")

If you want to add it to a different object, you'll also need to pull in the event functions.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 1:34 PM
how do i do that?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 1:50 PM
What? Pull in event functions? You export them to a file, then import them into your new file. If they have any instance ID conflicts you'll have to fix those manually though.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 2:13 PM
i dont understand how to do any of that. i'm not a hacker
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 3:55 AM
You might need to look into BHAV mods then. It's the BHAVs that are making it spin.