Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Uber-Megahood: All Maxis Neighborhoods in One (Megahood + Belladonna Cove)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 13th Sep 2008 at 9:11 PM - Updated 29th May 2015 at 2:33 PM by Nysha

383 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 322 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 16
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 9:31 PM
cool, thanks

Head Of Staff @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out

Check Out My Sims 3 Houses @SimsArtGallery
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 9:41 PM
Impressive work there HP, going to test it once I've finished downloading it.

I'll let you know if there are any bugs.

*Member most in need of spellcheck, period.
Zspace - An Animorphs Forum
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 9:51 PM
Well, thank you !
But, I've noticed some bugs in other languages than English. My game's French, and sorry for my English, I'm not.
Some parts of the Megahood are in English (likes description of families that don't live in Belladonna Cove, names of hoods, names of families) and other parts are in French. I have to modifiy these things in SimPE... but it's juste a fool game.
Can you fix it ? Well, it will be a hard work (there's so many and many languages, uuh... 25 !). But good luck.
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 10:01 PM
Thanks, I deeply appreciate your hard work. Especially after reading how hard it was to do it.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 10:11 PM
timoram26 - I don't know other languages (besides a little Dutch), and honestly, I really don't have any interest in messing with that stuff. I also don't even know how that could be affected by what I've done considering the only thing I've really done is stuck everything together - I didn't modify any text lists that would change the names or descriptions at all.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 10:21 PM
Oh wonderful! I'd been waiting on this for a while...too lazy to do it myself. Thank you!
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 10:31 PM
Thank you HP. This is very cool.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 10:41 PM
Wow! Great job! As far as I know, expansion packs have brought three new 'hoods for a total of 6 if one has all the expansions. Could you make on megahood without Freetime? I don't have it but really want to have all 'hoods. :D
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 10:51 PM
SimsPhenix - No, but you're welcome to do a version yourself.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 11:01 PM
Just want to say a big Thank you as well, and two questions as well. One is when you say no shopping does this include adding a downtown or just bluewater districts? The other is who is better: Picard or Kirk?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 11:11 PM
crystyl - You can add downtowns, universities, or vacation destinations. Just no shopping districts.

In a fistfight, Kirk. For everything else, Picard.

Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 11:21 PM
Awesome thank you so much i love your megahood so i know will love this uber one also
Field Researcher
#14 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 11:31 PM
I wonder how many times you'll have to answer, "Can you do this without...?" lol. This is great HP. Thank you
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 11:41 PM
Hey there.
I just wanted to thank you for your absolutely amazing work.
Thank you for your huge efford and time spend on making this for us.
Not only this one, but everything else you have made for us.
I marvel at your brillance and thank the higher powers for you being here.
May the game be just as fun for you as it is for us.
And may life be wonderfull for you, full of smiles and laughter.
Again thank you.
Think you needed that and you deserved it.
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 11:51 PM
So many, at least 20, hugs!
Instructor
#17 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 12:01 AM
Hi, thanks! Can you do this without Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville please?
Sorry just kidding I had a lot of fun with your last megahood, but due to a totally FUBAR game I had to do a complete reinstall of everything before installing AL.
I hadn't gotten around to reinstalling your last Megahood. So when I spotted this I had to download it. So, thanks again

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 12:11 AM
Ooooh! Thank you VERY VERY much!!! I was just debating on if I wanted to try to do this on my own now I dont have to!! *downloads and runs off to play*
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 12:21 AM
I've been lurking around here and the MATY thread to check out on your progress. Let me say that I am astonished by your dedication and that you found a very smart workaround for the apartment issues. Boolprop is a saviour when you don't have SimPE
I sincerely thank you for this and hope you'll enjoy playing the uberhood as much as I will.
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 12:31 AM
Test Subject
#21 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 12:41 AM
cool, i have a question:

would i be able to put all the sims from belladonna onto a lot (teleporter shrub and tombstone)
then transfer all those sims onto a 'downtown' that was added to the megahood?

or will that make a black hole bigger than CERN?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 12:51 AM
icy_bliss_magic - I would strongly recommend against it. If every sim that all of those sims knows is on the lot (i.e. you check their relationships for ALL of them, and every single sim they know and are related to is on that same lot) then it could work... But that's a could work, not a will work. Moving sims from one neighborhood to another is generally a very bad idea. I think if you really want the BDC sims, best to wait till SimPE is updated (or get the QA version) and just export their appearances.

Test Subject
#23 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 1:01 AM
Thank you so much for this. I really enjoy having all of the different sims from the various hoods be able to interact. :D
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 1:11 AM
OMG it is done!, i will download it! But first a question, in this Uber-hood i have to fix the Gustav's Grocery like the other one Megahood??
Test Subject
#25 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 1:31 AM
Thank you so much
I've really been waiting for it- I'm too unsure to do it myself.
Page 1 of 16