Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 10:02 AM
Default Question about my new object in neighborhood view...
Okay,

I hope this is the right place for this question. This is going to be a little tricky to explain, but I will try. I am creating an object that must protrude through the roof of a building. I have tried a few different base objects to create my clone from. I've tired a statue and a painting for my clone. I see my new object just fine when I am on the lot, but, in neghborhood view, the part of the object that protruds is gone from the building. It looks great when on the lot, but I would like it to be fully visable in the nieghborhood view. Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this?

Kevin

[COLOR=DarkRed][I]I think that the only real way to be hypocrisy free is to stand up for nothing…and I’d rather deal with sometimes being a hypocrite than wake up one day, prostrate in my own apathy.
. *Me*
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 11:35 AM
Fortunately, Jasana knows how to do this!

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=195136
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Fortunately, Jasana knows how to do this!

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=195136

I tried this tutorial. It was very difficult to follow, due to language barriers, I think. I'll try it again.

[COLOR=DarkRed][I]I think that the only real way to be hypocrisy free is to stand up for nothing…and I’d rather deal with sometimes being a hypocrite than wake up one day, prostrate in my own apathy.
. *Me*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 6:05 PM
No success. I can't even get past adding the entery to the GMND. It does not explain how to add the "tsDesignModeSlaveSubsets" to the "cDataListExtension" once you have created the new entery. If anyone has had this issue with objects needing to protrude through a roof in neighborhood view and knows how to fix it, please help.

. *Me*
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 7:31 PM
Why don't you clone a column -- most (all?) are already set up to be visible in the neighborhood view. That way you don't have to add that LOD90 stuff -- it is already there.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
Why don't you clone a column -- most (all?) are already set up to be visible in the neighborhood view. That way you don't have to add that LOD90 stuff -- it is already there.

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried the column for my clone and ran into the same issue. Visibale while on the lot. Invisable in the neighborhood view. When I use the wall painting for my clone, the bottom half (The section vissable on the outside of the building, is vissable in neighborhood view, but the top half, which sits on the roof, disappears.

. *Me*