Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Espresso Machine Mapping Fix

by Menaceman44 Posted 29th Sep 2008 at 5:40 PM - Updated 10th Dec 2008 at 5:43 PM by Menaceman44

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 6:01 PM
It amazes me that Maxis, an international empire can't fix thier own problems half the time. They either have to steal from modders or modders fix everything themselves.

Thankyou
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 7:28 PM Last edited by DOHC46 : 29th Sep 2008 at 7:29 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sadly, G0TH1KA, "Maxis" doesn't exist anymore, so we need modders like Menaceman44 to fix the lazy garbage EA programs for us. All EA Games are bug-riddled glitchfests. All of them. Thanks to Menaceman44 for his dilligent bug-squashing!

The height of innovation sometimes comes at the peak of laziness.
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 8:29 PM
What to say that hasn't been said before? Thank you, once again. I'm sure EA will keep you busy for quite some time, after all, Apartment Life just came out.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 9:09 PM
And boy have I been trying to fix errors in that. There's a text error I know of but haven't looked into yet and a text error from FT that I still haven't managed to fix yet.
Its to do with wants text which doesn't seem as easy to override.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#6 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 2:21 AM
As always, you are a genious. Thanks for your diligence. Good thing I don't have AL and wont get it.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 5:16 AM
I am so happy that there are people like you out there to fix the things that EA should be taking care of but don't.Greatly appreciated work!Thanks!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 7:03 PM
Thanks Menaceman! You're the man!

It's so annoying, all those errors.
In the Dutch version of AL I already found two typos, like an 'o' too much and a 'l' where it doesn't supose to be. It's just like they typed it too fast. That's not where I want to pay that much for!
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 9:58 PM
I'm glad these fixes are existant! I'm pretty OCD when it comes to certain things, like what you just pointed out (typos, however, I can deal with unless it's really crappy grammar. ie: ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US. That one drives me insane!)
THANKS!

Sims 2: The best game ever.
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 1:15 AM
I was making a coffee shop the other day for my sims and this annoyed the crap outta me! Thank you so much! Now I can go back and finish my building! =)
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 3:12 PM
hi everyone, does this mod work with al?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 12:13 PM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 31st Oct 2008 at 12:21 PM.
Actually, it was not the espresso machine but the whole Club counter set which was meshed wrong. In fact, the espresso machine was the only piece EAxis got it right.

To freely mix & match base and countertop without losing a seamless look, the front trim and corner trim should conform to base texture. Instead, it conforms to countertop texture, thus severely limiting its usefulness. To achieve a seamless look, you can only match a certain top with a certain base.

Havelock posted a new fix for Club counter and island mesh, which will be included in the upcoming version of CEP. (The commercial corner counter fix was already incorporated into CEP-Extra.) The front trim now uses the base wooden texture.

Screenshots

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 4:14 PM
Well, I suppose at least now people have a choice at which way round they want it.

And Kims Killing, this still works with AL if you still decide you want to use it.

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 7:06 AM
thanks for this new appliance

Sunflower28
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 1:21 AM
Is it just me, or is that counter floating? It definitely doesn't align with the real counter beside it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 10:18 AM
The coffee counter is shallower than the regular kitchen counter. They line up fine. It's just a trick of the eye in these screenshots.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 8:33 PM
Thank you ! :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 5:11 PM
Fantastic! Thanks Menaceman!