Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Trompe-l'oeil" Painting-TV *UPD 06oct2008*

by Numenor Posted 5th Oct 2008 at 10:43 PM - Updated 21st Oct 2008 at 12:17 AM by Numenor

85 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
#2 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 10:47 PM Last edited by JLonier : 6th Oct 2008 at 8:13 PM. Reason: Removing bits that are against forum rules
Thanks!
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 10:50 PM
brilliant Perfect for putting over the fireplace.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 11:07 PM Last edited by simsample : 6th Oct 2008 at 9:53 PM. Reason: I was here before all of you!
Thanks very much!
As always:an exclusive, smart object.
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 11:11 PM
This is a fantastic tv/painting/fantastatvpainting. Thank you for creating and sharing this!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 11:23 PM
Yessss! Now my luxurious witches and wizards can watch "TV" without me bitching about how unrealistic it is. Numenor, you're a genius -- I can only imagine all the work that went into this. Thanks so much, this is great for Victorian-era houses and whatnot.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 11:27 PM
Numenor,

It makes me wonder of the possibilities...

...like the paintings in the HarryPotter movies
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 11:27 PM
Awesome, now my historical sims won't get bored!
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 11:28 PM
What a wonderful and surprising creation.
Its just a great addition to any Sim's homes.
May I say your talent is so creative and so appreciative.
Thank You
Field Researcher
#10 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 11:28 PM
Wow this is such a great idea!! you are very very clever, thank you so much for all the hard work and for sharing your creations.
Instructor
#11 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 11:42 PM
This is FAB! I love stuff thats a little out of the ordinary :lovestruc
Thankyou!
Eminence Grise
#12 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 11:47 PM
Just one comment -- now that I've used it cost is $0, which means it doesn't satisfy sims' wants to buy an expensive TV. Any chance of changing that?

Also... it can't be moved up and down using the AL keys. No idea if THAT'S changeable or not, but it would be awesome
Scholar
#13 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 11:50 PM
Thank you! I rarely ever place a TV in one of my victorian homes or castles because I don't think they go with the look I want to accomplish, but this is perfect.

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Instructor
#14 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 11:51 PM
Will your talent Ever stop amazing me ?!?!...I think NOT!! ...Too Cool a must have fo rsure and thanks for sharing :D

"Inspiration,It comes not when you want it.But when you least expect it to!"
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 1:18 AM
Thanks loads -- I hate the look of a TV and don't have one in my real living room, but my simmies do like it so!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 1:59 AM
Oh wow! T'is AMZAZING! Thanks so much

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside. - Stewie (Family Guy)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 2:23 AM
What a wonderful, versatile idea! Thank you so much for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 2:23 AM
This is awesome, it matches the painting from AL, don't you think?

Thank you for this "piece of art" :p

The Tipton Hotel,Is Coming Soon To MTS2,6 Floors
G/L:Ground Floor,Lobby
3-6:Suites & Rooms
M:Mezzanine,Karaoke Bar & Theatre.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 2:25 AM
Thank you so much! I have, in the past, used Sgooby's Expensive TV with the fancy frame, but, like you said, the screen was just a big blank whole in the wall when off. I guess this solves that problem. Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 3:20 AM
Wow - very very cool. Thank you!
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 3:26 AM
Excellent work yet again, Numenor! Finally my castles, mansions, vampire dens, etc. won't have to look retrofitted with modern technology!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 4:01 AM
I love this, wish I had in RL. Thanks
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 4:19 AM
This is great for my mansions, you always give us what EA does not. I bow down to you in your awsomeness!!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 4:36 AM
You are a mod god! Thanks for creating yet another wonderful thing for our games,
esp thanks for sharing it with us! This actually made me sqeeeeeee!

You can find some of my older houses HERE
Mad Poster
#25 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 5:39 AM
ah, c'est tres beaux. Merci, monseiur.

Or, thanks! This rocks!

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Page 1 of 4