Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Modular Stairs Passage Fix

by Lord Darcy Posted 14th Oct 2008 at 10:42 PM - Updated 24th Jul 2011 at 8:02 AM by Lord Darcy

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 11:15 PM
Oh what a stupidly simple fabulous thing!

Thank you Lord Darcy!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 11:30 PM
WTF I was never aware that Sims can walk through underneath these Holy Smoke stairs!!? O_O Well that opens up a whole great bunch of new possibilities, thank you for mentioning it!!! ^^"
I'm now grabbing your awesome fix ^^ - not sure if I can actually use it bc I have one or two downloaded ones which I really use CONSTANTLY and I have no clue about BHAVs and stuff but anyway ^^
Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 1:14 AM
It's about time someone fixed this...thanks!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 1:53 AM
Good fix and needed. Thanks
Theorist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 2:44 AM
Thank you!!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 3:49 AM
You make our game just so much better with your fine tuning...thank you!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 3:07 PM
Lord Darcy fixes again! Thanks, Lord Darcy!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 3:43 PM
Er... did you know that you are my hero? No seriously - great mod! And did not know that you could walk under the holy smoke stairs either - so thanks for teaching me something new too!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 6:54 PM
Hurrah! Thanks for this! *Downloads the "all" mod* :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 3:08 AM
Thanks for this, this is great!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 4:11 AM
What would we do without you? Oh Lord, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 8:52 AM
Yesss, thank you so much!!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#14 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 10:12 AM
Hi - great mod - is this compatible with crocabauras open underneath maxis stairs fix? See thread below.

http://nene.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=233769
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 11:12 AM
This fix is only for Maxis modular stairs. Like centerpiece BHAV, you have to add "CT - No Supports?" BHAV to custom stairs. I already asked crocobaura about this issue in this thread.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#16 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 11:31 AM
Thanks for fast reply - do you advise to wait for crocobaura to implement the mod or should I have a go myself? I am a SimPE newbie, but I used the fridge BHAVs tutorial you wrote and that was a success (thanks for that, by the way)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 11:47 AM
Thank you for this LD!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 1:07 PM
Simply brilliant. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 1:23 PM
can we place objects under the stairs now, or is it only for walking?

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(''')(''')
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
do you advise to wait for crocobaura to implement the mod or should I have a go myself?
It is very easy to implement this mod in custom stairs. I already wrote how to do it in the main post.

Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
To fix the custom modular stairs in the same way, extract one of "CT - No Supports?" BHAVs from this mod, add it to your custom modular stairs, and change the group to 0xFFFFFFFF.

Quote: Originally posted by Sweet&girly
can we place objects under the stairs now, or is it only for walking?
Even without this mod, most objects are usable when you force them under the modular stairs with moveobjects cheat on. But there are some exceptions like bookcases. Without this mod, Sims will complain route blockage when they're trying to reach bookcases placed under the modular stairs.

With this mod installed, you can place 1-tiled objects on the "bridge" tile (the one where Sims walk through) without moveobjects cheat on. (See the screenshot below.) Sims can freely use objects placed on the "bridge" tile. Especially useful for bookcases.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 7:08 PM
You have fixed all the flaws & laziness of the EA team.
Thank you very much, you have saved our games once again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 1:51 AM
Thank You!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 6:07 AM
Awesome! Thank you so much for this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 8:04 PM
That's the greatest thing I've ever seen!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 5:57 PM
I've been waiting for something like this for too long!! Thank you soooooooo much! :o)
Page 1 of 2